Thread: Atlas of Rubi-Ka & Atlas of Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    page 1
    Umm dude, you're website isn't online anymore.
    Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one another. But, in everyday life gravity can be a great many other things.

≤≈What draws you in?≥≈

Now its back up o.0
    Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one another. But, in everyday life gravity can be a great many other things.

≤≈What draws you in?≥≈

Without going too much into detail, the DNS server had some issues, but should be working fine now.

Tech stuff: When the DNS server is down, Domain Name lookups won't work (so for example, aomaps.com won't resolve to a IP), and your browser won't know where to look for that site.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Downloaded the newest versions of AOLX/AOSL and extraced the files in planetmap folder like it says in readme file. But I still get error when trying to set map to AOLX in SL and if im in Xan areas it will crash to desktop, I can't get the RK map to work either. Tried to follow the instructions for problemsolving, still didn't work. I also ownloaded it and did it over again 3 times didn't work either.

Do you have any suggestions on what the problem might be?

PS. I found out I can use CSP map without any problems.
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Inside planetmap folder, you have a AoSL folder. Inside the folder, is it another AoSL folder or the AoSL.bin and other files? The files should be inside the AoSL folder, not in a second folder.

AoLX is now on AoSL and is discontinued

Yes, the files are all there and in the right folder, I moved them from the second one. I still get this message when trying to choose AoSL in shadowlands/xan:

Error loading file: F:/Anarchy Online/cd_image/textures/PlanetMap/AoSL_v0.7/AoSL.txt

This is the folder where the files are now:

F:\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\PlanetMap\AoSL_v0.7

These are the files in the folder:

AoSL.bin
    AoSL.txt
    AoSL_MapCoords.xml
    DoNotReadme.txt
    Hashes.txt
    Readme.txt

I'm running AO on a new computer, with Vista as OS. Not sure if it is just me/my computer or if this is a known problem? So far I've managed to get CSP to work and also Spheremap after fix. But I would love to use this map as it seems more up to date and also cover the Xan areas.

Thanks for replying!

Quote Originally Posted by johasve View Post
    Error loading file: F:/Anarchy Online/cd_image/textures/PlanetMap/AoSL_v0.7/AoSL.txt
    The part in bold should be AoSL, not AoSL_v0.7.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

That solved it, thanks!

Deserves a sticky...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

If I take east gate out of Old Athen and enter Wartorn Valley the map shows me to be still way inside Old Athen. Known issues or is it just me? Kind of confusing a noob...

AoRK uses the original XML, it needs a makeover, but i cant promise it will come anytime soon. This means zone borders on AoRK will not be as accurate as AoSL, me and a few others went over whole SL to make every zone border correct. There is a ton more zone borders on RK than SL, so it takes alot more work. The XML tells you where your character is compared to the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    ...me and a few others went over whole SL to make every zone border correct. There is a ton more zone borders on RK than SL, so it takes alot more work.
    Is there some... What would be the correct term... Universally applicable methodology, step-by-step instructions, or something similar about what needs to be done to acquire the required data about a zone?

Maybe you could put together a guide on how it's done and post it here to see if there are people bored (or helpful, or both ) enough to take up on going through one or the other zone in their spare time and compile the data you need.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Open up planetmap\AoRK\AoRK_MapCoords.xml in a text editor, a editor with colored tags like notepad++ is helpfull.

Scroll down to the zone you are wanting to edit.
    Test x and z(y) position of the zone on the map to adjust the zone, do not adjust scale.

Problem with RK there is zones that have zonewalls on 4 sides. This problem isnt in SL so it is a lot harder to adjust on RK. Since you need to adjust for one zonewall, then go to the other to check if that is still in place.

There may need to be adjustments done to the map too. Since on server, the zones aren't laying side by side, they are totally separate. This means current size/placement of a zone may be wrong.

*With Teal'c voice* And now, the conclusion:
    Check the xml, adjust coords, and hope the zones can be aligned correctly without changing the map itself.

BadaBump

Not having this on page 2
    Ra, ra, ra the bot,
    gently down the lag.
    Happily killing clammers,
    rezzing's such a drag.

Hongkong Phooy 220/27/70
    Codexier 60/6/14
    Whosgotammo 150/13/38

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be giving me this error:

"Error loading file:
    D:\AO\cd_image\textures\PlanetMap\false"

I've tried reinstalling AoSL, but still no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Anyone have any ideas as to what may be giving me this error:

"Error loading file:
    D:\AO\cd_image\textures\PlanetMap\false"

I've tried reinstalling AoSL, but still no go.
    Using AOU mod by any chance? Switch back to the default GUI or wait till they update... I just read that this error is caused by their GUI.

Or give a try to Notum Dovvetech...

If you are not using any custom GUI, try to switch to the default map then back to AoRK. Or maybe your patching failed and some of the files did not get properly updated. Vista/Win7?

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Using AOU mod by any chance? Switch back to the default GUI or wait till they update... I just read that this error is caused by their GUI.

Or give a try to Notum Dovvetech...

If you are not using any custom GUI, try to switch to the default map then back to AoRK. Or maybe your patching failed and some of the files did not get properly updated. Vista/Win7?
    AOU mod... Thanks, I will wait for an update

PS.
    Luckily I have played long enough to not rely 100% on a map

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Luckily I have played long enough to not rely 100% on a map
    If you need help, just follow me. As an engi I am used to pets.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast