Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlas of Rubi-Ka & Atlas of Shadowlands

I have now updated the compiler to handle the suggested task.
    With a dummy layer 4, it added about 300KB to the final size.
    I expect the size of the map to increase with a maxinum of 1MB if the layer is added as described.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    Found out that tradershop aint the same as yalmshop..

Special Superb Supermarket = tradershop
    Special Advanced Supermarket = yalmshop

So i need to add even more to the map and i found it to be too crowded in the city ares. So im throwing out a idea to see how you people feel about.

Add a 5. layer between current 3 and 4 with special shops, bs terminals and not-everyday-use items, and keep wompahs, grid and normal shops on 3. layer.
    My friend demoder is working on a new compiler that, with this changes, only make map around 1MB larger.(this is currently beeing tested)
    If we have a shopping layer, I think I would prefer all the shops to be moved there (and be taken off the normal navigation layer). That would reduce overall clutter and make it a lot easier to identify the different shop type symbols. Use the grey background, like the unique mob layer.

At least for me, I know exactly where my everyday supply shops are, and it's only when I need something special or am hunting specific QL's that I resort to the map.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Reason i wanted it on two maps was because it is so mutch stuffed together in the cities, if i move all the shops over it will still be stuffed. The idea was to move all except the normal shops.

How about adding the various locations of Joe-Two Fingers to Andromeda?
    Betos 220/23 Solitus Engineer
    Kalenth 212/12 Solitus Doctor

http://world-of-dungeons.net/?link_eb_51408

Jack the legchopper clones in Varmit Woods... Any chanse to get them numbered, or something like that? (for quick reference)
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Nvm
    Last edited by enforzaaa; Jul 8th, 2007 at 12:01:42.
    Enforzaaa-220/25/68 Enforcer - Vatos Locos

And a dozen of other alts not even worth mentioning.

Just heard about this project, looking nice.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

On the topic of SL Jumpoffs, I'll be adding the corrected ones to my SLMap - it was around the 16.x series of patches they broke the Nasc. jumpoffs if I recall.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru View Post
    On the topic of SL Jumpoffs, I'll be adding the corrected ones to my SLMap - it was around the 16.x series of patches they broke the Nasc. jumpoffs if I recall.
    It was a "break" for the good though, I think. Nascense is stuffed to the gills with new players all the time, or ex Froobs trying out the shadowlands on shades/keepers. Being able to jump off the world when in trouble and end up in Jobe is a great thing, in my opinion. Its also handy for getting back to RK nice and quick.

Kudos man, I especially like the added jumpoffs

I still would love feedback on how you people want it, or if you think its good as it is. Take a look at newland, how to make it better(less crowded).

1. New layer with just the cities(in 2x size?)
    2. New full layer with just the shops.
    3. Keep it as it is, but move it around a little to make it readable.
    4. New full zoom layer with full information and just use symbols on current zoomed in layer.

And how mutch do filesize mather, i assume the majority uses broadband anyways nowdays.

I still would love feedback on how you people want it, or if you think its good as it is. Take a look at newland, how to make it better(less crowded).

1. New layer with just the cities(in 2x size?)
    2. New full layer with just the shops.
    3. Keep it as it is, but move it around a little to make it readable.
    4. New full zoom layer with full information and just use symbols on current zoomed in layer.

And how mutch do filesize mather, i assume the majority uses broadband anyways nowdays.
    1. New layer with just the cities(in 2x size?) would be great if the cities were magnified.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

bump, getting lost in spam

Sticky, plz....
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Testing some google maps and putting AoRK on it, check out first post and tell me what you think.

Testing some google maps and putting AoRK on it, check out first post and tell me what you think.
    Brilliant idea. After disappearance of travel.to/rubi-ka maps, there was no off-game map to link in guides or just stare on while not in game.

Any chance of making that applet somehow context-aware? To post links to a particular zone for example, or center on coordinates.
    Kirke Issica Rafael, chief ninjal33ter of Omlety, nano uber advy.
    Lady Gniewica, nano PVP trader.
    Seppun Rumiko Sama, nano s10 crat.
    Tradycja Konwencja Technokracja, nano firstchar NT.
    Wojownicza Kruszynka Zaglady, nano mongo4life enfo.
    Nano shade of doom still pending.

Omlety, jedyna polska organizacja na RK2 po stronie Omni, rekrutują! Zapraszamy na forum.
    ...and yeah, OmniTek protects.

I'm kinda new to the whole thing, will try to improve it with time, i still cant understand why the center of the map is -2x2 :S

Quote Originally Posted by Issica View Post
    Brilliant idea. After disappearance of travel.to/rubi-ka maps, there was no off-game map to link in guides or just stare on while not in game.

Any chance of making that applet somehow context-aware? To post links to a particular zone for example, or center on coordinates.
    That works now, still trying to figure out how to make link within the page, something is wrong, but links from another place works.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast