Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fix Initiatives! (Except Nano)

Re: Re: Fix Initiatives! (Except Nano)

Originally posted by Cz
    Noted, reported, verified, located, fixed, and hopefully going into 14.6.
    Yay! Finally!

Cz, as a subnote to this bug fix, you may want to start looking at Doctor Init debuffs. This will dramatically increase their power and some may be too strong (-2.2k Inits).

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Lucid Flow; Sep 17th, 2002 at 17:06:51.

Re: Re: Fix Initiatives! (Except Nano)

Originally posted by Cz
    Noted, reported, verified, located, fixed, and hopefully going into 14.6.

gah! you mean i have to revise my init/aggro bar FAQ again!?

this is good news for those high recharge weapons for sure (parry sticks come to my mind first ) but yes, init debuffs will be 2x as powerful now.

looks like a good chunk of the entire skill system is going to get an overhaul in 14.6, and that's certainly a good thing

Re: Re: Re: Fix Initiatives! (Except Nano)

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Yay! Finally!

Cz, as a subnote to this bug fix, you may want to start looking at Doctor Init debuffs. This will dramatically increase their power and some may be too strong (-2.2k Inits).

Just a thought.
    Yeah, they'll have all the power they're supposed to have. Now everyone will have to...run away a little bit faster.

As a sidenote, the debuff you're thinking of is Decrepitude. It debuffs inits by 2,569. It also breaks just like a root does. That's why it's only useful at all on pets.

We should look at Crat charms, too. The ability to charm another player's pets is overpowered and really pisses off the other player-IOW, it has the same effect that being able to charm the players themselves would have.

I think he was thinking of Rapid Palsy, which I recall being around -2.2k init, and DOESN'T break like a root.

That said, happy to see this fix going in. Maybe, just maybe, super-scope Ithacas won't be quite as good now.

Yeah, right.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Rapid Palsy is -1.1k. Uncontrollable Body Tremors is -1.5k, and we have to drop Shining BM for PM to cast that at level 200.

Doesn't really change Ithaca's any, having bit under 150ish ini even after scope is quite easy. Don't use Ithaca's, or 15% scopes myself anyways, but it is not going to matter much to them.

Time to redo calculations for finding a good gun again it seems. Oh well, lets cross fingers that it doesn't break too many balance issues.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fix Initiatives! (Except Nano)

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    We should look at Crat charms, too. The ability to charm another player's pets is overpowered and really pisses off the other player-IOW, it has the same effect that being able to charm the players themselves would have.
    LOL, man you are crazy.

Originally posted by ewert
    Doesn't really change Ithaca's any, having bit under 150ish ini even after scope is quite easy. Don't use Ithaca's, or 15% scopes myself anyways, but it is not going to matter much to them.
    This highly depends on your PROFESSION. Some get 3 per level, most get 4 and Soldiers get 5.

On another note, High ROF clusters will help.

Oh great.. Another unwanted nerf brought upon us. Who the hell cares if the inits didn't work as we players imagined they would? It was equal for everyone.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Oh great.. Another unwanted nerf brought upon us. Who the hell cares if the inits didn't work as we players imagined they would? It was equal for everyone.
    Because it made certain weapons with certain item combinations better then they should have been.

Get it right Coldstrike. It's NOT a nerf. It's a FIX.

Well... I cared, actually.

People who use weapons like say the Queen Blade (9.1s recharge), the Sledgehammer (7s recharge), the upcoming Manex Catastrophe (3.5s recharge), XM 559 (still prolly no good, but might be better?), Flashpoint gets a bonus as well (7/5) as does the Westinghouse, etc, etc...

Actually, from looking at this, the people who'll be getting the most bonuses are soldiers and melee users. Good, they could use them.

Thank you Lucid, for nerfing my char. May I have my IPR points back now please?

You also basicly made high crit scopes useless for anyone but MA's and people using 1/1 weapons.
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

There are people using high crit scopes on weapons that don't have low recharges?

-800 init = +1.333 to attack, +2.666 to recharge

Geez, poor people. They'll have to suffer the -4s bite to their times that they ought to suffer for having a +15% crit?

Whiner imitation

Ahem. . .*clears throat*

"Oh, woe is me, Funcom fixed a bug! Whatever shall I do? I shall weep!"

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

You have to be full agg to fire a Raid at 1/1 with a 15% scope, after this change. Sucks for Doctors. Guess I'll have to make an MA.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    There are people using high crit scopes on weapons that don't have low recharges?

-800 init = +1.333 to attack, +2.666 to recharge

Geez, poor people. They'll have to suffer the -4s bite to their times that they ought to suffer for having a +15% crit?
    Do not assume that all they did was just change the server from looking at base skill instead of total skill. Its pointless to make statements like that right now. You don't know how it was changed.

wow, something got done, VERY pleasantly surprised, maybe the QB fix will go through too
    gj FC workers! keep it up
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Holy smackers I didn't see that one coming from CZ. They are actually going to change the initiatives. That will change a lot of the weapons that are already out there. There will be new alternatives for enforcers decides the Support Beam. Of course that will be somewhat dependant on how they 'fix' it.

Martin
    Martin

support beams are not only used by enfs, and not all enfs use em, get that prejudice outta ur head, also beams will still be very good weps, no matter how inits work.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Err... technically, I suspect this will make beams BETTER weapons.

Do people scope beams? IF they do, then this hurts them. I assume that given the fairly high attack of a beam (3.5), which would require a whopping 1500 init to get down to 1, people don't scope them. This just makes it easier to drop that recharge to 1. Doesn't greatly improve the weapon. Doesn't hurt it.

I'll say it again. The only people hurt by this are those who use heavy crit scopes. Well, and people getting hit by doc init debuffs.

Now, as to Shub's comment... hmmm. I don't think that's completely true. I'm sitting, at level 133, as a fixer, on a little under 900 init with a TIM scope. So, 720 init pre-scope, with implants that aren't even QL200, only S/B implants in, and I'm not too close to title capped on RI... call it 750 at the cap? 800 if you can manage QL200 implants all round (S-r.wrist, B-head, F-r.hand), and can implant it in the hand?

So, at level 133! I could manage to fire a Raid at 0.5/1.7 with a 15% scope. I'm going to assume that I can eventually get my inits over 1k, because I know fixers that have.

I say again, get over it. Sorry your favorite combo is going to change. Try a slightly lower scope.

Minivasn: True, they've not stated how it's going to change. I'm going on the assumption that they're simply going to start counting buffs, debuffs, implants and items for recharge calculations, but that the 300/-1 relationship holds. If this changes, things will work differently. In which case I'll re-calculate, and amuse myself for a while with that.

Doesn't affect me at all, one way or another; I use an MCS.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast