Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranged Energy :/

Ranged Energy :/

Hail to you doc forums!!

So basically I'm a whore for useless / old / bugged weapon lines... this ranges from a grenade engie, a 2hb enforcer, to my ranged energy doctor :]
    (Im not even going to touch my pure bow MA...)

So basically I've been tinkering around with him for a while, and am heart broken to realize Ill be stuck with a REC for the rest of his docing career... at the moment he uses a Kyr'Ozch Energy Carbine - Type 5 (QL 150) for pvm and a type 3 for pvp... the original hope was the dreadloch thrasher but lets just say its a tid too much in the skill requirement department :P as this weapon isnt a multi ranged weapon... I see no other profession better to use it then the doctor! but like many ofab / dreadloch weapons... it needs some twinking... personally Id like to see it nerfed down to the point where a doctor could get it on :] but thats just wishful thinking :x

So basically just looking for info / past experience / seeing if anyone shares my ranged energy love :]

Edit: Will post link to setup later for some pointers may haps <<
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Retired Doc Professional
    Everything that I can honestly say about ranged energy is good. Its got a good pvp/pvm combo, both will do good damage, and theyve got good specials. The only problem is a huge one: your shiny AR slot is in the head, and no doctor would/should sacrifice that.

If you have the cash to bring your ar up with other gear, then its a viable option, no doubt.

(short post, gotta go to work )
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Dont let your head hang down , if you can spare some IP you could go for http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=257126 kinda slow firing but the bursts and how fast it cycles rock.

2 kinda strange weapons but you might give it a try ( or just get a low-ql for the looks ) http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=248626 and http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=248577

Another weapon that looks to nice but doesnt seem to drop often :
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=245731 a ql 260 would be called "Lost Faith"
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Dual type 5 RE pistols should work decently too, though they suffer from the stupid 1.6k MR after ql200 problem. Lost Hope/Faith would be the ultimate weapon though
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Was trying to keep it to burst / fling shot... never really looked into full auto... I doubt it would work very well with low AR and the ability to not buff it..? Tho Im open to anything really :P

And yuck. I would need 900 ranged init to cap that 1/1 at full agro :x it looks pretty bad ass tho :P tho the low crit ++ makes me kinda sad... as Im a total crit whore for most all my toons >_<

Secondly the price tag on that weapon... only one I can find at the moment is 300m

Setup At the Moment

I try to go damage + RE AAO whore... while still keeping the ability to cast SL heals as well as work on that nano delta and tick time...

Somehow I missed this weapon when I did a database RE weapon search... at least its attack is 100% RE unlike most split weapons....

Edit: Im trying to stay away from multi ranged and dual wielding to save IP
    Grenadearchy Online
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

the dreadloch re gun is nice if you can equip it(duno if you can) because it has very fast special cycles, you will have capped burst/fling and for pvp you dual a onehander

Quote Originally Posted by Reziukas View Post
    Lost Hope/Faith would be the ultimate weapon though

<Has one, and is leveeling a new doc to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Takun
    Was trying to keep it to burst / fling shot... never really looked into full auto... I doubt it would work very well with low AR and the ability to not buff it..? Tho Im open to anything really :P

And yuck. I would need 900 ranged init to cap that 1/1 at full agro :x it looks pretty bad ass tho :P tho the low crit ++ makes me kinda sad... as Im a total crit whore for most all my toons >_<

Secondly the price tag on that weapon... only one I can find at the moment is 300m
    Yes, the damage wouldn't be too impressive, and FA... well, no soldier with any setup could cap it. However it's one of the rarest weapons ingame, looks and sounds extremely nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Amortia
    <Has one, and is leveeling a new doc to use it
    Grats, 300m well spent, though it would've been much cooler if you had looted it yourself If I come back, you're totally lending me that gun

Quote Originally Posted by tehtweeky
    the dreadloch re gun is nice if you can equip it(duno if you can) because it has very fast special cycles, you will have capped burst/fling and for pvp you dual a onehander
    You can't dual it.

I havent read all

but RE is crap for doc let alone the weapon is crap as endgame doc, the cluster spots for the imps are just not to be combined with a decent setup, so ur attack rate will suffer! And now with doc pistols, shen sticks even d-sharks! I say follow those paths there the best.

P.S. I tried the RE dreadloch weapons on my sold but even with his higher AR my doc does way more dmg with shen sticks, which counts for pistols aswell. The RE/MBC days are over for endgame docs for now.
    GoldFish - Riders Of The Lost Org

Quote Originally Posted by Soladoc
    And now with doc pistols, shen sticks even d-sharks!
    Now what does dshark have to do with all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Soladoc View Post
    even d-sharks!
    the Loch Ness Monster, Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny and, more importantly, D-Shark-Docs do -not- exist!
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    the Loch Ness Monster, Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny and, more importantly, D-Shark-Docs do -not- exist!
    u forgot Grafter... I am just saying there are other stuff > RE, so ppl wont make the mistake I made by losing all my IPR's..
    GoldFish - Riders Of The Lost Org

Quote Originally Posted by Reziukas View Post
    You can't dual it.
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=267128 is although it has 45 less min dmg

Quote Originally Posted by tehtweeky
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=267128 is although it has 45 less min dmg
    Ah, thought you were talking about thrasher

As a Doc who played with ranged energy a lot ... i can only encourage you

for a long time i used a ql 300 type 5 re pistol with a ql 300 Serious Destruction

I also used a ql 300 EC3 for PVP and it had a nice punch AS wise

I even used a rapier and a thrasher for a while.

All in all RE does very well for Damage as a doc. I did more damage RE than with my current Doc Pistol setup. and my PVP experience with the EC3 was a lot better.

SO go ranged energy .... with all the new items ( albtraum loots ) and the new research it should be a lot easier to get your guns on than it was for me pre albtraum.

Heck one day ill be sick of the doc pistols and will probably go back to Ranged Energy.

Retired Doc Professional
    with all this love coming from DB armor, could a doc really now give up the head symb for an implant? one could argue for that fact.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

So... wait wait wait...

It is... possible to get 2001 RE on a doctor to get thrasher on?

According to grafter, its not possible, and according to Deijara, he/she has had one on :P

Wtb screenies / setup links plax kthx!!

So far the best I can come up with is...

115 - Power up
    20 - Expertise
    70 - RE Mastery
    153 - Umbral
    220 - Full set of 300 supple with 300 penult doc ofab gloves
    11 - Flower guard cloak
    10 - 2x Juggernaut ncu-s
    141 + 85 + 57 = 283 - Ql 300 Implants
    100 - CoHa Perk line
    75 - Research
    60? - Combat Tuners [There is quite a few of these, and im not quite sure how many one can really have and stack together seeing as they are unique and go in certain hud / util slots, I know a friend uses (+60 total) so im going with that)
    20 - Heavy Bracer

With that I come out somewhere around... 945? Not counting trickdown, Im sure a few missing items, as well as the actual skill its self... so the question remains can a solitus doc get 1056 RE self at 220? Ooo!!!

Edit: Forgot about new global research, thats another +75...

Edit 2x: Also forgot about towers.. so that could be another -20 or 30 or so :x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    with all this love coming from DB armor, could a doc really now give up the head symb for an implant? one could argue for that fact.
    I know grafter now went NR 2 with the new dusties stuff, so being a pvm / carebear and not perking NR I dont see how one wouldnt be able to pull it off... the only thing I would be worried about is the loss of intel / psy...
    Last edited by Takun; Aug 17th, 2007 at 04:57:07.
    Grenadearchy Online

Grenade Infos

Grafter said there are no dshark docs... Rapier/thrasher/ql300 KEC are equippable.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Grafter said there are no dshark docs... Rapier/thrasher/ql300 KEC are equippable.
    No no, he told me in game that 2001 RE wasnt possible on a doc...

It was shortly followed by some anti RE propaganda, and some go go pistol talk... most of which i ignore, and ignore from everyone in game that tells me not to go RE... although...

[Team]: xxxxx: Winter what weapon do you use?
    [Team]: Winterbourne: (Posts a 153 REC)
    [Team]: xxxxx: I find it stupid that a doc with a QL 153 weapon can OD an nt....

Ado heck research team... Laff :x

The biggest problem Im having thus far is getting soldiers in team who go "Whats RE mastery?" so I ended up buying a bag of RE mastery nanos from the soldier nano shop and put them into a bag, and hand them out to soldiers I get in team.... Hopefully this someday will benefit me, more then the hole in my wallet :P

And shame on your 220 soldiers who dont have it either! Its in a city shop ffs
    Grenadearchy Online

Grenade Infos

Takun, ignore grafter, he's just jealous. And I must warn you - unlike crap grenade engi and bow MA - RE docs aren't that rare... And were almost considered mainstream for pvp docs. Just those who really cared jumped on silverback bandwagon :P

You was able to get ql300 REC (2000 RE) even before LE, but keeping it out of OE was too hard, so most docs I know settled with ql225-260ish ones. Now with hud madness we got it's a bit easier
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast