Thread: /ooc The Rp flag is coming

/ooc The Rp flag is coming

From the 17.9 notes

New /rp command for roleplayers. This command will add visible characters to your name tag so that other players can see that you are currently ‘in character
    This is something rolepalyers have been asking for years, almost as long as a social tab, so I am sure a lot of people will be very happy about it.

Personally I don't see it as making a huge difference. The issue for me has never been about finding other roleplayers. The real challenge for me is finding new things to roleplay about. But still, one more more little present from FC to us roleplayers, one I thought I'd never see!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

((This is great news. Though I wonder how many non-RPers will walk around with this flag just to be different and because they can.))

Quote Originally Posted by Dasubervixen View Post
    ((This is great news. Though I wonder how many non-RPers will walk around with this flag just to be different and because they can.))
    I bet far to many..

Welcome to /ignore, in that case
    This is my disillusioned, cynical and lazy Engi rights activist account.
    Quitter092 Placard holder
    Ophiuchus 220/30/70
    Bombqueen 75 frewb
    Lots of random non engis.

Until pets behave reliably, their stats are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasubervixen View Post
    we'll annoy them as RPers do just keep talking to them ICly till they get fed up with it & get rid of that flag ;D
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Agreed Kali and PBF.

I like it. Not only is it good for finding new people that RP but it's also great for the causual types to flag up when they feel like it.

This and the social tab are awesome RP lubbins

Edit:
    Also if you are RP flagged, and someone else who is not strike up a conversation, will you remain IC, or not? Show your work in the margins.
    Last edited by Kotts; Apr 11th, 2008 at 23:16:29.
    Point Blank

OOC: Rp flag, sounds good, i agree with PBF pretty much on that.
    im just happy that RP is getting more love from FC.

Dabblez have you thought of a protoype AI that escapes and needs to be hunted down?
    or have you done that already?

@ kotts, as i'm buffbegged & asked for all kinds of info on the game non-stop i'd most likely go OOC, and if they talk IC inform them if they're RPers about the new RP flag
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Anything to bring casual RPers out of the closet is a good thing. It'll cause less grief between IC and OOC in a way, instead of the confusion you'd have people who are speaking IC using the flag, and those who are speaking OOC not using the flag.

RPers are going to get flamed by griefers regardless of whether there are RP flags or not, there will always be people who exploit the RP flag out of fashion. Thats what blacklisting and /ignore is for. Use it in a merciless way.

The MAIN thing it will do is, raise awareness. How? Oh, you see, RPers will have a new flag, someone will walk by and say "wtf? how did you make your name blue?" and the reply will be ((Im a roleplayer, this is a RP flag, which indicates i am speaking In Character)). Education of the clueless masses through idle curiosity. RP is a personal choice, there is no harm in making people aware that it exists and most importantly, people can make more informative choices based on the facts rather than word-of-mouth bile.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

XD no lanforvi do it like the RP ARK's

random guy: "why is your name blue?!"
    RP ARK: "my name isn't blue, it's xxx"

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    XD no lanforvi do it like the RP ARK's

random guy: "why is your name blue?!"
    RP ARK: "my name isn't blue, it's xxx"
    I see that so much and i've done it a couple times myself, there are just so few ways to strike up a conversation with a blue that isn't totally awkward.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

depends on your character I guess, personally I just go upto them and try to sell them something, or ask them what there upto or such, depending on wich character im playing. Heck sometimes i just /me walks into %t, and then apologise for bumping them and offer to buy a drink etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    I see that so much and i've done it a couple times myself, there are just so few ways to strike up a conversation with a blue that isn't totally awkward.
    takes an annoying chatterbox like me to figure ways out to talk to people and takes them to come up with ways to get rid ofme xD

Geesh, only took what? 6 years? 7?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

and 3 pirates, a rubber band, 2 pieces of tape, a lucifer & 2 paperclips

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox View Post
    Geesh, only took what? 6 years? 7?
    /hugs

hehe yeah about that.. Sil's been doing a lot of things having needed to be done for a long time.. it is some of the other things I wonder about

Now if only we can move their fingers a little closer to the "delete adventurers" button...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist