Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pricing for wrangles ?

Pricing for wrangles ?

It just popped in my mind we should introduce a proper pricing system on wrangles.

I remember getting tips between one to 20 million for 153 wrangle.

100k to 5 million for 131

random amounts for lower ones.

My question is: Set minimum tip per skillpoint to cover waiting times because the targets realize they do not have NCU, enough skill after wrangles etc?

After all, it is our playing time sacrificed.

My suggestion is:
    153 Umbral: 2 million or higher
    131 Wrangle (more common to ask) 1 million before cast attempt. If target doesnt have NCU and/or takes time to get supplemental buffs, items 100k per 1minute additional ?

Heck, i'll become billionaire on one weekend.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

i have never charged, asked for money and 9/10 times dont get tipped (both 131 and 153)
    lolSPLAT

I'm probably more casual than a lot of traders on this board here; and I don't see Skill Wranglers as a sacrifice of my time (half the time I'm on I'm talking to orgmates in Borealis ). If someone comes up to me and asks for a 131, I just target them, hit 9 and go on with it; and the whole lack of NCU thing is really a minor annoyance, usually it's just because they forgot to cancel a buff.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

yeah seriously, just target and press a button, if it says "not enough ncu" just shout: you have 10 seconds before im gone to sort your ncu! And then just spam the button for 10 seconds

If you require a fee, then the creds aren't a tip. A tip is voluntary and the amount at the tippers discretion.

That being said, there was a time when most of us in general did charge for wrangles, I used to charge 1m for a 131 myself, and I sure as hell didn't wait on someone if they did not make sure to have the ncu at the time.

At some point people just stopped being willing to pay, and I stopped caring about it. It takes all of 2 seconds to toss someone a wrangle if I'm not busy, and it's very easy to say no if I'm busy (granted someone still has to know where to look to find me, if I get a tell about a wrangle and the person isn't in front of me, they aren't gettin a reply, much less a wrangle, I don't care if I've given them a wrangle before on some alt and they remembered my name).

About the only exception I make for going out of my way to give a wrangle is for orgmates.

Not to mention it's easy enough to make creds as it is if you're willing to put the time into it.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

If I had a credit for every wrangle i have given I'd be a millionaire, wait I am :P.
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

never accepted any tip since 220, you dont tip a doc that heals you neither and I never payed a tip for TS neither, its there job if they dont like it than they shoudnt of gone TS or doc or trd etc
    Laydne / Dewestad / Reness

The Pain Dealers are recruiting

Live streaming @ www.twitch.tv/laydne

Here's my deal...

Any regular buff i'll cast free / give free if asked. If i'm around and i see someone in market channel WTB XXX buff, i'll buff them for the posted price they listed, unless they are my faction; then it's free.

I never tip for buffs, but i will WTB a wrangle becuase that's usually the last thing i need and i want it prior to my other buffs running out. For a 131 i'll pay 1m. I'll do 1m becuase i want it asap and that's a nice round figure to get someone motiviated.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Close to what damon7 said for me. If people find me, and I'm not in a particularly bad mood, buffs[1] are free. If people WTB it on the trade channel, that's more work for me, so I accept the price offered if I bother answering. ..and I'll never admit to having tradeskills

[1] wrangles, (improved) behe, NS, or whatever other buff people ask for[2]
    [2] though I usually give vet leet when people ask my (opifex 1he) enf for wolf..
    Hlep gnak!

i lvled my trader to 215+ because its fun, and i am not awayre of muscular ache from pressing a button for a nano yet, even tho im asked a lot... hell i got strong fingers!

lol
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Back when I needed 3 drains just to cast a 131, I wouldn't cast it without a tip. Now that I'm TL 7, I don't see a reason why I need to be paid to hit a button, so now I purposely advertise myself at FT casting 131s for free whenever someone tries to sell a wrangle service and turn down tips people try to give me. Seems a bit wrong when some newb finally loots a Styg and has to set aside a small fortune (to him) to put it on.

I tip TSers that will take them though, because having seen what I got back from my full IPR TSes are huge IP drains and quite frankly not something I'd really do myself.
    Peddler Unloved "Rotawm" Unwanted (218/19/7/10/10/8/9/10/10) Opi Trader, Unit Member of Core

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    lol

I take this as an agreement to my proposed prices, since noone came up with anything constructive on this subject.

Could we have this sticky too ?

Engies have that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Goossens View Post
    never accepted any tip since 220, you dont tip a doc that heals you neither and I never payed a tip for TS neither, its there job if they dont like it than they shoudnt of gone TS or doc or trd etc
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Shareida; Oct 23rd, 2008 at 17:40:26.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

Giew names of your alts so we could ask you for adequate tips. How about 1m for normal behe and up to 20 for ibehe?

I never accepted a tip for pressing a button. That's how awesome and poor i r
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Twangleman View Post
    I never accepted a tip for pressing a button. That's how awesome and poor i r
    I dont say no to tips, but I never ask for cash either.

On that note, can we ask our professional too to delete trolls and all off topic posts in that thread ?

Hope i made my point on the retardedness of that subject.
    Shareidah - First Order

"If its not 10m+, I don't want it." That is my price after I pressed the required buttons.

I don't really know how to "clean this up". I am a Trader and that spells as much as a retard
    ルネサンスのメンバー
    Member of The Renaissance

この世に奇跡はなく、あるのは必然と偶然。そして後は自分が何をするか、それだけだ。
    There are no miracles in this world. What is in existance, is the path one takes during the inevitable or unexpected circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Axela View Post
    I am a Trader and that spells as much as a retard
    rofl.. Sig worthy!!!

I only demand 'a price' when i have to go out of my way to give it. Otherwise, I just spam it on whoever wants it that sees me. Honestly, I get compensated well for wrangling people. They appreciate the service.

In addition, I will absolutely not tolerate people that are rude to me for wrangles, no matter what the offer is.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I only demand 'a price' when i have to go out of my way to give it. Otherwise, I just spam it on whoever wants it that sees me. Honestly, I get compensated well for wrangling people. They appreciate the service.

In addition, I will absolutely not tolerate people that are rude to me for wrangles, no matter what the offer is.
    Wrangle me right here now, ho!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast