Thread: Lvl 1 trader twink

Smile Lvl 1 trader twink

Hello i am working on a lvl 1 twink
    was wondering what breed to use
    current setup is http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=113804
    If you have a equip config or a suggestion please leave a post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Iscarrim
    In Mother Russia, you don't bump the thread; the thread bumps you!

Shades of Lucubration
    To Equip User Computer literacy >= 166 and
    User Breed == Nanomage

So if you're using the shades, you have to go nano. :x

Edit: If you're going Omni, I'd suggest Omni Carb for more HP and NCU. Trader OFAB in general is basically trash.
    Edit2: Collar Caesro De La Cripta <--- not sure if that's spelt right, but with some work I've seen it on a Lv1 trader, and it's definitely better then the token board.
    Edit3: Might wanna consider Rings of the Nucleus Bassilis, more NCU = more OSBs = Moar PWN. -shrug-
    Last edited by Nukej00; Sep 7th, 2008 at 12:24:36.
    Dark Front
    (220/23) NM Nanotechnician Nukej00 · Orlyj00 - Solitus Doctor (220/20)
    .....(175/11) Opifex Soldier Alphaj00 · Emoj00 - Opifex Trader (165/14)
    .......(150/13) Opifex MA Baterj00 · Boinkj00 - Opifex Agent (31/2)

you asked on test yesterday, so i guess ill say it again.
    5 slot is probably not happening.
    to equip those funnels, you need at least 250 tutoring, and since at level 1, you have no access to tutoring buffing armor, your only going to have your +150 from backpack. being 100 short, and since your imps will not be higher then 60 or so, your going to be way off.

secondly, you have no coh collar, which will be a real pain in the first place.
    use that instead, much more useful.

those rings are not really the best option, switch one out for at least a ring of nucleuis baslis.

imma run some basic calcs for 5 slot belt actually. lets see
    Brutalthug16 - Resident Testlive Noobie
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

Quote Originally Posted by theobelisk View Post
    you asked on test yesterday, so i guess ill say it again.
    5 slot is probably not happening.

imma run some basic calcs for 5 slot belt actually. lets see
    Meh, if he goes NM and uses the Shades, he'll at least get closer to the CL then any other breed. But agreed he'll still be a ways off. 339 CL is a stretch at Lv1.
    Dark Front
    (220/23) NM Nanotechnician Nukej00 · Orlyj00 - Solitus Doctor (220/20)
    .....(175/11) Opifex Soldier Alphaj00 · Emoj00 - Opifex Trader (165/14)
    .......(150/13) Opifex MA Baterj00 · Boinkj00 - Opifex Agent (31/2)

its only 250 for 5 slot belt. but still, way off.
    using only 40 imps, and comp. literacy buffing armor (could probably use 50/60's)
    i hit round 170 comp. literacy (w/ frequent trader.)
    point being, even if you bumped imps up to ql 60, which is possible, the 5 slotter is impossible until your capable of either casting bulk trader and or you level up, to boost imp's ql's, and more base skills.
    this would be possible round 5 or 6 though.
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

I can get 75 imps no problem at lvl1....and for the 5 slot thats just a goal....still dono what breed....i was thinking NM but not sure
    Quote:

as to the tutoring.....150+20 expertise+60 imps+20 base=a few short but i can find somthing too add up...and if i am not mistaken there is a buff that gives 120
    Quote:

no tutoring buff. far to much of a squeeze at level 1 to pull off though.
    4 would be enough though, just stick to that for now.
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsick View Post
    I can get 75 imps no problem at lvl1....and for the 5 slot thats just a goal....still dono what breed....i was thinking NM but not sure
    All 4 breeds will do well; nanomage I would almost say has the advantage with the nanoskills, but oddly enough you're gonna get about the same HP results from atrox as from solitus or nanomage or opifex, since you don't start out with a major difference in HP at level 1.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Nanomage is definitely the best choice for a level 1 trader because of the Shades of Lucubration. The best* achievable** setup for a level 1 self-buffed trader would probably be:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=108952

Note that the Platinum Filigree ring should be ~ql 250.
    ** It may not be possible for a trader to get on a six slot belt, barrow strength, or withered flesh at level one.

In January of 2006 I threw a six slot belt on a level 10 trader using all three Focus-Funneling Helpers. A pioneer backpack, buffing implants, and some tradeskill pistols really help. Even at level one I am certain you could get two, if not all three, of the helpers on. Also, even though you can no longer delete NCUs while they're on, and you can no longer recast buffs already in your NCU when you don't have NCU free, you can still get a six slot belt on a level six trader, and possibly even lower. Most likely you can get a five slot belt on at level one trader.

My level four trader currently has a Wen-Wen Decoy from Albtraum, Pump Master (100% self-buffed while drains are running), Shades of Lucubration, full Penultimate Ofab (minus the arms which are Stinging Snake Tattoos), a +10 ring from Inferno, and a few other goodies as well; so all of those are also doable.
    Ky Loobman Jelly :: 220/23 Solitus Doctor
    Sechsy :: 191/11 Nanomage Meta-Physicist. First 61+ character with 1hp. Duel Video
    Ganked You :: 166/20 Solitus Adventurer. Equipment
    The Loob Man :: 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist. Equipment
    Lubemeup Imgoingin :: 126/15 Atrox Enforcer. Equipment
    Sechzy :: 95/10 Nanomage Trader. Equipment
    Sechsie :: 76/8 Nanomage Nano-Technician. Equipment
    Totw Nerfed Twink :: 25/3 Nanomage Agent. Equipment. Soloing Aztur

can u tell me how a lvl 1 can get too inferno and alberham thing...???? and how u get the wen wen
    Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsick View Post
    can u tell me how a lvl 1 can get too inferno and alberham thing...???? and how u get the wen wen
    Now that is something 220 traders are quite good for. You pretty much have the trader calm everything ahead, and the level 1 can just run through. Once you get to ado and up, it's quite helpful that the zone dots are 30% capped -- with a doctor friend to heal the lowbie, you're fine. Inside Albtraum (it's German for nightmare) there is no zone dot, so the level 1 can sit by the entrance most of the time.

I've seen a level 1 run around in pande, so I assume FC fixed it so that you no longer get an XP reward from zone progression quests if you have "disable all xp gains" checked.

It sounds very annoying to me, and you'll want the help of at least one friend, but it's far from impossible.
    Hlep gnak!

kk first....how does a lvl 1 get too inforno....second...how do i get too the wen wen place and finally....what do i need too do 2 get em?
    Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    Now that is something 220 traders are quite good for. You pretty much have the trader calm everything ahead, and the level 1 can just run through. Once you get to ado and up, it's quite helpful that the zone dots are 30% capped -- with a doctor friend to heal the lowbie, you're fine. Inside Albtraum (it's German for nightmare) there is no zone dot, so the level 1 can sit by the entrance most of the time.

I've seen a level 1 run around in pande, so I assume FC fixed it so that you no longer get an XP reward from zone progression quests if you have "disable all xp gains" checked.

It sounds very annoying to me, and you'll want the help of at least one friend, but it's far from impossible.
    Yep yep! There are some guides on the Progression Quests here:
    http://aovault.ign.com/View.php?view...y_select_id=10

I'll try to write up a comprehensive collection of tips whenever I get home.
    Sechsy :: 191/11 Nanomage Meta-Physicist. First 61+ character with 1hp. Duel Video

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    I think you still get XP from those but it's been capped to a % of XP so you ding off of 1 quest, just need to save in the garden and /terminate.
    They told me to shoot straight
    Don't pull the trigger squeeze
    That will ensure a kill
    A kill is what you want
    A kill is why we breed

10,000 voices 100 guns
    100 decibels turns to one
    One bullet one empty head

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTurtle View Post
    I think you still get XP from those but it's been capped to a % of XP so you ding off of 1 quest, just need to save in the garden and /terminate.
    you do not loose xp until you hit level 15 :/
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    you do not loose xp until you hit level 15 :/
    I was thinking that you could still /terminate to loose XP, it was being killed that you didn't loose anything. I haven't done much of anything TL1 for ages though so I could be off but if that is the case turning off XP gain either affects quest rewards now or you can't ding off of quest gained XP which I think is the case with those lvl 1s in inferno, alb and pande.
    That will ensure a kill
    A kill is what you want
    A kill is why we breed

10,000 voices 100 guns

Nonono, the trick is:

Once you collected all items for the ring to proceed to the next SL zone, you go meet ergo, start talking to him, then, when he asks you to give him the items and the trade window opens, you delete the mission in your missi window, then hand over the stuff and accept - voila! Ring yes - XP no :-D
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    Nonono, the trick is:

Once you collected all items for the ring to proceed to the next SL zone, you go meet ergo, start talking to him, then, when he asks you to give him the items and the trade window opens, you delete the mission in your missi window, then hand over the stuff and accept - voila! Ring yes - XP no :-D
    Yep, without doing that you'll be level 35 in no time with those quests. They have a "large XP boost" enabled, so it'll spam you with separate XP rewards and go well over the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    Nonono, the trick is:

That is good to know. I never much bothered with getting my own lowbies to inf for alb, just helped a bunch of lvl 24+ twinks in my org for tower wars and defense. Thats just an area that I don't choose to spend what little time I have in, hell I haven't been in game in almost 2 months now.
    That will ensure a kill
    A kill is what you want
    A kill is why we breed

10,000 voices 100 guns

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast