Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sector 10 keeper twinks

sector 10 keeper twinks

whats the best keeper perk setup for sec10 ?

cant deside what once to use, armor etc are done atm
    just need to sort perks best way

anyone have tips on sec10 keeper twinks ?

everything welcome
    hey !!

This is the setup I use atm on my 150 keeper, nothing too fancy, but it works well. Can take on alot of aliens at the same time, solo. The only ones that can make you struggle are the higher level Cha II's, and Insight is really helpful vs those because of it's AR bonus.
    And I gotto say, soloing in general works really well with this setup, it just takes some practise with timing on perks, like bio cocoon. But try to pop it early so you'll get to use it twice in the longer fights, instead of just 1 time.
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

I have 3 questions/observations about this setup

1. why cost reduction instead of another yutto ncu? you are more than able to cast all non-level locked nanos at 150 without nanopool problems

2. why alium tank armor instead of gladiator? you seem to be able to get it kinda easy looking at the rest of your phatz...

3. .. and finally... you really need inits that bad? I suppose an alien offensive can replace cause of headache

PS Cha 2's.... ugh

1. trox and saving ip, hes soloing a lot and not relying on osbs.
    2. Alien tank giefs nano and hp and AR, gladiator only gives 100 health and 11 AR plus some specials
    3. full def is essential for keepers and i think skog is using it not for the inits im guessing

If he ever gets a 15% scope im sure he will put that on instead of the off 2

Only things im skeptical about in skogs setup is the goos, get some aruls for hp alr ;p

Romaas pretty much summed it up. And there's a few reasons why I don't use alien scope:
    1st - I don't really do much ai raids on my keeper. I use my enf+doc for that instead.
    2nd- Crit scope would force me to go more agg to reach 1/1, and I like being full def It's nice if you want to DD-whore at raids though.
    3rd- The extra AR from Offensive hud3, helps alot vs Cha II's. Because the key to beat those nasty buggers as a keeper (in my experience), is having high enough AR to be able to land alot of hits. That's also why I chose ai tank over a notucomm.

Like I said, it's nothing really special in his setup. Most things could be higher ql, i could use 2 igocs instead of motr/barrow, aruls instead of goo's and so on.. But I cba to get that stuff for a pvm toon.
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

if you're staying pure PVM you should focus less on AR and more on DD. Skokeep's setup is fine but for PVM dmg it looks kinda lacking, eg, using CC/CM over ofab, +melee dmg rings and I dunno but I always disliked excal for not having specials, I felt a type 112 more than made up for whatever it was missing in regular hits with FA/brawl.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

well you need a certain degree of AR to even perk the II buggers so i think skog needs at least 1.6k to do it. At 150 as a keeper you need some AR adding items to hit that AR

I suppose I should work on my AR then... only 1.4k but I dont have CM, only Ocraps. Maybe in this way I should perk those cha 2's.

My S10 keep is kinda similar, including worm bracers. I do have a 201 kyr-112 as weapon, 2 energy rings and belum as back item. Do you think I should change coat with alium tank? Was a pain to put that on and now, after all that effort I'm kinda unimpressed. The extra AC does not seem make a difference at all.

how much AC do you have in total?

Cause bellum at the top AC mods only give about 1600 more ACs than Alien tank

1600 more ACs= 160 damage less per hit, which at level 150 is not large but still a fair amount. especially for the crappier mobs.

With the Cha II's they're going to hit for close to 1k. 160 less damage wont help you as much as 10 aad and 300 hp

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    how much AC do you have in total?

Cause bellum at the top AC mods only give about 1600 more ACs than Alien tank

1600 more ACs= 160 damage less per hit, which at level 150 is not large but still a fair amount. especially for the crappier mobs.

With the Cha II's they're going to hit for close to 1k. 160 less damage wont help you as much as 10 aad and 300 hp
    you allways divide ac by 10? id like to know if my 13k ac is worth anything

Quote Originally Posted by Heresiarch View Post
    you allways divide ac by 10? id like to know if my 13k ac is worth anything
    13k is a LOT, think my 220 had about 14k when I left him, but yeah that much sure makes a difference.

difference between 10k and 13k is not much though so if you can squueze more than 150 AR or damage from sacrificing 3k AC, I'd go for it.

13k is a LOT, think my 220 had about 14k when I left him, but yeah that much sure makes a difference.

difference between 10k and 13k is not much though so if you can squueze more than 150 AR or damage from sacrificing 3k AC, I'd go for it.
    ok so ditch holy mark for ss? but holy mark has lots of debuffs... hmm but ss has dd

Quote Originally Posted by Heresiarch View Post
    ok so ditch holy mark for ss? but holy mark has lots of debuffs... hmm but ss has dd
    ss dont give you AR though just pure damage and a lot of parry/riposte

HM has passive evade buffs but im not sure on how much they buff at 150, it might not be worth it. At 220 though its definitely worth it.

ss dont give you AR
    It gives +20 2he :P
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    It gives +20 2he :P
    not at 150

5 then! Thought Heresiarch was talking about 220 because HM or SS at 150 aren't really good options.
    blah

"sector 10 keeper twinks"

zomg l2r

i wana see more setups ^^

use HM atm, works good for me, though i rearly use any other perks then dmg once

gone swap to blessing now, try it, and see if i can solo boss :P
    hey !!

Quote Originally Posted by amfiet View Post
    i wana see more setups ^^

use HM atm, works good for me, though i rearly use any other perks then dmg once

gone swap to blessing now, try it, and see if i can solo boss :P
    AoR isnt a bad choice at that level either, since you cant get curing touch yet you can only do lay on hands every 40s and the other perk i think you get is devotional armour which is pretty bad at that level.

AoR will give you much more healing over time than Blessing since it heals I think 266 every 7 seconds which is a LOT at 150, stacking with your normal heal aura it will make a lot of difference to your soloing. However you will piss off every nanocasting prof in your team.

AoR isnt a bad choice at that level either, since you cant get curing touch yet you can only do lay on hands every 40s and the other perk i think you get is devotional armour which is pretty bad at that level.

AoR will give you much more healing over time than Blessing since it heals I think 266 every 7 seconds which is a LOT at 150, stacking with your normal heal aura it will make a lot of difference to your soloing. However you will piss off every nanocasting prof in your team.
    Actually they fixed that quite a long time ago. Keepers get Curing Touch at level 150 now.
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast