Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 28th, 2008

wonder if there will be some new weapons coming out . or something to upgrade nippy's :O

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    Why do people on forums always pretend to be some kind of alcoholics, or somesuch, when it's obvious that they are not (well, except crattey ofc)?
    Gammeldansk is an exception....
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

He did just say that he was mostly restoring newbie island didn't he....didn't he......brb i gotta read that again.

Ok i wasn't imagining it, i wasn't adding words in my head...newbie island was what GOT me into AO and always seeing those aliens and knowing i couldn't use the stuff every time i made a new char was what got me to PAY for the game.

Good on yer Means and as for the rest all i can say is GJ.
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

;o No phatz for MPs??

*Cursing*

Coments:
    - N00b Isle phatz come back! I love you!
    - Nice look for new booter patch places. We will get a pre-order?

Questions:
    - Is it anything related with "su****ious" door into Broken Shores's Pyramid?
    - Any revelations about whats happened with Xan's Civilization?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Keeper Fear Immunity Auras?:
    In their own line. You will not have to give something else up to use these. All benefit...no downside.
    There's one minor downside actually. We'll need more NCUs :P
    blah

I would like to humbly request that if any of you are poisoning/voodoo doll/ritual curse etc.. me in your spare time...please stop. I have a great deal to do to get this booster out before the holidays and I have no desire for additional challenge or time-pressure.

<snip>

New Weapons, My Perks, My Weapon choice isn't as good etc:
    <snip>
    ...will get looked into...as will "Craphander". But not before the release of the booster.

Well, if hounding the forums my every waking moment wasn't going to work to get something done for the exceedingly small faction of ranged adventurers and their extremely poor offhand pvp choices, I thought I'd give a hand at voodoo.

Hey, it worked! Now accepting creds in game to work voodoo on other people.

I am a little disappointed that it's going to be after the booster that anything will get looked into though. Not looking foward to being knocked around like a pinata (well, only shades really got the definate NO to it, so maybe advs have hope :P) with no new tools in my arsenal (our artifact better be pretty bad ass!) to combat being a hot potato.

Anyway, once you get to working on offhand replacements for the OH, I sincerely request that you pay attention to the forums, even just for ideas. The adv forum has atleast five years of threads and suggestions you can go through at your leisure.

Or you can call me in. I promise no more explainations of the rock-paper-scissors metaphor. :P
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

Would you stop with that "metaphor" thing already.

@means

BTW, since we are talking about "craphander", does it mean only tl7 will be dealed with, or tl5 users gonna get some "enhanced craphander" love as well?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Would you stop with that "metaphor" thing already.
    When people quit responding to it, I will.
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gothy View Post
    Hey, it worked! Now accepting creds in game to work voodoo on other people.
    Can you work some of that voodoo on Klod now maybe?

To OP, thanks for commenting on (most) of the childish whines (which I too was guilty of).
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anayama View Post
    I guess you also want reqs on ql300 symbiants increased to 1.5k abilities then? Or can you actually articulate why spirits should be **** compared to symbiants?

Especially with symbiants now being "fixed", which I assume means every single symbiant type gets Aimedshot.
    By "s...t" you mean lacking the one-size-fits-all crap that plenty of other profs have to put up with? You want to just cherry pick the best symbs from infantry/support? And shades get higher ability check or can we put 2088 treatment on your spirits? xD

I have no idea what the improvements to symbs are yet, and sure, spirits deserve some kind of upgrade too, but anything that boosts trox shades even more is going to make this game more retarded than it already is, hence huge reqs that they can't achieve (guess what, troxes in damn near every prof can't get several 300 symbs on still either).
    Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    bump
    Nice try on getting only two reqs there xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

nvm, misread

Delete this or something
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Excellent.

But if the current situation concerning OS and omni shadow breed isnt addressed it will be an unfortunate thing.

Anyway: I shall be playing more due to this thank you.

Fear and Knockback for all?:
    Not everyone will benefit directly from the implementation of Fear and Knockback. Not all classes will get these mechanics. Shades will not get knockback or fear...but Shades, for example, will be getting new spirits in the booster.
    Means, do you think you can balance pvp tools with skill improvements ? Do you consider that cc is balanceable with AR/dmg ? I feel they are completly different things and that this must be the reason why every class in WoW has their own CC tools: not like you can counter fear with Full Auto. You know Shades and Soldiers will hate you for leaving them out, don't you ? I don't think the idea of implementing fear/knokback related stuff for only some professions is either good or popular. CC is fun, is about decisions in combat, not just the clash of skills and alpha, and everyone should benefit of it.
    Just ask yourself, with CC becoming more important in AO, would you like to play a class with no CC tools, like Soldiers (which in addition is one of the most vulnerable to debuffs) ? It's as simple as that...

P.S. "Not every class will have fear and knockback...much the same as not every class will get TMS etc."

TMS = heals = evades = absorbs = blockers = health points = ACs (well, in other games) = defense. Not CC.
    Last edited by Marduk; Nov 29th, 2008 at 03:02:36.

Here is a video that will cheer you up Means:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhWZ7bpfQag

"YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!"

Good to know the items at least are being returned to newbie island and intriguing to be able to enter in the ship GJ I hope you guys are thinking about some other sort of arrival/information hall for new players too, and I still think Morning Star/Crash/Newb Island makes sense.

Im sorry you have been feeling more than unusually sick as of late. I must apologize. My dog got ahold of your personalized voodoo doll and had a go at it. (Wont go into all the details but ewwww.) Anyway it has been returned to my desk and your pain should return to a much more managable (though obviously annoying) level. This will unfortunately for you continue until I see proof of advy lubbin by FC. Sorry mate you took the job and with with any great job comes great responsibility..Hope you get to feeling better sooooon bwahaahaaahaaaaa
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Gr8 Job!

Means,

Sounds like you and the team are hard at work! We all hope you feel better soon.

I'm very excited about the Noob Island Update. I think that this will create more paying customers in the future.

What I'm really excited about is some of the Perk solutions you alluded to last week. Please, please, please elaborate. I think that this is a very important topic that all of us are waiting to hear more about.

Well don't look at me. I wore my Voodoo Doll out. Two weeks ago even. Its just... a burnt up pile of fluff. From all the VICIOUS STABBINGS and SETTING IT ON FIRE and KICKING IT AROUND MY BACKYARD and BURYING IT IN WARTORN BATTLEFIELDS FULL OF DEAD BODIES.

Sorry man. I just do what I'm told. And they said they'd give me credits if I played with the doll.

(I may have been responsible for the flu, but the vertigo, that ain't on me.)

And pff at combined spirits.

If you want to lose 2/3rds of your perks that are designed to compensate for the things your spirits lack, hey, fine. You can have combined spirits.

Otherwise, shut yer noise tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post

If you want to lose 2/3rds of your perks that are designed to compensate for the things your spirits lack, hey, fine. You can have combined spirits.

sarcasm alert?

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post

When's the last time you actually logged and pvped with your shade? I'd really like to know because personally I've never seen your shade in-game.
    Imo you should let the thinking about these thing's come from those who actually value and invest in they're shade's from which a greater understanding of the profession is obtained as well as accurate and informed opinion's. I mean honestly...your shade isn't even ai20. If your not going to listen to people with more experiance, it's a good rule of thumb to just remain quite about an issue. Ofc, some people don't care if they're wrong as long as they get what they want. What is it you're actually wanting eqad?
    Last edited by -XeI20-; Nov 29th, 2008 at 07:54:16.
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast