Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dont make nanos BS only

Yes but my fixer will survive for more then 40 seconds so I couldn't care less
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Forecast:

If you put these BS fears and knockbacks into world pvp, the results will be disastrous in the extreme.
    Exactly.

I was looking forward to knockbacks and stuff.. but now when I see how they are gonna actually be implemented (am very disappointed btw), they look as usual OP and will prolly mess pvp up for the worse. So.. I'm also hoping they stay in BS, and then I can just choose not to go in there (I try to stay away from the place anyhow!).

MAYBE later once they've sorted out the bugs and balanced them.. they could bring em into the outside world. 'Till then we're better off without them.
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

In Maxi's defense, I can understand why more pvp'rs could want the nanos to not be locked to BS only.

For me personally, it will kill any sort of fun world pvp ever had. If i spent entire battles on the ground/in the air/stunned/rooted and otherwise just a fat sack of immobile health, it would be truly lame. Enforcer evolution just now managed after X amount of years to finally get past all those issues, and it certainly would ruin the game for me to have to be subjected to that again.

The point is to move forward, not backwards in a sideways angle. Keep em locked to BS for now, yeah, totally agree. The sure fire way to avoid the scenario i've described.. would be to just not cue up.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I suggest they should only be used in SL during PvP
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Yes, I can see it now... Omnis charging into clanner gatherspots during tower wars to spam AoE knockbacks and fears and vice versa. Tower site defense will consist of establishing a perimeter (or running around the site if there are not enough defenders) and spamming these new nanos when the enemy tries to break through. Tara will become totally unpredictable as a considerably smaller force can break the hold of box. Griefing will gain a new dimension - instead of killing off your target, try to hold them in the area as long as you can, preventing them from having fun in the game.

TBH, I'm not much of a PvPer myself, only doing BS for VP (I do try my best to help my side to win of course) and the occasional tower war.
    Last edited by Mikenche; Dec 10th, 2008 at 13:04:00.

I say keep them restricted to BS for now, see how it behaves and how people adapt (or not) to them. That would be the middle term bewteen test server and live server. Then consider lifting the restriction if it seems big scale PvP can handle it.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Kockbacks n fears are the worst idea ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Comi View Post
    Kockbacks n fears are the worst idea ever.
    qft

And they should never be implemented outside BS either
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Keep these nanos only in BS.><

p.s.someone!, kill Maxisolja,ty<3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    p.s.someone!, kill Maxisolja,ty<3
    I just want me dot remover ><
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Some dude down the road
    Got change for a fiver m8?
    I agree

Edit: Damn im hungry..
    Last edited by Shadowsins; Dec 11th, 2008 at 04:42:23. Reason: Hungry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12