Thread: New Doc wpns

New Doc wpns

I am not stealing someone’s idea... Though I have brought it up a few times before in the past but Doctorhyde has a good Idea as well
    WRT this topic: Xan of dusk/dawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    ... I -do- wish that we could change the fist damage type (would be a great addition to a Doc-focused MA weapon) ...
    As with the MA wpn I would think a doc (being a surgeon) would be up close and personal and an expert with "sharp objects" So having a doc MA or Piercing or Sharp Object WPN is part of our DOC toolkit (medical bag... hmm.. traders have a trader bag that looks like a belt, crats have a briefcase...) even if we use today’s standards of Laser cutting, a mini-laser cutter for DOCs would be interesting... and I have to say this but the "hacked medi-blade"? OK COMMON that one screams DOC all over it!!!! FC WAKE UP!!!! and the new upgraded Dawn/Dusk (thnx for lowering the req FC! allows for different opportunities in setups!) is a welcome addition to what we are capable of wearing. Now I understand (partially) how docs could have a Pistol as a DOC only wpn (IRL, medics wear pistols in combat, but to be used in self defense). I would be more scared with a doc using cutting/thrown scalpels then a tool they are only "marginally" familiar with. (Don't get me wrong, I am a pistol DOC because (outside MR) they were easier to equip, alright dmg, I can keep my distance, I found them before shen sticks, and FREE)… but I would like to see some more "DOC" (related to our profession) wpns. As a DOC, there are a few things I like as an RPG player for example, our LE back item… though it is an agg magnet in BS… I wear mine with pride because it is Medi related in the mesh.

I myself have tried calcing forever on how to equip a Medi-blade… someday… in another 4 years maybe… I am not overly concerned about AR, I like the name of it alone AND it heals… Right/left hope/Grace?? Not very DOC like names :/
    OK… my personal rant is off Good call Doctorhyde… Lets go FC lets make some (~new~) profession wpns it can have same dmg as pistols for all I care, but the image is it!

###|||###
    =========
    =========

###|||###
    Last edited by Ittledoc; Mar 21st, 2009 at 10:32:34. Reason: Updated title
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

medi blade has been done, and is doable on opi and soli

RE ( lazer gun of doom ) isnt supported by symbs, head isnt gonna eb given up, eye is possiable, Lhand is easy

piercing ( scalpels ) can do but must give up BM in waiste and alot of other nce stuff ( i posted it all in docs and piercing thread)

the doc looking weapons would be nice, but iam not all into cookie cutter, and the curretn weapons ingame that would be doc-ish are good for us, unless ofc we get a nano to make weapons we hold look like hacksaws or scalpels, or lazer guns, which would be cool , i dont think FC is gonna change off there picked plans for docs atm its

Pistol- buffed most in research, now in our symbs with lots (way to damn much) support ie, burst/MR/fling, and 5 perks, and 10 AI ones

MA - 2nd most buffed by research (30 less then pistol, 25 more then everythign else) supported by all symbs now, with no secondary support ie, brawl MM. and 5 perks as well, and 10 AI ones

shotty - buffed same as RE and HW(75) for research, not support by symbs at all, no secondary support, no perks, 10 AI perks.

3 above are based on IP useage and best doc has

RE- buffed 75 from research, not supported by symbs, kinda supported secondary burst/fling/MM? 8 perks, and 10 AI ones

Bow - no research, support by symbs, secondary support fling?, no perks, 10 AI perks

so your best bet if your asking for new doc modeled weapons would be RE over piercing/sharp object which if kept up with pistol/MA would be a nice 3rd choice for doctors, so aim all for it, less cookie cutter the better

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    medi blade has been done, and is doable on opi and soli
    Yup, I did it on rk2 on my soli doc, was a real pain to put it on. As I stated in the other thread about piercing items, Mediblade is, sadly, severly lacking on damage compared to alot of other weps a doc can put on, even without major sacrifices. I really do wish though that docs can get something else to help support/define/expand our toolbox/wep selection.

Just gonna throw this out there as a really random suggestion (its really late here and im tired as ****), but how about a wep that we can change on r-click to the wep skill of our choice? Make a ranged version and a melee version that can be cycled thru each skill while retaining the same stats and stuff. Would at least be fun and give us more options.

Quote Originally Posted by Captaindoc View Post
    Yup, I did it on rk2 on my soli doc
    I know thats who i thought of , calced it out and my doc could put it on as well w/o towers but to much to give up as i posted in piercing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Captaindoc View Post
    how about a wep that we can change on r-click to the wep skill of our choice? Make a ranged version and a melee version that can be cycled thru each skill while retaining the same stats and stuff. Would at least be fun and give us more options.
    Would be neat, idk how hard it would be to code but base majority of ppl would still use pistol/MA version due to it being easyest to buff ( and new symbs made pistol 200% cookie cutter ) But with some decent mod and lower ( 1800? ) main attack skill to put it on it could be a very nice alternative weapon ( for pvm at least ) and then if you put a doc only special from the AS and docs thread it could be good in pvp as well

Another nice thing to have would be to open Ranger perks and various MA/MP-only gear so that anyone using support symbs could have equal bow buffage. I'll just be happy with a doc-buff-friendly MA weapon at this point though.

OK I will look up the Medi-blade thread for docs (never knew it could be done, when I was calcing it out I was 200is short). Ya Bow is also nice and IP friendly. I am just a bit bummed with the new stuff they are comming out with isn't as "creative" as what FC had in the past. Lock pick of the eight? Hellspinner? Barter armor? These are some things (with great meshes) that are/where cool to have and distinct and prof specific. (most of my toons have a hellspinner on them just to show for social every now and then).

(~ and a plug for Enforcers.... FC FIX 1/2HB!!!! look at the size of the new xan 2he wpn... ~) I stick with 1hb cause it ISN'T common to see a 1HB enf.. let alone a 2HB (besides Dictan) ~)
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Another nice thing to have would be to open Ranger perks and various MA/MP-only gear so that anyone using support symbs could have equal bow buffage. I'll just be happy with a doc-buff-friendly MA weapon at this point though.
    OMG! awesome suggestion! GIMMEH! =D

...yes, I like bows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist