Thread: AOU MOD v.1.1.4

Version 1.2.2 now available
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Exclamation Version 1.2.4 available

Since Scene/Scenenheard (the creator of AOU Mod) is currently unavailable, Silvana (AOU Site Manager) has asked me if I could update AOU Mod to be compatible with game version 18.5.0, so I did (well, at least I think I did ). To make it available as soon as possible, I decided to post it here in advance of the "official" release over at AOU, which hopefully should happen some time later today.

To update your AOU Mod installation, first, go to your AO install dir, where you should see a file named "instructions.txt": look into this file to determine which version of AOU Mod you have currently installed.

If you have the previous version (1.2.3) installed...

Download the 1.2.4 patch package and extract it into your Anarchy Online installation folder: aou_mod_1.2.3_to_1.2.4_patch.zip

After having done this, I'd recommend removing some leftover AOU Mod related files and folders which are no longer needed, although their presence should not cause any issues:

From AO_install_dir\:
    - instructions.txt

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\data\launcher\skins\:
    - bg.bmp
    - btn.ico
    - original.bmp

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\:
    - The entire "fonts" folder located here (and only here, do not try to locate a similar folder anywhere else: if you don't see one here, you have nothing to remove) and all of its contents

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\gui\AOU_CYT\Views\:
    - ShopSearch.xml

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\gui\AOU_Slim_CNI\Views\:
    - ShopSearch.xml

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\gui\AOU_Slim_CNT\Views\:
    - ShopSearch.xml

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\text\tips\:
    - OnEnteringBattleStation.html
    - OnEnteringHQ.html

If you have an older version (1.2.2 or earlier) installed...

First, you will need to delete all potentially outdated or conflicting AOU Mod related files:

From AO_install_dir\:
    - instructions.txt

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\data\launcher\skins\:
    - bg.bmp
    - btn.ico
    - original.bmp

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\:
    - The entire "fonts" folder located here (and only here, do not try to locate a similar folder anywhere else: if you don't see one here, you have nothing to remove) and all of its contents

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\gui\:
    - The entire AOU_CYT folder and all of its contents
    - The entire AOU_Slim_CNI folder and all of its contents
    - The entire AOU_Slim_CNT folder and all of its contents

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\text\tips\:
    - OnEnteringBattleStation.html
    - OnEnteringHQ.html

From AO_install_dir\cd_image\textures\:
    - The entire AOU_CNT folder and all of its contents
    - The entire AOU_CYT folder and all of its contents
    - The entire AOU_Slim_CNI folder and all of its contents
    - The entire AOU_Slim_SNI folder and all of its contents

After having done this, download the complete 1.2.4 package and extract it into your Anarchy Online installation folder: aou_mod_1.2.4.zip

Then, as a makeshift measure, you will also have to download and extract the 1.2.4 patch package into your Anarchy Online installation folder to restore a game default file to its original state: aou_mod_1.2.3_to_1.2.4_patch.zip

These are only temporary download locations, the update should be available on the AOU site soon, after which they will be removed from the location linked here.

Since I'm not monitoring the AOU forums, if you have questions regarding the update, please post them here and I'll try to assist you.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jul 2nd, 2012 at 13:02:28. Reason: Updated download links to point to AOU

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

As stated above, the official 1.2.4 AOU Mod and patch for 1.2.3 are available. You can obtain them through the download section of AOU, or by using the following links. The above links will cease to function once Honorbound has edited them, so please make sure if you are giving the links to anyone, that you use the following.

A big thank you to Honorbound for lending his talents to updating the Mod!

AOU Mod 1.2.4
    AOU Mod 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 Patch

Instructions are included for installation, as well as update instructions included with the patch.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

After 18.5.2 patch
    - Not possible to add items to GMI
    - Game crashes if taking items from mail
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

Until (if) an update is released, you can patch up your AOU mod install by copying both the MailMessageWindow.xml and MarketSendWindow.xml files found in "..\Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\Default\Views" to each of the locations below:

..\Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\AOU_CYT\Views
    ..\Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\AOU_Slim_CNI\Views
    ..\Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\AOU_Slim_CNT\Views

overwriting the existing files there.

IMPORTANT: Double-triple check that you are copying FROM the "Default" folder TO the above three folders and not the other way around, otherwise you'll corrupt the default GUI.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

was a good mod no more updating it?
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

I made an unofficial update that makes it work with AO 18.6, which you can download here:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2804403/aou_mod_1.2.5.zip

It also fixes the problems with elements missing for mail-system etc from 18.5.4.

Instructions for install can be found in text file. The download is at least available until AO-Universe releases their next version.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Quote Originally Posted by Noer View Post
    I made an unofficial update that makes it work with AO 18.6, which you can download here:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2804403/aou_mod_1.2.5.zip

It also fixes the problems with elements missing for mail-system etc from 18.5.4.

Instructions for install can be found in text file. The download is at least available until AO-Universe releases their next version.
    nice i'll try it out and give feedback if you want

Any preview screens of the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard View Post
    To download, please use this link: http://www.ao-universe.com/download....te=tools&id=21

If you would like to look at screenshots of the development of this GUI, please use this link: http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?site=gallery&id=63

Note: You will need to run the script command (in the readme) to change back to AOU
    Link provided in OP doesn't have any screens of the mod.

worked great and felt exactly like home, i used this mod before i left, thats 2 years ago, and it stil looks and works fine. il try and do some screenies when i get home.

Bit of an old post, but I installed Noer's fix 1.2.5, and everything seems to work fine, however no matter what I try /showfile command won't work, I always get this:
    Infoview failed to load and show file:
    without an indication as to what file it was.

I made a stats script here:
    C:\Users\Lexx\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\b405958b\Anarchy Online\scripts
    called "stats"
    and I can do /stats fine
    but /showfile stats doesn't work
    /showfile scripts/stats doesn't work
    /showfile scripts\stats doesn't work

Also, for obvious reasons, all the buttons don't work, I can change to different versions of the skins, but it'll be this:
    Changed variable <GUIName> from <AOU_Slim_CNI> to <AOU_Slim_CNT>

upon figuring out what files it's running it's this:
    /setoption GUIName "AOU_Slim_CNT"
    /showfile Scripts\AOU_mod\HelpFiles\gui_restart_game.html...

So, anyone got a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexx42 View Post
    Bit of an old post, but I installed Noer's fix 1.2.5, and everything seems to work fine, however no matter what I try /showfile command won't work, I always get this:
    without an indication as to what file it was.

I made a stats script here:
    C:\Users\Lexx\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\b405958b\Anarchy Online\scripts
    called "stats"
    and I can do /stats fine
    but /showfile stats doesn't work
    /showfile scripts/stats doesn't work
    /showfile scripts\stats doesn't work

<snip>
    Even older thread now. I'm assuming 18.7 irreparably broke /showfile and AOU mod is dead?

Just making sure. I found it and tried to install it tonight while bored.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Not sure either, post at the AOU forums, they probably can answer that.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I never could get it working again so went back to notuum dovetech which is fine but I liked AOU's better. It'd be nice to have a working one for the Steam Launch.

It should be working again relatively soon. I can't give an exact time frame though.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

<3 ...
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Any way I can help? Total clueless noob but I remember this mod fondly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234