Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defense checks on debuff perks.

Some debuff perksd should have a 100% landing chance, its rather useless that a soldiers evades debuff only works on people with already low evades... and no effect on people with high evades, thats what their there for no?
    -=Sir "Daiken" Beowulff- 220/22/70 Solitus Soldier - RK2 =-
    Proud member of The Pain Dealers Equipment - Classified

I agree that debuffs should be noticeably easier to land than damage perks. 100% chance, I sincerely doubt it a little. Then again many debuff nanos are spammable enough so they can be compared to be nigh 100% landable, but this may change as well.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

At least they shouldn't check the very skill they are supposed to debuff. Sold perks are checking dodge to debuff dodge. Moving it to, I dunno, duck or nano resist or sense or swimming might help.

100% land isn't a good idea. Because you will know that going against this prof will net you a -800 init or something and you can't avoid it, only handle it.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Even the Soldier evade debuffing perks with 0% checks seem reasonable to me.
    For once, I actually think something soldier related that you're suggesting would be over the top. We don't expect to be able to land them on a fixer with Evasive Stance up, or a Crat during CiB, or shades or MAs through 1k def perks.

We do want to be able to land them on advies at all times, because coon, BR, BoL, Slobber wounds, and Awakening are enough trouble to OD.

We also want to be able to land them on MAs in DoF downtime, which currently isn't possible if you're talking endgame vs endgame.

Being able to land them through 1k def perks would be pretty unbalanced. Even a 50% check would be a bit far though. Something more like 75% to 95% and we're good. MAs, shades, crats, and fixers would still dodge everything in a duel situation for the duration of a soldier's AMS, but in mass PvP, we'd like our debuffs to be more effective.

Well it depends. Solds can debuff dodge by 700, if they could land that on everybody it'd be a bit much. One of our debuffs only has a 75% defence check, but it checks it against FA, not AR.

A lower check would be nice, like 90% or so, but 0% is definitely too low ;P
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

I'm all for all debuff perks having lower check then "regular" perks, but attack speed on such perks should increase significantly (4-5 sec) and duration should be very short.

Lower Check: Yes.

Always Land Check: No.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    I'm all for all debuff perks having lower check then "regular" perks, but attack speed on such perks should increase significantly (4-5 sec) and duration should be very short.
    Atm the soldier debuff perks take about 10 seconds to all land, and their duration is not much more than that :P

It will be a bit better with the perk changes, it will take 6 seconds to land them and their duration is still tiny.

But we still need slightly lower checks on them, and most people seem to agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    But we still need slightly lower checks on them, and most people seem to agree on that.
    Mind you, this thread wasn't strictly about the debuffs that soldiers use. At least that's my impression.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12