Thread: Perks, Research, Procs, Specials, and Other Stuff.

Perks, Research, Procs, Specials, and Other Stuff.

Is the whole enchilada being looked at, or just perks (for now?)

If we are getting perks overhauled in the grand scheme of things, then i guess on a long enough timeline, we could also make some sweeping changes where other stuff is involved as well.

For instance, Engi procs are a joke. End of story.
    Enforcer research/perks could use some Piercing and Melee Energy love.
    MA special swapping, is this the beginning of the end?
    Ofab gear with procs are kinda lame.

Just some examples. Anyone know if were getting other stuff looked at in terms of balancing the bigger picture?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

MP procs as well need to be looked over. The 12% nanocost proc is pretty useless, by the time I can use it, I usually have breedcapped nanocost. The init/damage debuff procs are also pretty weak, based entirely off of our RK debuffs which aren't terribly hot to begin with. Basing our debuff procs off of our SL damage debuff line would be tons better.

I'd written a bunch about this in one of the MP threads, probably one linked to in my sig. LE procs for MPs aren't too hot aside from the NSD proc (iffy) and the evade procs, and still too dependent on hitting something, which for an MP is going to be pretty ridiculous in pvp, since non-creation MPs just don't have that hot of an AR.

Yeah agreed on MP procs. TBH, I think MP's would have been served better with that +200% Nanaodamage proc that crats got. Typically speaking, the only procs I tap on my MP are the evade ones, followed second by the DD ones.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 18th, 2009 at 19:04:10.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

the enf absorb procs is more or less useless since they cancle biocoon ..
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Im not a fan of the proc system at all, the shade proc programs and such where fine, but the profession reasearch ones are just far far too unpredictable and in most cases completely useless.

but not much can be done to them to prevent this...

I'd also like to see a total rework of Shadowbreeds as well. I have most of my experience with clan Shadowbreeds, and found them to be somewhat OP in certain situations.

For instance, lots of people complain about the omni version of OS+SB. I mean, yeah it does kinda suck, but ultimately, even a small amount of this combination can get ugly with enough application of the same tactic.

Same thing with clan trox SB. If you chain them, you can be blocking specials for whole minutes if you get enough trox SB's timed.

Opi Shadowbreed is the ultimate in fail technology.

Solitus seems the tamest out of all of them. I can see this being the most versatile, but if the others are altered to some degree, than this one might be forced into alignment as well.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I'd also like to see a total rework of Shadowbreeds as well. I have most of my experience with clan Shadowbreeds, and found them to be somewhat OP in certain situations.

For instance, lots of people complain about the omni version of OS+SB. I mean, yeah it does kinda suck, but ultimately, even a small amount of this combination can get ugly with enough application of the same tactic.

Same thing with clan trox SB. If you chain them, you can be blocking specials for whole minutes if you get enough trox SB's timed.

Opi Shadowbreed is the ultimate in fail technology.

Solitus seems the tamest out of all of them. I can see this being the most versatile, but if the others are altered to some degree, than this one might be forced into alignment as well.
    And nanomage is for some professions utter *cowers before Venachar* .... not very good.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind all the procs disappearing, and replaced by more bits of research. Or maybe changing procs to become perk actions instead. But procs, as they are now, are annoying to use.

One can hope that the least Means will do is kick someone to create Proc descriptions for Ingame.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

retweak the proc lines and make them run permenatly (choose 2 to put in a research window selection and can swap em out there)

SB's again, something im not a fan off, the lock out is silly and the effects range from useless to overpowered...

A rethink and fine tuning of these things would help plenty

the thing i find most anoying with procs is to remember to click them again after zoneing or dying in BS
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Running permanently would lead to perma-rooting from professions that have that as part of their toolset in procs. If you thought chain-stunning was bad, this would be even worse.

Rethinking the lot is a must though.