Thread: froob weapon problem

Unhappy froob weapon problem

hey, got a 127 lvl froob atrox soldier toon and one thing that iritates me its the weapon (bbi gyro top gun). in my opinion it has too weak dmg (especially min dmg) and slow specials recharge. cant wait till hellspinner or hellfury so could you tell me guys what weapon (can be some other than assault rifle) would be best and most fun for 127 lvl froob atrox soldier?

thx for help - Pabiel
    Last edited by pabjel3; Nov 7th, 2009 at 15:58:40.

Blackbird smg has nice dmg and superfast burst.. For full auto you can either swap to some assault rifle or use a BigBurger fa pistol in offhand. Two blackbird would probably do more damage then this, but its a fun option. Another option is actually Div9, pretty fast burst and can swap to full auto.
    Nova Flow and Nophex has burst and fling but slower burst then Div9, they also have pretty high crits.

Best option for an assault rifle with fa are the sided turn spirit weapons, Spastic for omni and Cooperator for clan.

I would probably try to max out smg skill and use a blackbird for normal hits, swap to turn spirit weapon for fa, or just use either turn spirit weapon or dual blackbirds.

Nophex Plasma Destroyer is a nice gun for level 100+, but if you want to stay AR your best (although quite rare) option is Inner Circle Strategic Flamer, preferably ql190+.

Blackbirds work too, but then you'll be asked for GSF and Fgrid a lot. =P
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

The ones the guys above me listed are probably better options, but let's see about a non-cookiecutter option:

Did any fr00b soldier ever go for a BigBurger offhand in an add damage setup, the mainhand being SOL K-91 Gold Monster, SOL K-94 Crimson Monster, or Superior IMI Tellus TT?

On my 150 paid engineer - no AI armor - the FA is down to ~40s recharge so your FA buffs would make up for my higher level and paidness. And usually the mobs I'm fighting have higher AC than what a fr00b would be shooting. Still on aliens you can count on ~6-8k FA's, 12k+ if you crit every bullet.

That sort of setup would require full agg though, so it'd be worthless for PvP and you're going to rely on TMS to tank completely (IE no really working evades) but I'm not sure if fr00b soldiers use evade setups anyway.

Keep in mind also BigBurger Burst recharge is insanely easy to hardcap at 9s, dunno how that is for the SOL or Tellus.

Some fr00b-usable add damage shizle - I'll even list the really expensive stuff though - would include (Hacked) Light Omni-Tek Artillery Tank Armor, Robust Backpack, Living Dragonflesh Body Armor, Might of the Revenant, Barrow Strength, Ring of Power - Projectiles, Bloodshed Armband, Rockcrusher Gauntlets, Metallic Mantis, full but clogged up list here.
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Nov 7th, 2009 at 20:44:56.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Well done Lup

The IMT Tellus is a very groovy weapon, especially since it fires arrows (haha) though the best froob soldier DD combination is Blinded Blackbird + Revolving Cold Laser. I ODed a few perennium soldiers with that in AI raids when I finally upgraded my froob account.

The Nophex is cool, and easier to get on at 127 then a BBB/RCL. Two BBBs are still great DD. Also, there's a nodrop weapon you can get from chests in missions called the Inner Circle Strategic Flamer which is a nice Burst/FA gun if you really want to keep using FA.

On the whole though, froob soldiers face a harder time surviving than other froob profs, and the damage solds can do from froob guns is pretty low.

Nophex in a crit setup all the way!

But yea RCL and BBB seems like a good option too...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

oww bbb and rcl sounds great and hard to do but i think ill try it, thx a lot

Not meaning to ruin the day but isn't Revolving Cold Laser that weapon which no longer drops (or very rarely)? The one that you also use to make the QL300 Cold turret?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

I've heard from someone who probably wouldn't be mistaken that they still drop occassionally but since I already have 2 I never looked into it. They should be cheap on the GMs though.

As a froob tl4 or 5 I think I had to implant Psychic to get more RE trickle for my RCL/BBB combo. That was before I knew much about twinking though.

The IP was tight back then, but it might just have been because I'd raised alot of evades at tl4.

you could try to get a cooperator rifle

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=214219&ql=200

i haven't checked the recharges etc on it, but just an option perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    [...]BigBurger fa pistol[...]
    Just no. BigBurger works with massive damage adds, but that requires expensive equipment, and even then there is no guarantee you will hit with all bullets. A Nophex/Nova Flow IV crit is more likely to yield useful results than this pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech
    Best option for an assault rifle with fa are the sided turn spirit weapons, Spastic for omni and Cooperator for clan.
    At mid-TL4 it's a bit difficult with FA guns for froob soldiers; the TS guns have nice specials, but their overall performance is mediocre at best (due to their high attack times). Good for short running fights (i.e. team missions).

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    the best froob soldier DD combination is Blinded Blackbird + Revolving Cold Laser
    Ranged Energy (as well as Melee Energy) is a nightmare, because it conflicts with the shiny nanoskill cluster in the head implant. This means either attack rating or nanoskill sacrifices, besides the fact you have different attack skills and different damage types (Cold can't be implanted, btw.). It's ok for leveling, although I doubt you can get a RCL on at mid TL4.

... and as said in another thread, there is much info to find at the AOFroobs forum, i.e. this thread may give a few hints (but is aimed solely at assault rifles; there are many more threads about weapons related info).