Thread: Old School PVP Day, read =]

Old School PVP Day, read =]

Well, ive been playing for a little over a year now (thats sad) and ive seen this game take many forms. One of the biggest groups has been the change in PvP, i remember the old 2h0 battles, with no damage cap, no half damage, everyone had crits, and no grav period. That was so much for fun than today, sure it was unbalancing as hell, and if your CPU was bad, then you couldnt survive, but it was FUN.

I remember sitting next to solrael, while he was hunting at medusas, he got a private message from i think Gorephreak, saying that Destrux and Snarf, were out to get some omnis, fear ran through solraels heart. So after about 5 mins, his anxiety died down, and he was one kill away from his lvl, he was chatting a bit with destrux, and then all chat stopped, sols team kept on a shootin at some medusa, and then all of a sudden, he was full autoed for 10k. It was one of my best memories from back then.

alright, alright, enough about my memories, lets get down to what i want =P. I am asking for one day, only one day, where all of the old PvP rules are brough back to life, + i think a few additions could make this even more of a fun time.

-No damage cap
    -NTs have unlimited range
    -no 1/2 damage
    -No grace period
    -all zones are 25%
    -UVC for everyone
    -GM participation (GMs could help lead a group of rebel clans throughout omni-ent, and another GM could help build an Omni Defense and it would be very large scale urban warfare.
    -no res shock/loss of items (noone likes that)
    -special 1 day only titles
    -make it fun =]

cmon guys, i know all of you old schoolers remember this kind of PvP, all we need, is the community, and funcom, and weve got a day of fun built for us.

bump for memories!
    bump for fun!

feel free to add/remove items from this list, without opinions, wed all do the same thing!

I'm going to hope no one bumps this. You may as well call it "all docs die now day".

Hell yes, give me my range back! You going to give us full effect on electryfing containment too? 80M stun/nuke. I can feel Novice already.

mmmmm aimed shot some dude for 8k. laugh. turn around. get alpha'd by some soldier for 3k.3k.3k. reclaim! doh. Hey your list forgot about them soldiers reflects actually reflecting 75%. Oh and to go along with UVC, rrf too.

Architictual Design and Drawing Bump ^

I think you forgot about having the old bracer-rules in effect as well.

Now Soldiers can have up to 117% reflect (75% TMS + 2*21% bracers). Can you say 'uber'?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

cmon, i really want this!

im gonna be a bumpin every day =]

Originally posted by Kzak
    I think you forgot about having the old bracer-rules in effect as well.

Now Soldiers can have up to 117% reflect (75% TMS + 2*21% bracers). Can you say 'uber'?
    bracers be nerfed.... remember?
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

OldSkool zone

hehe Put the 100% dmg , massive agent range etc etc in a

"You are now entering : Oldskool gas :E "

Talking

Lol dude that would be a riot! I remeber playing treetag with a Sol pre 1/2 damage patch. It was a riot! He would get a shot off and I would duck behind a tree while my bot ripped im a new bunghole :P For some odd reason he thought jumping around would save him?

Ooh damn Piercingevil got hit with the ugly tree....
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

I'm gonna bump this just for the memories.
    -Deepeyes6

the memories are all thats left for me