Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TL7's attacking TL5's

TL7's attacking TL5's

FC: fix this.

FIX IT SOON.

not soon(trademark)

SOON, as in, asap. Things are beyond incredulous when people the equivalent of

200-165+7*5=70 levels higher than you are able to just roll up and gank the hell out of 2/3's of a force without even feeling threatened.

WAKE UP!

Couple of problems with adjusting level ranges is that it also screws up what players can attack in regards to towers as well, especially since towers go way beyond the level 220 maximum that players can achieve. So you either have to make it so that the range stays intact for towers but shrink the range for players, or you change the entire tower mechanic in one grand sweep.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

The real issue started when someone figured a GREAT way to make SL expansion players a lot stronger than froobs, would be to pack 5 levels into 1 Shadow level.

Of course, without getting technical, it obviously threw every single LINEARLY scaling factor to the dogs.

As soon as level 220 is actually regarded as level 300, we'll all be square (as it should have been when SL was released), OR, make the IP rewarded for each SL ding the same as the previous 200 levels, and adjust symb reqs for it.

Armour reqs don't need to be adjusted because TL5's can already supertwink on 300 armour anyway, which means TL6 and Tl7 can also.

Saetos: If every SL ding was calculated as 5 normal dings, everything would work as it did before, except the ability for a 202-219 to go around gankhappy TL5's wouldn't be there.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Aug 25th, 2011 at 04:20:09.

You're too many years late with this to be considered...

Just make people who are in range of the field only able to fight/buff in it. Or just fix the damn lvl ranges already.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

deal with it, people has done real work to make those twinks, only reason they have made them is that they have been once killed by those TL7s. make one yourself. problem status: Solved
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Weird to see a member of the clan side suggesting this. I think that if they did fix this you would see ALOT more people invovled in tl5 towers but then again how could they fix it without completely nerfing certain lvl ranges ? I have seen a few suggestions one of them being the 1 Title level up 1 Title lvl down for pvp but then all tl5 twinks would be lvl 189. Best solution not play your high tl5 twinks. 150-164= safe tower pvp level.

Except the problem really isn't levels, it's gear.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

My suggestion is simple, only ppl in lvlrange of the towerspot can attack the tower and each other.
    For example we take a 120-180 towerside. U are 181? Ur fault, lean back and watch the show.
    Would be more interesting to see 126 vs 150 vs 165/170 just depending on ql of towers.
    Good old days!

Would be a nice comeback for tl5 pvp without 213 teamed with 220 gankin 170s ...

/edit: Oh, I am too late. Deathsrow said it already

It's simply too late now so save your energy.

Also changing the level ranges to "fix" tl5 pvp would be a violation of the rule wedon'tdoanythingthatisreasonableifit'salreadybeen suggestedbytheplayerbase.

So we're just SOL in this case. No proper tl5 battles for several years now. Who cares? Noone that can change things.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Couple of problems with adjusting level ranges is that it also screws up what players can attack in regards to towers as well, especially since towers go way beyond the level 220 maximum that players can achieve. So you either have to make it so that the range stays intact for towers but shrink the range for players, or you change the entire tower mechanic in one grand sweep.
    The pvp range is 80-120% above and below your level... which helps low level pvp work (1-200) but has no business in effect 201+.

Needs an overall change to 20 level difference, not 20%, with 241+ towers treated as NPC's and able to be attacked by anybody. Problem solved.

Knowing what FC are like with coding though, nothing will be quite that simple.
    Last edited by Whitey; Aug 11th, 2011 at 16:55:12.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

this was far less of an issue before BS was brought into the game... people choose to level beyond 165 on their own accord.

The initial blame for for TL5 wars falls on the players. It has only gotten progressively worse with the BS changes.

making any form of adjustment to the current level based system will not fix anything people will just make/adjust their twinks levels accordingly.

@Noobius we had a few "real" battles back when SM was still active and there was a few bases in US time-zones. Granted clan lost 75% of them but, they were real battles just on a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixietrox View Post
    th
    making any form of adjustment to the current level based system will not fix anything people will just make/adjust their twinks levels accordingly..
    You're dead wrong.

EITHER:

if each SL ding is counted as 5 for level range calcs, it will be BEST.

if a 1 TL gap is instituted so you can not attack more than 1 TL away, it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixietrox View Post
    this was far less of an issue before BS was brought into the game... people choose to level beyond 165 on their own accord.

The initial blame for for TL5 wars falls on the players. It has only gotten progressively worse with the BS changes.
    Just when I thought everyone was under the impression that they were never at fault for their actions, you have restored my hope in humanity. Thank you.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

The only things that need urgent changes

MR
    Ranged Adventurers

This problem is easily solved by levelling.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

... more like choosing the right level.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ... more like choosing the right level.
    Okay..So I have my new 150 ready soon. What towers do I attack?

Oh yeah there are no omni towers and haven't been more than a few over the last two years.

So what do I do? Is it my fault that tl5 pvp sucks royal donkeyballs with the current range so much that noone does it anymore?

@Fixietrox Have you had a tl5 char over the last 3 years that you did tl5 nw on?

how to fix AO and AO pvp:

1- move to Canada

2- teach the devs how to play AO

3- teach the devs how to pvp

4- buy a small recording apparatus ( cell phone shoudl be ok too )

5- press record to be part of the historical "OMG, WTF DID WE DO TO THIS GAME!?" moment.

6- go home, have a beer, you're a hero now.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    @Fixietrox Have you had a tl5 char over the last 3 years that you did tl5 nw on?
    yes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast