Thread: A Breed Opinion

A Breed Opinion

I had originally written this up as a reply to someone, but I thought it was good enough to post on its own.

My interpretation of breed types.

Atrox has lumbering patchy genetic engineering movement, an obvious breed of lower mental capacity and lower motor function due to the biological tinkering it has interfered with cerebral development, though much like terminators, their offensive capabilities are their selling point, higher targeting more effective damage dealt.

Opifex has enhanced biological strength from a living in a harsher environment then anyone else. Opifex have slightly enhanced body types better stamina then Solitus because the planetoid that the Opifex was likely developed on was a high gravity one. Which means their joints move less, but their strength is significantly enhanced. The only preferred body type the planet would support is small and short frames. Killing power almost on par with Atrox, however much less life and easier time equipping heavier gear/ weaponry.

Solitus have grown up on a standard planetoid resembling earth, are capable of carrying heavier weapons, but perform as effective with slightly higher average agility and average strength ( they are after all the human resembling breed) due to the weaker gravity then that of an Opifex planet the muscular structures aren't as developed as opifex, also they are much weaker then the biologically engineered Atrox. Which means they are the highest agility to achieve an endurance sprint.

Nanomage, a race that naturally is the lowest on both the endurance and stamina chart, a race with no desire for physical prowess, only the desire for pure knowledge and technology, it is naturally unable to equip heavy weapons, however enhanced nanites enable a comfortable offensive capability to the center of Atrox and Opifex, highest nano based defensive capabilities. However the lowest hp of all the breeds, and if defenses are countered the most easily destroyed.

i can see the whole RP-esk post this is, and i suppose for the most part your right, but the opi is wrong here, its actually quite simple to catagorise the breed intentions

Atrox big strong but stupid

opifex fast agile speedy but not very strong/large amounts of staying power when hit

nanomage frail, slow-slowish, but very high intelligence and such

solitus is just an all round average breed equal in all areas.

all the other stuff you have put here is pretty much just your interpritation (which is wat u wrote). But its just that, your interpritation, it isnt based on fact of the game. the breeds are what they are, and its very easy to see by looking in your skills/IP upping window under abilities.

also killing power of the toon shouldnt be determined by the breed but by the profession. you should not be able to be an unstoppable killing machine just because you go atrox
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    i can see the whole RP-esk post this is, and i suppose for the most part your right, but the opi is wrong here, its actually quite simple to catagorise the breed intentions

Atrox big strong but stupid

opifex fast agile speedy but not very strong/large amounts of staying power when hit

nanomage frail, slow-slowish, but very high intelligence and such

solitus is just an all round average breed equal in all areas.

all the other stuff you have put here is pretty much just your interpritation (which is wat u wrote). But its just that, your interpritation, it isnt based on fact of the game. the breeds are what they are, and its very easy to see by looking in your skills/IP upping window under abilities.

also killing power of the toon shouldnt be determined by the breed but by the profession. you should not be able to be an unstoppable killing machine just because you go atrox

Your reference to Opifex seems to be mirrored strictly off the numbers of the current breed stats, rather then the real physical body dimensions. Which it is fine if the characters existed in real life, and they had absolute figures behind them, but of course they are just a series of polygons for our amusement, though if you do pay attention to information on development of biological species on other planets and in extreme conditions, you might have come to the same conclusion I did. Also I made no mention of anything being indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    Your reference to Opifex seems to be mirrored strictly off the numbers of the current breed stats, rather then the real physical body dimensions. Which it is fine if the characters existed in real life, and they had absolute figures behind them, but of course they are just a series of polygons for our amusement, though if you do pay attention to information on development of biological species on other planets and in extreme conditions, you might have come to the same conclusion I did. Also I made no mention of anything being indestructible.
    yes....thats all well and good, but this is a game, and you dont need to look at the bodies of the toons to know where their strengths and weaknesses are, or need to study development of boiological species, u can press U and its in the first stat window. opifex has high agil and sense, and intel/psychic/str/stam are blue, be it dark to still fairly dark.

its also in the description of the breed.

its quite easy to understand really, 4 breeds
    1 has high str/stam (atrox)
    1 has high agil/sense (opifex)
    1 has high intel/psychic (nanomage)
    1 has an equal amount of all (solitus).

Its not hard to understand

This is actually quite the opposite to what you see in forums, normally its "you have no information to back up your claims and you just pullingg stuff out of your head and not basing it in the real game". this thread is "You have the game stats and thats backed up, but its wrong because i've studied biological development on other planets and this is how it should be".

lol...
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841

so...we need a Nanotrox.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    so...we need a Nanotrox.
    lol, we need a new step in the character creation progress, which 2 breeds do you want to get it on to make which crossbreed.

nanotrox
    sopi
    solimage
    troxifex
    etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure what he meant was that the 4 breeds are representations of the archetypes of RPGs.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Not to mention non of the breeds bar possibly solitus (though I dont have any information on them really) evolved while living in different environments, they where genetically engineered by Omni-tek for certain reasons, atrox being the only one developed as a tool.

First was the atrox, was engineered to be a tool in mining, given low intelligence due to the fact that they are just their to dig and not given the ability to reproduce as they are tools. High strength and stamina to make them more efficient in the mines and of course the sheer muscle density reduces their agility.

Then opifex was made, highly adaptable breed that lacks muscle density, can reproduce and is suited for espionage and scouting due to their small stature and high agility, designed to be an overall improvement over homo solitus and more suited to living on rubi-ka.

and finally nanomage was made, another attempt at overall improvement over the solitus genome, given greater intelligence at the expense of vitality and muscle its infused with notum as an enhancement, and because of this they can only survive on rubi-ka unless wearing their survival suits.

Solitus is the basic human genome that was around before they landed on rubi-ka, the rest of the breeds as stated above are attempts to improve aspects of that genome or develop living tools from it.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Dec 6th, 2009 at 14:09:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    so...we need a Nanotrox.
    Nanotrox Solper. What else would you ever need?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...