Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 4th, 2009 - Who is not at the company party? ME!

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    i wanna know what the avg char population is on each server during the course of 24hours.

if whats on rk2 is considered healthy i shutter to think what unhealthy looks like.
    would be enough for me to just get a number what the highest population is, and lowest. on lets say a wednesday. and at what time these were taken.. i wanna know how healthy Rk2 is.. oh.. and remove atleast 2 toons... since thats me tripple logged...
    For the funz....

WOOOT!!!

12 day of christmas safari!!!

thank you thank you!

I loved that so much! now i can't wait!
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Any alterations in your nano toolsets will be improvements over their current state. Pets will be more powerful.

I wish I had been there long enough to truly deserve a good hangover. I'm old and tired now...it doesn't take much anymore :P
    That's the sorta vague answer that will wind up with expectations of pets roughly as powerful as Anansi's Left or Right (perhaps both) Hands, especially since I've suggested it a while ago for the low low casting req of 2.6-2.8k TS/MC.

Wait and see it is then!

Rk2 Should have been the default server for new accounts as of last week. If it isn't I'll have to look into that.
    Guess I'm the only one who actually noticed it had changed. If you select the Dimension RK2 appears at the top of the list again, which seems to indicate it's the default, at least it was there when I started playing ,then RK1 was at the top of the list when RK1 was default, and now RK2 is back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Metaing hates me and wont talk to me! Much <3 for Gene and Linde though, and I guess macro can have some PANTS.
    I don't think Metaing ever really talks to anyone, don't take it personally, Genele and Lindelu are great though and Macrosun is fun!

Don't see enough of Kintaii or Means or Mstrbstrd there though :/
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I don't think Metaing ever really talks to anyone, don't take it personally, Genele and Lindelu are great though and Macrosun is fun!

Don't see enough of Kintaii or Means or Mstrbstrd there though :/
    Metaing is the strong, silent type. I usually hop on when there's a major patch incoming, but I'm often so busy doing other stuff that it's rare I get to hang. XD Hopefully I'll get to spend more time with the TL crew in the coming months with all the stuff we've got incoming.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by valaris View Post
    put month of work in every single one of those characters.
    I lolled
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Really digging all the changes going on in AO. This past year, so many great things have made it into game. Going on 4 years now that I've been playing AO, and I feel the most enthusiastic about the game now than in previous years. Thumbs up to the whole crew working on AO, all of you are making so much progress.

The engine I am looking forward to, but not too stressed about it, could be another year or so for all I care (the game still rocks). What I am greatly interested is the rebalancing going on currently. WTB more info/details please! Especially with proposed ideas to nano changes.

A few things I would love to see make it into game...

*Morph visual effects / Ruse of Taren / Challenger, and procs size change as an option to be disabled by the user.
    *The ability for pet professions to throw thier pets into stasis with buffs intact. (Game feature Everquest has)
    *Extend the duration of buffs universally to all professions, 5-10-30-40min durations ftl, especially on pets.
    *Ability for Tradeskillers to select the QL of the item they are building if they have sufficient skill, not asking for all items to work like this, but for instance things like Spirit infused yutto ncu's and the like where you have to remove all +tradeskill items /terminate multiple times to craft things so you don't bump the QL too high.
    *Better tools for melee professions to remove roots/snares. This is a pet peave of mine. It's not a fun situation to be in. Where a simple recast can undo your several applications of using free movement stims. Would love to see all roots / snares have a lockout timer similar to the new pvp fears, so you can't be completely locked down indefinately by just someone spamming snares / roots.

Thats all pretty much, thanks again Means, and all the Devs for all the great work you all are doing. Have a great weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Iiiiriicheee View Post
    I lolled
    I think he meant "months" not 1 month. Could be just me seeing it differently.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

What about the Germans who rerolled on RK2?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    doesnt look like they get anything :P but hey. our population is healthy!
    For the funz....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    Really digging all the changes going on in AO. This past year, so many great things have made it into game. Going on 4 years now that I've been playing AO, and I feel the most enthusiastic about the game now than in previous years. Thumbs up to the whole crew working on AO, all of you are making so much progress.

With all the doom-sayers and people who want their prof to be "the best" and others to be nerfed beyond all means (not saying some shouldnt be nerfed, but damn, gotta give some stuff up first before you consider others. or at least make it a 50/50 chance that youll win/lose, that its skill not just who has the better prof or w/e :P), I am for one glad that FC is trying as hard as they are to fix AO.

So far so good guys, keep it up

Oh, and about you feeling as enthusiastic now about AO as you ever were. Same here

sadly we get nothing it seems. i rerolled first on rk2 in february coz some rk3 people went there, later i rolled new toons on rk1 coz there was project transfer. i like this org, but its clan, im omni on rk3 with a few old unequipped clan toons too. best would be a merge between rk3 and rk2 or a free transfer (which wouldnt result in problems with character slots or in side conflicts. i could play omni on rk2 and clan on rk1). the new community in project transfer wouldnt be destroyed. but now i think project transfer will break and i cant play my rk2 omni toons with my old omni toons together. so the worst case i could imagine will happen.
    Game Over!

RK1 and RK2 have very healthy populations...
    If it wasn't for 30 free days making 80% of the newcomers (or oldcomers whatever) Clans, I would agree there. Sadly, yet again, the worse has happenned, I just hope there will be something done accordingly this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

1st
    Perkitup 220/30 Atrox Shade Drperki 220/30 Solitus Doctor Lovvesold 220/30 Solitus Soldier X Men
    Geddy
    220/29 Solitus Bureaucrat Phrygian 220/? Atrox Enforcer Aeolian 220/? Opifex Fixer
    Thelord666 220/? Solitus Adventurer Kellen 218/? Opifex Martial Artist

1/0st
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

its about

rk2 : rk1
    1 : 10

and most of the ppl who went to rk2 got at least 1 220 at rk1, too.
    (and yes, I have tl7 chars on every server)

RK1 is a good decision, I like it.

well.. as Rk3 goes to Rk1. along with all those who has left the game. and will prolly come back when engine hits? id say Rk1 will get alot more people then RK2. And id say if i were to move from DNW. i would wanna choose what server to join.
    For the funz....

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    since you are moving DNWs pop to RK1, can we of the rapidly depopulating RK2 get a free option to also transfer to RK1 to find a larger community to play with?
    Seriously!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I hate to move as RK2 has been my preferred server since,well, forever; but it's about time I guess. Since it's apparent the RK2 pop is fine for the devs, let them play on it.

An actual transfer would have been nice, but I guess starting out fresh isn't so bad. RK1, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    I hate to move as RK2 has been my preferred server since,well, forever; but it's about time I guess. Since it's apparent the RK2 pop is fine for the devs, let them play on it.

An actual transfer would have been nice, but I guess starting out fresh isn't so bad. RK1, here I come.
    We welcome any players to rk1, I would say we need more people, but judging from the posts i've read today...

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast