Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mongo Rage Solution?

nobody whining here random.

but, people are talking.

Still wouldn't mind seeing some balance on the MR issue. a bit extra AAO on the perk 5 would help even out the line.

I think MR is great. I just don't like that 99.999% of the power of atrox primary is tied up in the single perk at the end.

I'd like to see the power in the perk line spread out to like:

Perk 1: 20%
    Perk 2: 30%
    Perk 3: 50% (if 10 perks spent)

Or, if less than 10 perks spent:

Perk 1: 30%
    Perk 2: 70%

Currently, there is so little benefit in atrox primary, theres no real reason to perk it prior to 207. which is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    nobody whining here random.

but, people are talking.

Still wouldn't mind seeing some balance on the MR issue. a bit extra AAO on the perk 5 would help even out the line.

I think MR is great. I just don't like that 99.999% of the power of atrox primary is tied up in the single perk at the end.

I'd like to see the power in the perk line spread out to like:

Perk 1: 20%
    Perk 2: 30%
    Perk 3: 50% (if 10 perks spent)

Or, if less than 10 perks spent:

Perk 1: 30%
    Perk 2: 70%

Currently, there is so little benefit in atrox primary, theres no real reason to perk it prior to 207. which is lame.
    This'd unbalance things even more at tl5, I can just imagine how overpowered agents/enfs/solds etc will become.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    This'd unbalance things even more at tl5, I can just imagine how overpowered agents/enfs/solds etc will become.
    agents are getting nerfed with AS, and possibly CS.

it won't affect enfs, since they've already got enough AR to hit everything

solds would get a small boost: if a sold can already hit everyone, how would this OP them?

Don't forget, you need some SERIOUS AI levels to get a working mini mongo rage at TL5, and, if someone goes to the trouble of AI 24, having a 10 second perk with some more AR isn't going to throw it totally out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    agents are getting nerfed with AS, and possibly CS.

it won't affect enfs, since they've already got enough AR to hit everything

solds would get a small boost: if a sold can already hit everyone, how would this OP them?

Don't forget, you need some SERIOUS AI levels to get a working mini mongo rage at TL5, and, if someone goes to the trouble of AI 24, having a 10 second perk with some more AR isn't going to throw it totally out of whack.
    lol what the hell, ok firstly, hitting someone != perking them. I think enfs can't perk evaders apart from AI perks.

What kind of dumb argument is: Because its hard to obtain lets make it destroy any evade profs in the process?

Think things through before posting, seriously...

You just want some nonsense for your tl5 keeper and don't care who it nerfs. Look, ask for keeper specific changes, not for a nerf to all evade profs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    It's not meant to solve problems, but open up the possibility for everyone. Equality. Ya dig?
    Thats the problem, we do not want equality with the breeds. Despite what people think the breeds themselves have to offer unique advantages to every player and profession combo. Atrox is the non-caster offensive players advantage, and it does not mean a guaranteed win ever, it only boosts a single area of several professions abilities. Just like the other breeds are beginning to be changed, they will all boost a particular area of a players abilities and nothing more.

What makes an offensive tool Overpowered is not when it boosts a players toolset, but completely bypasses another players.

Shadowbreeds that root players for extended periods of time.
    Specials that bypass evades, destroy absorbs, often ignore reflects and still can cap on a players health.
    Stun procs ignored any resistance and lasted for far too long.

For Mongo Rage to be overpowered it would have to both guarantee all perks always landed, and would have to guarantee that the opponent could not react to the perks. Instead it only provides an opportunity and not a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Ange btw is also built for duels (unless he changed something recently) that is: No NR1, No spacial displacement etc etc... so while he would be great in duels in mass pvp/BS that's something else...
    Feel free to check my solo score anytime.
    Setups are easy to switch, so are perk lines, and SD/NR1 aren't really needed to be efficient in mass PvP, especially in BS. It's useful maybe, but I prefer to keep every bit of offense I can keep.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234