Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTH Rework

GTH Rework

I personally dnt have anything against the trader toolset, drains and such. But nanos like gth and br are overkill.

There simply arent any penalties at all for these nanos to make them be used situational. Now throw in the fact that they can be spammed, it makes nr very unreliable. Something needs to be done about it.

For Pet classes all the trader has to do is drain them, which is fine. but one the trader calms the pets and gth's the profession, the pet user cant uncalm/unroot they're pets. Also the fact that every profession cant get adequate Nr has to be taken into account.

BR is a bit overkill, It shouldn't totally disable a soldier's defense thats workin as intended. Now add drains to that and the sold may as well sit down /disco.

Docs are meant to heal. it shouldnt be an easy task to kill them but it shouldnt be impossible either.again Gth is overkill here.

Nts-- yes nts have great nr, and deal good damage in pvp. but nr cant be factored as a viable defense against gth because its highly spammable. and when it lands it takes an nt's offense and defense away. with no possible chance of killing trader, since they have the same defense as nt and they can absorb an entire alpha and HEAL. While Nt is ripped to shreds with AS.

I have no problem with drains or debuffs but in solo/mass pvp gth is overkill. The fact of that is because gth is not a situational nano..its a spam fest. and the trader is unkillable. unless u got 4 or more people hackin away at trader..hows that for balance? Been readin alot on how many nanos traders have to cast on an opponent, but i dnt see but 3. GTH, BR, divest, the first 2 are highly spammable and u can AS and perk while doing so. And for most professions 1 drain means the end. But then again i have no problems with drains, its a traders nature. but gth and br are silly. Seems every profession has a nemesis, what is a traders nemesis? where is the trader nemesis nano? Who criples the trader? i see no profession. not even the almighty advy.

Something needs to be done about BR/Gth..thats just reality.

Funcom employee

Changes to GTH will be coming along with the rest of the rebalancing changes. We've not announced our finalized intentions with GTH, but we will do so as soon as we have something *to* announce. Your Professionals will give information to you guys when we give information to them.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

AMS is a great defense, and without some kink in the armor it would be over powered. the worst part about BR is that the trader is unkillable when its succesfully used (with the exception of when there is a engi or nt around) in the rebalance nts are loosing doubles and reflects, but that doesnt nessesarily mean they wont have a reflect bypassing nano (but it's safe to assume they won't with the current documentation).

even with the incomming hardcap to reflects traders will still be to hard to kill in the BRed state, i would suggest the trader only recieve 75-80% reflect (not stacking with rrfe) so they're still killable with considerable effort but no longer are capable of entering quasi "godmode"

there is also no reason a trader shouldnt be able to steal the reflects of another trader, seeing as they are capable of draining and GTHing each other

i have no experiance with GTH seeing as my only caster prof is enfo (and yes, they are casters)

i believe the intent of the OPer is to make a organized thread of solutions, aurguments, and counter auguments instead of the current ideas scattered around 9 other threads in which the suggestions are loosely connected with what the OP of said threads.
    Last edited by lostlife; Jan 29th, 2010 at 20:59:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Changes to GTH will be coming along with the rest of the rebalancing changes. We've not announced our finalized intentions with GTH, but we will do so as soon as we have something *to* announce. Your Professionals will give information to you guys when we give information to them.
    with all due respect kintaii, there are no set timeframes for which the rebalance will go live, until then, none of my tl7's toons are useful. if everyone agrees on the same thing about those ridicoulous nanos then why is there such a long wait for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Changes to GTH will be coming along with the rest of the rebalancing changes. We've not announced our finalized intentions with GTH, but we will do so as soon as we have something *to* announce.
    You should realise by now that a lot of the forum users have little or no patience.

Perhaps you should make use of Ameratsus suggestion, and silence the impatient

Quote Originally Posted by ameratsu View Post
    and i will continue to voice my opinion on it, until someting is done about it.
    She even wrote it herself
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

As long as CB and LE nukes are in game i dont see anything wrong with GTH.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by howlin2009 View Post
    As long as CB and LE nukes are in game i dont see anything wrong with GTH.
    Got nothing to do with eachother it seems...
    I've never seen a Target = NT only tag on that crap nano.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Got nothing to do with eachother it seems...
    I've never seen a Target = NT only tag on that crap nano.
    Nano dot is worse on NT so imo it is was intended as a nano against NTs first although it does have some effect on other casting professions.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Nano dot is worse on NT so imo it is was intended as a nano against NTs first although it does have some effect on other casting professions.
    If it takes 2.2 seconds or 2.7 second to empty the nano pool is rather irrelevant.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

godmode=not takin any damge

if u land gth on a nanobased profession i.e. NT

which defense and offense relys on nano

then u have godmode

nt cannot attack u,or defend.

not as bad for docs since they can still shoot pistols and AS plus heal perks

but thats looking in a 1 vs 1 scenario

now in mass pvp the results are even worse.

In 2.2 seconds?
    Easy.
    so average nt nanopool is 22k before IW, takes 2.2 seconds to drain via gth

About 42k with IW take about 4.4 seconds to drain via gth..

now factor in damage that nt is takin which also drains nanopool and nukin

Quote Originally Posted by Tergxj View Post
    you're right since GTH does no damage like a dot/nuke
    Crat stun procs did no damage either.

Ok here's the thing: GTH, when landed on NT, removes 19k nano instantly, ie 0 seconds, not 2.2 or w/e. Then ticks for -4k nano every 5 seconds and whatever the negative nano delta manages to eat up (which is -4k every 2 seconds). So if the NT has 40k nano 19k goes away instantly and the other 21k goes down within 8 seconds. That's if the NT doesn't cast anything. So basically GTH shuts down an NT completely within 8 seconds. I am really amazed that this retarded nano is still ingame.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Crat stun procs did no damage either.
    can't shoot while constanly stunned
    can't run while constantly stunned
    can't cast while constantly stunned
    can't initiate any control over your character while stunned

but yes, crat stun procs did no damage, they just literally made the player lose their connection while the crat hammered on the unresponsive victim.
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

but yes, crat stun procs did no damage, they just literally made the player lose their connection while the crat hammered on the unresponsive victim.
    After root lands, GTH does exactly the same to NT/doc. Just for 1 minute, not 15 seconds, lol.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    After root lands, GTH does exactly the same to NT/doc. Just for 1 minute, not 15 seconds, lol.
    You can run... but it's more effective to get killed... WAI...

I'm done hammering on this lame nano till FC shows me what their intentions are with changes to it... Then we'll see
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

So something that doesn't do damage can be overpowered right?

GTH literally takes all the fight out of 5 of 14 professions quickly, easily, on demand, and INDEFINITELY. I could press q on the trader after being GTH'd yeah, but it's really not going to pose any real threat to the trader (especially after further debuffage). The stun procs were random too, GTH is not.

GTH needs to be 10-15 seconds in duration while keeping its 1 minute positive effect for the trader (this is assuming it's current level of power). And not be castable again till that 1 min positive effect is up (like it is now). It should also get a 2-3 second recharge. In that form, there would a best time to use it and it wouldn't be a PERMANENT iWin button.

Even with almost 2200 evades and 1100 AAD im still getting capped by end game soldiers when they have been drained 350 AAO and 1 drain and seeing as we basicly have no defence unless we use nanobots. Its not hard to get killed before our drains to go off which is a rough 15-20 sec. not counting a good player who removes a drain the second he/she has the alpha up again.

and the crying about nano... wth man all you gatta do is blind run sit and use virus remover.. and not to mention you take about half our HP in 1 nuke. play tactical insted of standing there like a dumb ass screaming *thats not fair you did something to me!* PS Do you really need 40k nano to cast a 3 nukes ? i barely use 10% of my low lvl NTs nano in a pvp fight.

Not saying Traders arnt over powered but thats only at end game when you have full pvp AAD build. Anything under 1000 AAD while buffed makes you a alpha kill easy. i still have enfs just running up to me using fear and then im dead long before it ends.

And hey if just 1 of those drains or whatevers resist we cant use anything for another 3-5 seconds...

This isent wow where you can just get the armor and put it on this takes alot more effort and for someone who works its a real pain in the ass to get everything sorted within 2-5 hours aday.

As far as i can tell theres only 3 maybe 4 good end game pvp Traders on RK1 and they can all tell you that runspeed and good tactics is what saves a trader.

Sorry for the poor english hope its readable

Oh and if your not specced for pvp dont cry about it.
    Im very very happy with the trader but thats only cos of after 1000 AAD i finally evade more than i get hit.
    Kakadoodoo 220 Opifex MMA (Main)
    Pusipose 220 Opifex Trader (Retired)
    Robosack 216 Opifex Engineer (Retired)
    Chinpokomon2 164 Opifex Trader (Retired Twink)
    Lolnoimamp 150 NM NT (Work in Progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    same as when a NT lands specialized burden of atlas on an enf in combination with CB..
    u said it first... godmode... so look at ur own toolset before ranting about the powers of others toolset.
    Only it takes 2 seconds tops (if you have really slow reflexes) to remove a root. GTH isn't removed as easily.

rage doesnt remove specialized burden of atlas.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast