Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This parry / riposte ...

This parry / riposte ...

.. will it work only with bare hands and weapons that have parry /riposte requirement and "can parry, parriable" (auno description). I hope it will, so it wont be so commonly used.

But what if you are dual wielding and use one weapon with parry option and one without?

Who will be able to use it? Solds during nsd period who put their guns off?
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Feb 18th, 2010 at 13:39:20.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Would be sort of odd, really..

Surely advies, enforcers and keepers should never get access to more defensive options, whereas shades and MAs could do with some added toys.

I hope they don't go about it assbackwards again, and rather than just tossing in more generic tools for both powerful and weak professions, they instead focus on making these profession specific advantages.

Yeah I find it silly that enfs and advs and keepers will be getting it, keepers could do with riposte but parry is a bit much, they are very strong defensively as of now.

Maybe if they nerfed advs and enfs to a reasonable level, they can has it :P

lock it to shades and ma only.
    Snoopdooog 220/30/70 - Pvp MA
    Stiftmeistr 170/21 - tl5 pvp enforcer
    Melizabe 220/30/70 - Pvp sol
    Hozpital 219 doc - heal monkey
    Araton 216 keeper - 12man whore

We Win, You Loose.
    We Live, You Die.

Proud Advisor of MercenarieS.

Give it different levels of effectiveness for each profession.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Yeah I find it silly that enfs and advs and keepers will be getting it, keepers could do with riposte but parry is a bit much, they are very strong defensively as of now.

not being able to parry attacks with a two handed weapon is just plain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Heresiarch View Post
    not being able to parry attacks with a two handed weapon is just plain stupid
    Let's keep the real world arguements out of this, those never amount to anything and only lead to that one japanophile with 72 different types of ninja weapons to come in here and use a lot of weird words to tell a very boring story about the history of ancient samurai swordsmanship in light of the invention of gun powder ;( None of which is relevant when it comes to determining whether, in a game where characters can inflate their size at will and who carry a visible indication of their health status above their head, people should or should not get parry.

Also, in the real world you can use a large assault rifle to parry attacks just as well. OMG!
    Last edited by crattey; Feb 18th, 2010 at 15:15:49.

i dont think combo enfos will have the ip for parry, and obtena doesnt seem keen on enfos using parry. but keepers have quite a bit of parry in there toolset and they arent any where near the top of the pvp food chain (although addition of SA in xan ME wep will give them a boost), so argueing against why they should not get parry would be a bit difficult (i hate my keeper, and hes low lv, so i wont argue the point, just making a observation)
    only melee advies will have access to parry (never played one myself, seems like cheating if you ask me ) i think that giving it to them would be a bit much though

mas and shades most definantly need it.

i think that different templates for mas shades (and maybe keepers) would be in order, giving every one else a shade MA skill-esq template for every one else.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post

Lol then you don't know the game that well, cause some weapons for keepers req parry, riposte which is crap when you IP'd it back in the past but it did nothing cause it is broke but had to so you could equip weapons and the skills are light blue and green here also... mainly the profs that i'd like to see or think deserve it are Ma, Keeper, shade Maybe enforcer and that's it.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    Lol then you don't know the game that well, cause some weapons for keepers req parry, riposte which is crap when you IP'd it back in the past but it did nothing cause it is broke but had to so you could equip weapons and the skills are light blue and green here also... mainly the profs that i'd like to see or think deserve it are Ma, Keeper, shade Maybe enforcer and that's it.
    so... every one but advies and swappers?

i agree was thinking about taking off wep as sold to help survive ams down time for a while(wont need ip for RE or AS any more, combined with new health drain/CH line/soli hot+what ever single heals should do well, and only 6 secs downtime on wep). would be cool, but definantly not intended
    Last edited by lostlife; Feb 19th, 2010 at 00:00:23.

dunno why some people say keepers shouldn't have it. They have more support for it than MA and shade.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    dunno why some people say keepers shouldn't have it. They have more support for it than MA and shade.
    That's not really relevant. Crats have the second or third highest Sneak Attack skill, and have better 1hb than other weaponskills. I'm not really using that as an excuse for claiming we should be on par with Enforcers in using a 1hb setup

What should matter is whether keepers need more defenses. I don't think anyone thinks keepers are too squishy.

I know it's tempting to want everything for your profession, but you should really think about what it would mean if keepers got additional defenses in the form of parry. If anything, it would lock out any fixes to your offenses, and the fact you rely solely on a either hit or miss perk mechanics is a problem, as it would likely put you way over the top.

It's one of the reasons I opposed the AS pistols. The fact we got it anyway, means they use it as an excuse to ignore the real problems we have.
    Last edited by crattey; Feb 19th, 2010 at 11:28:11.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    That's not really relevant. Crats have the second or third highest Sneak Attack skill, and have better 1hb than other weaponskills. I'm not really using that as an excuse for claiming we should be on par with Enforcers in using a 1hb setup
    Do crats have SA/1hb buffs, perk line and armor? Do they have crat only weapons requiring 1hb/SA?
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Do crats have SA/1hb buffs, perk line and armor? Do they have crat only weapons requiring 1hb/SA?
    Shrug, we have a concealment buff? Seems sneaky to me.

You get my point, though, I hope? Just because keepers have parry/riposte buffs doesn't mean they should get access to additional defenses that are being implemented mostly for MAs?

If you think you need parry, the argument in favour for this should be that you keepers would be better balanced if they get the new parry added to their toolset, not that they -can- use it and have buffs for it.

Everyone will be able to use parry and riposte as long as they use a melee weapon and have enough skill. Keepers can get the higher skill and use a melee weapon so yes they will have it and be the best with them. Unless FC adds nanos and perk lines to other professions ofc.

Keeper is a defensive profession and thus should have a stronger defense than most other professions which isn't the case right now. Not saying our current def suck, it's actually fine but nothing impressive either.

As for balance, it's not my job. If keepers suddenly becomes OP due to it, adjustments have to be made to their tools as a whole.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    As for balance, it's not my job. If keepers suddenly becomes OP due to it, adjustments have to be made to their tools as a whole.
    Yeah, but I think the rebalancing effort should be focused on, well, balance...

It shouldn't be about throwing out a bunch of new toys and see where it gets us, that's what got us into this mess in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by melizabe1 View Post
    lock it to shades and ma only.
    HEY!!!11

I haf parry support as well. O_O

fully buffed a keeper will get around 1900ish parry riposte, so why aint keeper deserving of parry and riposte, we have weapons that need it, we have buffs and both skills are green keeper along with Ma are the two main proffessions that will and deserve the use of this before any other proffessions, then shade.. i don't see the need for this with any other proffession that deserve it.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    along with Ma are the two main proffessions that will and deserve the use of this before any other proffessions, then shade.. i don't see the need for this with any other proffession that deserve it.
    keepers with more defense! oh woaw sounds like balancing to me!

I predict this whole balance joke will give us at least some major drama on forums!(and a still totally unbalanced pvp lol)

NB: shades blow

Lets do a quick search.

General info.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Parry and Riposte

A free full IP Reset will of course come with these changes. The addition of Parry and Riposte actions will come along at the same time as the changes to perks and nanos.

Parry

General duration will be 10 seconds.
    Based on your Parry skill (and having a martial arts/melee weapon equipped) you will acquire a new action (like Backstab) that enables you to parry/block both regular and special attacks for the duration of the action. As your skill in Parry increases, your chances to negate damage from regular and special attacks during the active time of the Parry action increases. As your Parry skill increases the cooldown of this action will also decrease. The Parry action will always negate the damage of at least one attack…how many additional attacks are parried will entirely depend on your skill.

Riposte

Riposte is an active melee/martial arts action that will do damage based on your Riposte skill. A Riposte is a quick counter-attack based on a temporary opening offered by an off-balance attack by your opponent. An attack by your opponent will “activate” your Riposte ability giving you a short window of time to use it to inflict additional damage on an in-range target. This will not be a “huge” damage special but more of an active combat action that is available often during the course of regular combat. Individual player skill in taking advantage of this action will be a significant factor in how effective it can be.
    Response to OP question.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    We forgot to mention that Parry/Riposte will work based off of the IP spent in their respective skills and will NOT be tied to a "weapons special" in the same sense that Burst/Fling Shot/ect. ect. are. The only requirement to use Parry or Riposte will be that you have a melee weapon (and yes, the MA fists weapons will count) equipped - Whether or not this weapon has "Parry" listed as a special attack will be a moot point, as this is an entirely new system and not tied to the older attempts at making Parry/Riposte work.

So long as you're using a melee weapon, you're good to go with the new attacks. =)
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast