Thread: Advy CH en root resist.

Advy CH en root resist.

I am think uder prof need resist, meny time advy no need.

BUT I am think advy CH two slow! Make for nanomage can put imps wit nano init en is do bettah CH if want.
    Not so good like doc but bettah for now. 13 sec = garbage!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-GTI View Post
    I think other professions need root resistance, not Advys. They have many other defensive tools already, they should not be immune to roots.

BUT I also think Advy CH is too slow. Speed it up so that it is more usable, and would reward high nano init skill. Currently, it takes 13 seconds to cast which is WAY too long.
    Translated.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Thanks for the translation, but I did have fun reading the verbiage of the original.

Guess there are advies with other challenges than just simply getting lost everywhere. (but then that is the beginnings of so many great adventures -- or reclaims depending on where you get lost )
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

some ninja modding just occured
    if you want a aurgument to hold merit, you need to justify it, all i see here is "will trade this for that"

That are balance, no? Sacrifice en trade?

Advy "second best healer" Ha! Agent wit better CH! Many other better heal for raid en high level. Even try nano mage, nano init setup, still just too slow en impossible for use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-GTI View Post
    That are balance, no? Sacrifice en trade?

Advy "second best healer" Ha! Agent wit better CH! Many other better heal for raid en high level. Even try nano mage, nano init setup, still just too slow en impossible for use.
    o.o

What is with all this talk about CH being some powerful tool? There is no way in hell that an agent CHing beats a 220 advy's heals.

I think I agree with your original point, that Invocation's cast should be reduced.. I don't know by how much, but it always felt wrong to me.
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

I think this has merit in concept, especially if it can be set on a similar 'lockout' not unlike, say, ICH, maybe even a bit longer since the adventurer will be able to add more heals or the like. The ultra-long cast time makes it, not unlike Alpha and Omega, only useful at reclaim, really.

Lockout better then recharge. Recharge stop other heals and nanos.

9.5s cast and 8.5 CH? (Only crazy advy go full nano init setup.)

Maybe make more BM and MM = less recharge? So if put twink into BM and MM then are better heals?
    Please, give change form. Want main be neutral. Red vs Blue are boring now.
    220 veteran player, no more complain for level alt. Do something and stop whine! (Take cry people friend with you.)
    Means: the new client to run FASTER on old hardware _________________ Faction champions.

don´t steal advys theyr root resistance, maybe ranged advs don´t care about root resistance, but there are some melee advs still playing, and they NEED root resistance...

Advys are overpowered already
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Advys can heal more then enough already. Absolutely no need to give em a better CH.

Coon, dof+limber, heals ,SA+BS/AS(+FA+Burst) and great evades and you still arent happy? U sir need to find a hackable game and rule that regime. Advys could use some attention. Rather in the OTHER direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Translated.

owned. I mean, owned hard!

And - Adv has to much heals anyways atm...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Top end heals are a bit on the insane side. I remember back on my original account my 186 advy was even able to replace doctors in most parties I was in. Granted that ment I was focusing on healing and not doing damage but I could do it.

One of the things they are mentioning in the rebalance is that advy will remain the number two healer, as was intended from the start, but in order to do this they will have to sacrifice damage. The initial idea hinted at was using the tree morph as a healing morph, which I think could work nicely. Perhaps scale back the top end advy heals by 50% and then when in tree form allow for a 100% boost to heal amount putting the heals back on par with where they are now but since you are in tree form you loose all your + damage from the wolf and cat forms. Seems like a fair trade off to me.

As to the root resist, adventurers are the hunters and explorers of Anarchy Online. They are, atleast from my personal view point, the wilderness counterpart to the fixers techno theme. One explores the intricacies of modern technology while the other explores the untamed wilderness of nature. Root Resist just makes sense in this case. However I would like to see root resist tied to one of the morphs yet again so perhaps they can only reach their highest level in one of the morphs (Just please, make cat the damage one, I hate the look of the wolf.)

By allowing the advy to fit into different roles based on what morph they are in you could have a profession that is still as versitile as ever, but from moment to moment they would have to choose in what direction that versitility is being used. Advy wants to tank, go dragon. Advy wants pure damage, use cat. Want to work as a support/evade character go wolf. Need a healer and no doc's are available? Swap to tree and start healing.

Personally I'd like to see wolf set with lower total + damage but keep the aura's to effect your entire team while cat has the most self + damage for solo hunting.

Course they are also talking about giving bipedal form advies some new tricks to make not morphing a posibillity. What exactly is left, I'm not sure.

Hmm...

What of the core structure of the advy profession?
    (Avoids saying the "F" word that can be equated to the "C" part of the game.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by JenShay View Post
    What of the core structure of the advy profession?
    (Avoids saying the "F" word that can be equated to the "C" part of the game.
    advie == balance
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Xercia View Post
    Top end heals are a bit on the insane side. I remember back on my original account my 186 advy was even able to replace doctors in most parties I was in. Granted that ment I was focusing on healing and not doing damage but I could do it.
    http://auno.org/ao/heal.php

Agent CH grantly odds the best SL advy heal apparently ?

Beside, replacing doc isn't such an acocmplishment and you gotta be careful bout what situation you talkin about, cause in a lot of case, bringing a doc is overkill, and the doc isn't healing @ 100% of its capacity. So sure, bring an advy, an agent, and you fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Djantro View Post
    http://auno.org/ao/heal.php

Agent CH grantly odds the best SL advy heal apparently ?

Beside, replacing doc isn't such an acocmplishment and you gotta be careful bout what situation you talkin about, cause in a lot of case, bringing a doc is overkill, and the doc isn't healing @ 100% of its capacity. So sure, bring an advy, an agent, and you fine.

Meh....depending on the situation, you don't always need a doc. This is why I am so confused as to why MAs or Advies are not considered a part of the core team of players that can get things done.

I would have to disagree that doc is always considered overkill, though. Max HP, hots and endgame +HP heals make everyone's job easier, not to mention good old UBT and debuff procs (although, it's annoying in a lot of endgame stuff where you have to spam UBT and basically give up on landing it).

Also, if I understand you correctly, you're saying that CH beats BoL (can't understand your question, so I'm guessing). Compare the cast/recharge times..also, compare the nanocost. BoL owns CH easily.

I still am with you on the idea that Doc is not always necessary (although, makes things easier). I always imagined that an a combo of MA/Advy could do just as well. Admittedly, I am biased because I think the Doc prof is my fav, so there's that. :P
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]