Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 150s Survival recharge is BAD!

150s Survival recharge is BAD!

The buff to Survival is a nerf to soldiers.

Think about... what can a soldier do every 120s? Something that makes a chunk of healing quite handy every 120s?

Making survival 150s recharge instead of 120s greatly reduces its power for soldiers. I think this is an unintended nerf to the pvm solo ability of one of the classes that is already near the bottom in solo ability.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Werent solds the guys who solo alba and dread bosses?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    They still are and it will stay like that, it seems.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

That's kiting. If you want to see less kiting, one way to do that is encourage non-kite soloing (you know, the kind where you take damage). Breaking the utility of my heals isn't going to encourage me to sit still and solo like I'm supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    That's kiting.
    Why the rest of us can't do it, if it's "only kitting"?

The buff to Survival is a nerf to soldiers.

Think about... what can a soldier do every 120s? Something that makes a chunk of healing quite handy every 120s?

Making survival 150s recharge instead of 120s greatly reduces its power for soldiers. I think this is an unintended nerf to the pvm solo ability of one of the classes that is already near the bottom in solo ability.
    Not all soldiers have survival perked, but I do agree there's no reason to lengthen the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    The alb keeper can be soloed in a fire reflect setup - but after balancing there will be a hardcap on reflects. My opinion on that is there should never be a situation where someone of any profession and using any toolset should be 100% immune from damage.

As for the Dreadloch bosses, only Moxy and her clan counterpart are kitable - and it's done by as many fixers as soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    They still are and it will stay like that, it seems.
    Read the balancing information. Troll less. Reflects are receiving a hardcap.

Why the rest of us can't do it, if it's "only kitting"?
    Any ranged toon can kite Moxy, it just takes longer because of less spike damage.

The argument put forth that a heal shouldn't maintain it's current recharge because of the ability to kite and get 100% fire reflect is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Read the balancing information. Troll less. Reflects are receiving a hardcap.
    It's not only about reflects, my dear troll wannabe.

I'd like to reiterate my message, which I'll make more clear.

The change to the recharge time of Survival from 120s to 150s makes the skill less useful to soldiers (even though the net healing per hour is increased) because it reduces the positive interaction between AMS and Survival which exists because their timers are matched.

I think this is an unintended nerf, so I'm trying to bring attention to the interaction of these two abilities. This is a nerf primarily for soloing in tank&spank situations where balancing incoming damage with healing capability is of utmost importance. Almost all other professions surpass soldiers in these situations, so a nerf here is certainly not needed.

Change to trox if you prefer 3000 heal per 120s instead of 5000 heal per 150s?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Well as engy I don't like it either, its a nerf on BS, and any multi opponent fight(one after other not all at once), but will be a boost in duels and 1v1(where we are already OP).

Perk timers need to be reduced not lengthened. ESPECIALLY while the bug that makes perks executes after you die is around.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Perk timers need to be reduced not lengthened. ESPECIALLY while the bug that makes perks executes after you die is around.
    if the timer is lowered then the heal needs to be lowered, which is, i believe, the opposite of what they are going for.

it may have been intended anyways :P. giving lower damage profs a bit more of a window to do some damage during AMS downtime, instead of fighting into survival/healperks/healdelta on every AMS downtime...
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

I'd like to reiterate my message, which I'll make more clear.

The change to the recharge time of Survival from 120s to 150s makes the skill less useful to soldiers (even though the net healing per hour is increased) because it reduces the positive interaction between AMS and Survival which exists because their timers are matched.

I think this is an unintended nerf, so I'm trying to bring attention to the interaction of these two abilities. This is a nerf primarily for soloing in tank&spank situations where balancing incoming damage with healing capability is of utmost importance. Almost all other professions surpass soldiers in these situations, so a nerf here is certainly not needed.
    Perhaps you arent supposed to live for more than 2 AMS cycles?
    This is a boost for soldiers, because if yout target is outliving the first AMS, then survival (in which case is a big buff, esp with the buff to draw blood too), and then the 2nd AMS... it'd be about time the soldier died, I say.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    This is a boost for soldiers, because if yout target is outliving the first AMS, then survival (in which case is a big buff, esp with the buff to draw blood too), and then the 2nd AMS... it'd be about time the soldier died, I say.
    You can't really set a limit on how many times players can effectively use their toolset in order to survive.

If survival as a soldier in pvm/pvp was capped at 2 AMS cycles, then something is obviously wrong. Not that you should be able to survive indefinitely, but the idea is that a soldier should be able to have some tools available to last quite awhile in some situations in both pvm and pvp. But at the same time, they shouldn't have so many tools or such an easy time that they can survive forever against anything.

That's a very bland description, I know. But there is a very fine medium for soldiers that needs to be found.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Different professions have different strengths. You can hardly say that soldiers are suffering in versatility. They're great DD profs, they tank well, they are one of the most desired professions in teams and they're among the better profs to PvP with. Maybe the change to recharge isn't made because of the solo ability in PvM, but because of the synergy with AMS in PvP. Soldiers aren't the best solo'ers, but do you expect to excel at everything?
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    That's absurd.

Let's put the survival of agents at one CH, advies at one coon, and docs at one SL heal while we're at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Survival is not planned to be exclusively used by soldiers .

Survival is not planned to be exclusively used by soldiers .
    Yah seriously guys, it's like arguing shades were a-ok because they had a BREED PERK.

Get over yourselves.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

With the introduction of BS, fast, multiple pvp fights are more common than before.

Currently, if I fight someone with all my perks and mines up its pretty much a given I will beat them. Then, I run around the corner and get owned by some noob.

Bump for smaller damage/defence of all perks but shorter timer aswell.

Stuff duels and random 1v1 in cities.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

You can't really set a limit on how many times players can effectively use their toolset in order to survive.

If survival as a soldier in pvm/pvp was capped at 2 AMS cycles, then something is obviously wrong. Not that you should be able to survive indefinitely, but the idea is that a soldier should be able to have some tools available to last quite awhile in some situations in both pvm and pvp. But at the same time, they shouldn't have so many tools or such an easy time that they can survive forever against anything.

That's a very bland description, I know. But there is a very fine medium for soldiers that needs to be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    That's absurd.

Let's put the survival of agents at one CH, advies at one coon, and docs at one SL heal while we're at it.
    Sure, as long as those all keep you going for three minutes and twenty seconds, under any amount of fire one person can possibly unleash.

3:20 is too long. Way too long. Especially in Today's PVP (tomorrow may be different, ofc).
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    Change to trox if you prefer 3000 heal per 120s instead of 5000 heal per 150s?
    You beat me to it

Furthermore, you will even get more 500 more HP, a HoT equivalent of 10 HD, 6K ACs and another heal for 2-3K.

Really, if you worried about losing survival, just go trox, you will have your survival and all that more.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast