Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 150s Survival recharge is BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    The only bracer that covers two types of damage is elements - which would only defend you from some kinds of advies and soldiers unfortunate enough to still be using dsharks. The only kind to do three types of damage is bracer of reflection - physics, and there's not many chemical and radiation weapons at endgame, and it's really only a defense against agents.
    Oh, gee.

All you are proving here is, you have various choices with your reflect toys (which happens to be my point in the first place) and I didn't even count all of them, especially some that are available exclusively to solitus.

The healing from perks is minimal. Soldier passive reflects would be decent aside from the complete lack of NR, meaningful heals and no evades. We make up for those three things, supposedly, by having AMS. Advies have only only a bit less passive reflect with RRFE, as Heartless pointed out, and they have coon, evades and heals.
    So, you want to be more like advies? Oh, heck. Stand in the line, please!
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post

So, you want to be more like advies? Oh, heck. Stand in the line, please!
    I don't think soldiers are asking for a complete addition of evades, nr, and healing. I think they are asking (or at least what i would like to see) is *one* of those added to our defensive toolset.

I want to either, evade a decent number of attacks, maybe even avoid being perked by gimps.

*or*

Resist nanos, such as UBT (without needing an alba hud) , maybe a drain once in awhile, resist some roots or other debuffs without having to sacrifice from current setups. Let this be clear it is a desired addition not a trade-off.

*or*

Have increased healing support through perks, or other optional nanos. Things like TMHH come to mind. Something that would make using passive reflect auras and ofab back a decent defense while using other tools too.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

All you are proving here is, you have various choices with your reflect toys (which happens to be my point in the first place)
    The point you were trying to make in the first place is that soldier reflects are somehow over-the-top. The fact is, they aren't for the vast majority of average soldiers. Reflect bracers have lost their charm, and so has talking to you on the subject since 1) all your "opinions" are designed to get people up in arms and 2) as soon as you're pinned down in one area, you shift the topic to another one.

{Removed.}
    Last edited by Xeriathos; Apr 28th, 2010 at 10:27:25. Reason: {Edited by Xeriathos: removed flame.}
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post

*or*

Have increased healing support through perks, or other optional nanos. Things like TMHH come to mind. Something that would make using passive reflect auras and ofab back a decent defense while using other tools too.
    yep, isnt draw blood getting a bigger heal on it? and also is not survival bring increased in healing? and isnt lifeblood being bumped up 50%?

correct me if im wrong here
    Last edited by Parranoid1; Apr 27th, 2010 at 04:52:05.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Isn't the change of survival the change that also removes LE nukes, changes BR, adds a cap on max reflect under 100, increases the regular heal perks and removes hotswapping?
    Gee, the discussions here taking ONE aspect of the changes and comparing them to todays standarts sure is going to make a lot of sense.

Just out of curiosity.. what's the proposed change for survival then? Reducing the cooldown to 120 while keeping the current healing for another 20% boost on top of it? So far I read the complaints but not what you want it to do...
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I've been killed under AMS plenty of times, and so have others.
    By how many?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

{Removed.}

anyway on topic, i dont mind survival being longer to recharge, the hot wont last as long, meaning faster ticks and heals for alot more, meaning better ticks, if anything its an amazing boost for that first downtime where people save their entire alpha for, nevermind the fact that it also gives 5k nano, which will help vs nano drainers such as MAs and some classes using the ring and special perks and some shades etc, i for one love the new survival, it would be a shame to put it back to 120s at the price of nerfing it to hell

imho just be happy it will be alot better and lets face it, most dont care about pvm, people who do roll docs and crats for that and in mass pvp, truthfully fights, regardless of who wins, dont last long enough for a second AMS downtime, someone either died, ran or got nemesised up the ass, i hope it hits live as it is in the documents
    Last edited by Xeriathos; Apr 28th, 2010 at 10:29:28. Reason: {Edited by Xeriathos: removed bickering.}

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Isn't the change of survival the change that also removes LE nukes, changes BR, adds a cap on max reflect under 100, increases the regular heal perks and removes hotswapping?
    Gee, the discussions here taking ONE aspect of the changes and comparing them to todays standarts sure is going to make a lot of sense.
    I didn't compare it to anything but the AMS cycle. The direction the forum warriors have taken this thread since then is different altogether. As far as anyone knows, the AMS cycle is going to stay at 120s after rebalancing, so heals that are available on a 150s cycle might as well be available on a 240s cycle for all it matters.

Just out of curiosity.. what's the proposed change for survival then? Reducing the cooldown to 120 while keeping the current healing for another 20% boost on top of it? So far I read the complaints but not what you want it to do...
    The currently published change is a 15% buff to Survival's maximum theoretical healing per hour. My proposal would be to give back part of that increase in exchange for getting to keep the 120s duration. Make it heal a total of ~3800 every 120s, a 9% buff overall. Of course, I wouldn't turn down more.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Soldier is one of the most well-rounded profs in the game. There's simply no denying that, and trying to put across that they have so many difficulties in PvP is simply ludicrous. Compared to most professions out there, they do pretty good everything considered. Why the hell do you think there're so many soldiers around in the first place?

150 sec recharge on Survival perk is fine. That so many soldiers have a gripe with it just goes to show how effectively it fit into an already working defense.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Just did a cleanup of the thread.

Please, stay on topic: the Survival perk. The devs aren't interested in arguing or namecalling.
    Advisor Xeriathos
    Bug Hunters Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

The point you were trying to make in the first place is that soldier reflects are somehow over-the-top.
    You mean, they aren't? Sure they are but, it's their signature feature, so I don't mind.

as soon as you're pinned down in one area, you shift the topic to another one.
    Since we are down to blaming each other now, I would like to point out that it is you who derailed this thread from Survival discussion into reflect discussion, not me.

That is all.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

You mean, they aren't? Sure they are but, it's their signature feature, so I don't mind.

Since we are down to blaming each other now, I would like to point out that it is you who derailed this thread from Survival discussion into reflect discussion, not me.

That is all.

tbh they should just turn every soldier ingame to a fixer, no downside to it for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    tbh they should just turn every soldier ingame to a fixer, no downside to it for pvp
    good one.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123