Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The best reason why rage shouldn't be nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    so what we seen here is a thread asking for a nerf for osb now. do you know that any twink isn't even viable without osb.... how do you plan to account for twinks that are already made who had access to osbs vs those in the pipeline. How would u even implement an osb lockout feature that's fair. It's easy to say nerf osb but what's a fair way to do it....
    It's easy to envision how you could be allowed to use OSB's to twink, but couldn't for PVP. That level of abstraction is not complex and if you tasked yourself, you could think of many ways to implement it. If they are good or not, is another question, but let's be realistic, it's something that could be done.

One way you could implement such an idea is to have a PVP setting for each character that a player would toggle. Toggle ON would allow you to PVP and do towers and Toggle OFF would allow you to get OSB's for twinking. Changing the setting would wipe your NCU and lock your NCU from accepting nanos that aren't cast from self.
    Last edited by Obtena; May 11th, 2010 at 18:21:43.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

@obtena : honestly that would make pvp more complex to deal with than ever ...

again to me the OSB ain't number one issue in NW ... let the people twink, get buffed & go to fight as they want (hot rs rrfe mochams, etc ...) & focus on balancing what needs to be instead (trader drains, enfo AR/NR & notum rep., healing & esp. HL adv options, etc ...) without nerfing a specific profession including its PVM aspects.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post

again to me the OSB ain't number one issue in NW ... let the people twink, get buffed & go to fight as they want (hot rs rrfe mochams, etc ...) & focus on balancing what needs to be instead (trader drains, enfo AR/NR & notum rep., healing & esp. HL adv options, etc ...) without nerfing a specific profession including its PVM aspects.
    The problem with this is the fact that true balance can't be achieved without first removing OSBs from the equation. Even though their drains are still quite powerful I was just fine with fighting 49 traders in BS with my enf when he was 25. Reason being that I had a nice NR setup and when a trader is self his drains aren't as much of an i-win button. But outside BS if you give a trader mochams and he's gotten well beyond the realm of fair-play when it comes to his ability to shut down an opponent.

The problem in itself isn't the classes. They may need a few tweaks but almost every class is viable at high tl2. The balance issue stems from the OSBs and how the dominate low level pvp outside BS, and give Traders and Agents a huge advantage due to computer literacy twinking ability.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    So players that can make the calculations and effort to make the BEST PVP characters couldn't handle the complexity of turning on a switch ? OK
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

To balance while maintaining full useage of OSB's would require OSB's to be equally OP with all players as well as gear itself be OP for all professions.

We would have to introduce a +400 Matter Creation OSB for NTs, and give them access to level locked nukes and roots.

MPs would need a 600 nanoskill req shield of zset for 400 AAD, 20 reflects, and various other modifiers.

The requirements on JAME blaster would have to be lowered to 500 assault rifle, 300 burst and fling, and maybe level locked to 20.

The damage add buffs from soldiers and keepers would have to be increased to +500 and +400 respectfully, and last 30 minutes.

Shades would need several perks that hit for 1000 damage in pvp at tl2.

Doctors would need a 5000 point heal with 300ish nanoskill reqs.

The only way to combat OP OSB's and gear is to either nerf them or counter them with equally OP OSB's and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Full player base wipe!
    Or strip.
    I'm all for equipment strip every once in awhile after a major patch update, since it would nullify most sploits used to equip a toon. Also theres a couple players running around with equipment that are flagged to other professions than theirs which had flag added later in a patch, but they still have the item(s) equipped. Should be easier to do now since we have a mail system and items won't necessarily be lost due to full inventory.
    Last edited by Lagalot; May 12th, 2010 at 21:13:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagalot View Post
    I'm all for equipment strip every once in awhile after a major patch update, since it would nullify most sploits used to equip a toon. Also theres a couple players running around with equipment that are flagged to other professions than theirs which had flag added later in a patch, but they still have the item(s) equipped. Should be easier to do now since we have a mail system and items won't necessarily be lost due to full inventory.
    if this happens i'll have no fun playing this game anymore. Equip strips are just the dumbest idea offered by people who can't twink worth a damn. Real twinks are a pain to twink and require multiple calculations and etc. Plus some twinks are built around the fact they ip pychology for a tower then ipr it.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Szyylin View Post
    No thanks, i don't want to reequip my alphas after every patch. Ban exploiters and leave me be.
    This would of course not be after every patch, but after a exploit was discovered where you could use a sploit to twink your toon to insane attributes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234