Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agent rebalance is far too complex

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    Not like they can't already.
    So then we're just debating semantics, and -1k vs 350 Dodge makes literally no difference.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    So then we're just debating semantics, and -1k vs 350 Dodge makes literally no difference.
    Or -3k for that matter, or even no debuff at all.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

My opinion on agents is that they mimic some skills which, over the years, are becoming obsolete.

What I mean is that if everyone's toolset is increasing, so should agent's ability to mimic them.

I'm not saying agents should be able to have access to the latest and greatest of each prof, however given some of latest nanos, they should at least have access to better nanos that what they have today.

What I would have loved to see, is a mutually exclusive two-mode (or stances) agent:

1. The poly-mimic mode, which is the existing TrueProf of the agent, going for two mimics. The agent in this mode has access to what exists today in terms of nano programs, etc.

2. The single-mimic mode, which doesn't give access to TrueProf, however grants the agent much better nano programs of a given mimic.
    In a single-mimic, the agent would have access to better AMS, or better charms, or better you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    My opinion on agents is that they mimic some skills which, over the years, are becoming obsolete.

What I mean is that if everyone's toolset is increasing, so should agent's ability to mimic them.

I'm not saying agents should be able to have access to the latest and greatest of each prof, however given some of latest nanos, they should at least have access to better nanos that what they have today.

What I would have loved to see, is a mutually exclusive two-mode (or stances) agent:

1. The poly-mimic mode, which is the existing TrueProf of the agent, going for two mimics. The agent in this mode has access to what exists today in terms of nano programs, etc.

2. The single-mimic mode, which doesn't give access to TrueProf, however grants the agent much better nano programs of a given mimic.
    In a single-mimic, the agent would have access to better AMS, or better charms, or better you name it.
    I like the idea ocene, more choices, more options, but unfortunately "poly-mimic" is still going to be the only choice as long as the single-mimic has the init debuff, and the huge hit to nanoskills.

I actually went through the database to try and find what possible things we could mimic instead of doctor, unfortunately without AMS/TMS from a soldier - or - some kind of nanohealing, such as Advy or Doctor, we would just drop like flies. The only decent healing nanos an advy possess are just totally unreachable in our current nanoskill range (I have to swap 4 things to get 1625 sense imp / psy mod just to use true profession in the first FP which is only -25 nano skills!) and the pattern continues with most other professions.

In all honesty, if not for CH, agents would have become extinct long ago. The one trick pony ride is getting old though, and i'd like to see agents gain other abilities of the professions we copy than just the nano-program toolset.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    What u have in minds for agents it's going to completely reinvent them. Sure it'll be interesting, but it looks like it'll take several coding hours and would require months of time to get it down and months afterwards to balance it. can't we have an easy fix in the mean time as a temporary perk that boost all inits by 4000 for around 30 seconds and a 2 min lock out
    Agree 100%.
    President of ShadowMercs

Quote Originally Posted by TheCookie View Post
    Should be avail for TL5 imo, would promote the use of out of the box setups.

Would also give the illusion that a re balance has been done!

would require a "not in FP enfoo" tag on it tho

besides, not sure if making agents in other FP's equal on AR of a FP enfo agent would be a wise thing to do,,, ok, im sure, it would not

unnerf other fp's ( not by making BE tl5 accessible tho ), dont OP the already OP one tho

Quote Originally Posted by Stinnipeng View Post
    Oooookay..... Giving agents a nano that would be -1000 dodge, would be a band-aid fix... and not -350...
    wanted to put a witty one liner here, but all i came up with sounded bit offensive,,, so ill just put a simple: lol!
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

CH heals 10k. Specials hit agents for 6k typically.... YA ch is amazing......

Bringing other fp lines to workability would take a lot of work and I doubt FC has the experience in terms of pvp to do that.... if u believe otherwise, you aren't looking at the 9 years of evidence against ya.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12