Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: low HP in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by msbish View Post
    {removed}

my tl5 mp twink got 4.5k hp..{removed} its not my fault my proffesion dont have a single defense other than a 8year old outdatet healpet, wich can be crowd controlled with eaze and only ouer own (blue) evades to rely on, this is whats needed to even have a chanse at killing the gimpest newbie with aimshot!
    no proffesions WANTS low hp setups, its what needed to pvp

{removed}

It gets kinda silly when ppl are ch'd by their healpets though, don't you think?
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 4th, 2010 at 05:18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    I do not find if low hp will be fixed too ?
    Cannot understand why FC made 30% cap but allow players to have small HP with not putting points to bodydev. Lets change this cap to some % from attackers HP. This way more HP will be a benefit...not just in PvM but also in PVP. Those players with low HP will die like a fly....when high HP will attack them with special like FA/AS/SA.

Or another solution i think will be locking bodydev skill to grows up automatically with player lvls.

If this has been already discussed in pls let me know the link....
    {edited by Anarrina}

While a low hp setup forces the maximum damage you can take from a special down, it also makes you THAT much more vulnerable to regular hits, DoTs, and perks. There is a very clear trade-off here.

On my TL7 Agents, I wouldn't even think of dropping below 18k hp.. and prefer to keep it at 19k or above. For the simple reason that it will be harder to alpha me even though I'll be taking 6k FullAutos and AimedShots.

On my TL5 MP, I prefer to stay low hp - read, 4k. There's a reason: my healpet is utterly crap, even with Soothing Spirits maxed out it heals around 662-977 IIRC, and that every 8s or something. Point I'm trying to make is, it's not even sufficient to outheal one 30% cap each time it casts.

Anyhow, twinked weapons being what they are nowadays, EVERY hit that twink lands - yes, I said every - is going to be a 30% cap. And it hurts. Perks, too, will 30% cap when landed. It makes you a lot more vulnerable to alphas.

So please, low hp setups are fine. Even though you won't do high damage specialattacks you can show off in a !logon, your regular hits and DoT attacks or procs relatively hurt a lot more.
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 4th, 2010 at 05:19:22.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

my lvl30 MP doesn;t have IP for body development, between nanoskills and evades I am all out of IP...... evades > HP because.... well if you play AO its pretty self explainatory

making it so more HP means you can do more dmg at low levels that would OP enfos, agents and traders even more...... enfo's have the most HP and currently do the most dmg... traders and agents have the most NCU for all the HP buffs and can get what 5k-6k HP with OBs at what lvl21?

the idea is sounds making more HP meaningful but the way your looking at it would not work.

Please do not refer to game mechanics as cheating or exploits without any official notice that this is the case, as such a statement constitutes an accusation against those who use that mechanic.

Thread closed until cleanup on the thread is performed.

Edit: Thread cleaned of all references to cheating and exploit (unfortunately, this meant removing a few strong posts). Thread reopened.
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 4th, 2010 at 05:24:55.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    It gets kinda silly when ppl are ch'd by their healpets though, don't you think?
    those mps that do that, havent even understand why to go low hp. with that low hp u open up for any proffesion beeing able to kill u evry 8-9 seconds

the point with low hp is beeing able to outheal aimshot, and aimshot only.
    aimshot can only kill 30% of ure hp, so having low enough hp so u can recover the capped special is the whole idea behind it

ps. with belamorte u can have between 3000-5000 hp and stil survive aimshots for a long period, if ure evade is also up to date..so why a tl2-3 mp is not raising body dev is just crazy and wil make them weaker

Low HP is an alternative choice of professions who cannot afford pretty high self healing rate. Thats similar to MPs going max def possible while running by themselves letting their pets kill an opponent. Sounds like an unfair mechanic, but it does exist and should exist.

Besides, there are multiple zones with high level mobs all around, which will harm hard if you're low hp. So, basically, if you're going low hp - you're risking with a few other things such as overall survivability and unavailability to perform good in other situations.

TL7 fixers use to have pretty low hp, but it forces them to evade being attacked by high level mobs or good DD effects. Of course, low hp profs can be effectively healed by other people, but its not the subject. If theres an experienced doctor around and aware - it doesn't matter how much HP do you have since it'll always be refilled.

So, I, personally, can't see a problem in low HP. But I do see a problem in things that forcing people to go low HP. Besides, low HP isn't a reason, its a statement to either broken, or imbalanced game mechanics at specific titlelevels/professions.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

those mps that do that, havent even understand why to go low hp. with that low hp u open up for any proffesion beeing able to kill u evry 8-9 seconds

the point with low hp is beeing able to outheal aimshot, and aimshot only.
    aimshot can only kill 30% of ure hp, so having low enough hp so u can recover the capped special is the whole idea behind it

ps. with belamorte u can have between 3000-5000 hp and stil survive aimshots for a long period, if ure evade is also up to date..so why a tl2-3 mp is not raising body dev is just crazy and wil make them weaker
    I was actually talking about a tl2 agent there. But since healpets aren't self only it goes for anyone that the pet is set to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob76 View Post
    I was actually talking about a tl2 agent there. But since healpets aren't self only it goes for anyone that the pet is set to heal.
    does it exist "low hp" tl2 agents? ive yet to see one..

and outside healing is not what this thread is about..
    of course if a lvl 30ish agent have a lvl 180 healpet on him its gonna heal alot, same as if any high level doc/adv/ma/trader would cast a heal on him
    Last edited by msbish; May 4th, 2010 at 14:28:45.

Well, as long as there is some definite disadvantages to having low HP that cant be avoided, then its not really a problem, just more a frustration.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Still wondering why low hp must vanish.

Anybody got a somewhat decent reason?
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    Still wondering why low hp must vanish.

Anybody got a somewhat decent reason?

like it is today i dont think will go away, becuse its just to not fill IP points in body dev and u wil keep a low health.
    but by doing this ure sacrifising way to mutch...and when talking for us mp's i hope funcom makes healpet procentage heal based of ure own health.
    by doing that more health would be a bonus, insted of a threat like it is today with evry class in game capable off 11 sec aimshots, and half of them are using it too.

@msbish:
    I don't see that as a reason to remove low hp from the game. I've been lowish hp for a while now (as in 0 ips in body dev, but using all those goodies that give tons of hp). Being able to play with hp allows for more choices, where a nt can choose between harder to gank or quicker back on his feet (our healing sucks)... that is a good choice. And it doesn't break anything. Couple other professions can use low hp too, at different ends.

Concerning your mp: either he is fine with low hp, and that is balance enough for me, or it still isn't enough to make it competitive... but that is a balance or fun (not enough ar may not be fun etc) problem, not a problem due to low hp.

I'm not defending my lawn... high hp looks to be a good path too for me; I just don't like removing diversity without a good reason.

To be sure, this post has nothing to do with mps needing a hp% healpet or anything... honestly don't have a clue what mps should get.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

@ schloops
    if u read my posts u wil see i agree with u, and i got a low hp mp myself.
    I was trying to point out that game mechanics is forcing us go low hp and this wont change unless they make procentage based healpet or increase healing on pets
    Last edited by msbish; May 4th, 2010 at 20:59:32.

Theres nothing wrong with running an low Hp setup. (note to all, i have no toon using low HP setups anymore, used to have an lvl 49 low hp fixer)
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

@ schloops
    if u read my posts u wil see i agree with u, and i got a low hp mp myself.
    I was trying to point out that game mechanics is forcing us go low hp and this wont change unless they make procentage based healpet or increase healing on pets
    % based heal pet would more than likely ruin my TL2 MP even if I maxed BD which gets me about 900 HP so more than likely the ammount of healing from a % based heal would be less than my current heal pet...... sadly for MPs we cast bela around lvl70 with a tad bit of work sooner if you want meaning only from that point on does a % healing bases heal pet work as any pet before bela would have lower % heal meaning lowered healing overall...... ideally with % based healing you would only have 1 heal pet from lvl1-220 as its pure % HP based

there was some talk about a % HP based healing bonus on top of normal healing that would not make high HP that much more inticing though but it would help endgame alot

I have completly resetted body dev on my shade, and i still got around 11k hp, which is not nearly low enough to outheal agents or KEC3 sols, so in duels vs. them i usually have to strip most of my +hp stuff and go down to around 6k hp to have a chance of suriving a good KEC3 sol's ams.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Some people here lost their brain i think. What happened to the individual Gameplay everbody wants? I thought that would be one of the only reason why 90 % of the People here play this game. Low HP does give also Disadvanteges. Stop whining about stuff that makes this game so good how it is! Thats like wtf?!why are engies not maxing Weapon Smithing or other Tadeskills?!
    ''Sugge''
    ''Epedemic''
    and some other Sick.... Terminat0rs

does it exist "low hp" tl2 agents? ive yet to see one..

and outside healing is not what this thread is about..
    of course if a lvl 30ish agent have a lvl 180 healpet on him its gonna heal alot, same as if any high level doc/adv/ma/trader would cast a heal on him
    Low hp setup doesn't work at tl2, my trader is killed by enfs very fast while I can alpha some agents just with normal hit,fling,burst,hit....

TL3+ yea there is problem, hot+heal pets
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Low hp setup doesn't work at tl2, my trader is killed by enfs very fast while I can alpha some agents just with normal hit,fling,burst,hit....

TL3+ yea there is problem, hot+heal pets
    I wouldn't say it's a problem. It's not as if they're invunerable, grab a friend with AS or 2 and they go down easily.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

If you are TL2/3, low HP and you are OSB'ed without blockers, that's a huge phail. I would argue that blockers > HoT almost in some cases, depending on your opponent.

Anyways, I don't get the problem here. Forced to go low HP? There are alot of advantages to this in PVP ... easier to heal, save IP, more effective layers as the 3 that come off the top of my head. It's simply a decision you have to make based on how you want to play and what strengths you want to have. It's never a case of FC forcing you into a sub-optimal situation. In fact, I would count yourself LUCKY if you are one of the professions that has that choice to go low HP for PVP purposes. Some profs simply don't work well with low HP and can never reap the advantages of it.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast