Thread: Is balancing going to take froob/sloob into account?

Is balancing going to take froob/sloob into account?

I recently returned from a three year hiatus from the game. When I left LE had come out only a few months prior and I had all the expansions up to that point. Now I am playing on a Sloob account for the moment due to various reasons that prevent me from dropping the extra 10 bucks to get my old full expansion account out of moth balls.

Now I accept that Froob/Sloob based characters will have less power. You get what you pay for after all. I won't get all the fun AI gear my old characters had, I won't be running around with my mech or any other pretty LE toys. And in general my power level will be lower than an equal level character that has full access to the AI/LE/LoX expansions. Thats all good and well. But as it stands I can still explore the areas I have access too and be happy that I can contribute to teams and enjoy my experience.

However, what will the balancing do to this?

If the re-balance will totally scale everything on the assumption that everyone has full AI armor and all the best of the best items and they re-work mobs etc to fit to this template will that leave the froob/sloob community out in the cold for the content they do have access to? Will I, after the rebalance, find myself suddenly unable to contribute and enjoy the Shadowlands that I am paying to beable to access because they were rebalanced to fit to the new "standards" brought in with the latest expansion packs?

I agree that FC has to do something when it comes to balance. I am, in general, looking forward to it. However it suddenly occured to me that the possibility for those on the Sloob plan might suddenly find that the content they are paying for is far above their heads depending on exactly what the aim for the re-balance is.

So what is the general aim? Bring classes more in line for PvP? Balance them out so we don't have super advy's solo'ing missions that other full teams struggle with? Will it be tweaking the monsters and making them stronger, a general nerf to all the classes to make those with AI gear more in line with current Sloob characters and Sloob characters more in line with Froobs, and Froobs... well I'd hate to know what they would be like...

Just some thoughts of mine and wondering exactly what the aim of all this is and how far impacting it might be. Will it stretch the difference in power between the haves and the have nots even further?

i believe the rebalance is going to target characters toolsets, they wont be making any changes to mobs. If they do it will be to make SL easier to use your CC tools on, making roots/snares/calms etc. more effective. dont worry, they arnt doing this balance to make pvm content harder.

seems like it is mostly for pvp balancing.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

This will be mostly TL7 PvP balancing it seems... I already fear TL2/3/4 PvP will be ignored or worse... so dont ask about froob and 5$ sloob

And frankly, I dont how it would be possible to balance full account toon and take into account froob...
    See Advies for exemple, TL7 advies are quite in the high rank... and froob advies are realy subpar...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

The OP makes a good point though, but it's not limited to the question of froob/sloob. It really comes down to PvP versus PvM. As I understand it, the real driving force behind the whole "balancing" issue is the problems in PvP with certain professions, perks, nanos, etc. being considered too powerful. I have been encouraged by the fact that they are developing different effects for these based on whether they are used in PvP or PvM. But I worry that in order to balance professions against each other in PvP situations, they are going to remove or lessen the effect of tools that are currently used in PvM. We'll need to sit back and see how this all plays out, but any change that is made to a professions toolset in order to make them less over powered in PvP that ends up crippling them in PvM will be sad. This is especially true for fr00bs since they do not have the benefit of superior equipment to subsidize any deficiency that is created.

For instance, if they are going to make the doctors healing ability less effective, this may not affect a 220 full expansion doc. It may, however, make a froob doc simply unplayable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    The OP makes a good point though, but it's not limited to the question of froob/sloob. It really comes down to PvP versus PvM. As I understand it, the real driving force behind the whole "balancing" issue is the problems in PvP with certain professions, perks, nanos, etc. being considered too powerful. I have been encouraged by the fact that they are developing different effects for these based on whether they are used in PvP or PvM. But I worry that in order to balance professions against each other in PvP situations, they are going to remove or lessen the effect of tools that are currently used in PvM. We'll need to sit back and see how this all plays out, but any change that is made to a professions toolset in order to make them less over powered in PvP that ends up crippling them in PvM will be sad. This is especially true for fr00bs since they do not have the benefit of superior equipment to subsidize any deficiency that is created.

For instance, if they are going to make the doctors healing ability less effective, this may not affect a 220 full expansion doc. It may, however, make a froob doc simply unplayable.
    read thru the documentation you will see that alot of perks have, usually double the duration in pvm situations to pvp situations (that is ones in pvp have been halved where as pvm it stays the same)

nothing has been said too indepth about nanocasting such as CC except for the fact that means has said that roots/snares/calms would be more effective in the SL's, so i dont see that as a pvm nerf. and i couldnt see how that would effect froobs, id say they would be the same level in effectiveness on RK that they are now.

lastly what exactly is being done to doctors healing has yet to be fully announce, much was said to removing the effectiveness off nanodelta, or increasing the cost. if its nanodelta, froob docs dont really rely on nanodelta to any huge extent anyways, and if its increased cost, RK heals dont take much nano to cast as it is now, only CH is high. but im sure it wont make docs not want to play
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    This will be mostly TL7 PvP balancing it seems... I already fear TL2/3/4 PvP will be ignored or worse... so dont ask about froob and 5$ sloob

And frankly, I dont how it would be possible to balance full account toon and take into account froob...
    See Advies for exemple, TL7 advies are quite in the high rank... and froob advies are realy subpar...
    If this balance thingy will focus on Tl5-7 only - I find no interest in the game, thus, I will cancel all subscriptions (5 acounts atm) and I will never return to this game. I mean - its serious, not a threating. I belive, players like me - would like to see variety of proffesions all lvl range, not only Traders/Enfs/Soldiers. I am more then sure, its needed to balance all lvl range, cause Everyone should be able to participate in PVP with beloved proffesoin, not chose one that is viable.

I mean, if you build enforcer at lvl 49, you can get:

- 850 RS ( fastest on BS, in City pvp, Duels)
    - 1k NR (most NR of all proffesions, twice to much for anyone, also for traders - but this is nothing, when trader drained other weak target...)
    - 500ish Dmg each shot (with Howlet/Panther)
    - Alpha DMG nearly 3,5k
    - 6.8k HP (Biggest HP, twice bigger then any proff)

And I dont want enfos to be nerfed. I see other ways to balance it - enchancing current tollset of other proffesions via logical way.
    Last edited by Pomidor; May 5th, 2010 at 19:57:14.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    lastly what exactly is being done to doctors healing has yet to be fully announce, much was said to removing the effectiveness off nanodelta, or increasing the cost. if its nanodelta, froob docs dont really rely on nanodelta to any huge extent anyways, and if its increased cost, RK heals dont take much nano to cast as it is now, only CH is high. but im sure it wont make docs not want to play
    If a pure healing doc drop in psychic bright/faded implant + nanomage, buffing weapon. You'll be surprise that they can reach over 700 psychic.

Right now with 2xOET jess(not yet maharanee), my froob NM NT can get 722 psychic with over 140nanodelta. thats 140+ nanoticks every 4 secs.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

last time i played like 2 years ago it was kinda hard to get teir2 armor , you needed an org or a random group that was working on it.

With the ofab armor now i assume getting teir2 is even harder, so people with sl only accounts might have a hard time i imagine.

im just wondering if that is the case and if so maybe fc should take stuff like that into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    read thru the documentation you will see that alot of perks have, usually double the duration in pvm situations to pvp situations (that is ones in pvp have been halved where as pvm it stays the same)

nothing has been said too indepth about nanocasting such as CC except for the fact that means has said that roots/snares/calms would be more effective in the SL's, so i dont see that as a pvm nerf. and i couldnt see how that would effect froobs, id say they would be the same level in effectiveness on RK that they are now.

Well, since there's both RK and SL heals, all one would need to do is rebalance the nanocost of SL heals to make it so that it's more expensive and leave RK heals alone, and you have solved the problem of how to rebalance heals so nano regain is more important.