Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on daily missions

Feedback on daily missions

Add your praise, bug reports and suggestions here I guess. I wanted to point out some stuff but I didn't want to create a thread only for the one thing I was trying to point out, so use this thread for your daily mission feedback as well!

I got a mission on my 220 soldier to target the dreadlock bosses. Starting with the one in clon**** and the second one being Moxy in EFP and so on.

2 points I wanted to make here about this mission:

1. Targeting the bosses isn't enough (like it usually is with RK-missions and such). You have to double click them. I didn't know that so I spent 10 minutes wondering if the mission was bugged.

2. Targeting Moxy is a cruel trick to play on someone that wants to do a daily mission. You can't target Moxy because you need to get rid of that place-holder tower first. There are some problems with this. The NPC named Hawk wont give you tool to remove tower and if you try to kill the tower alone, it will mean having to deal with adds that hit pretty hard.

Now, the reason why this is an issue for me is because the Moxy step of this mission is as a result abnormally harder than all the other steps. It feels out of place and it's strange that all steps of this mission are so easy to solo but that this moxy-step requires help from others. Either make the whole mission-line team based or solo based. Try not to mix the two.

Also, targeting the other bosses does not require you killing them. Targeting Moxy however requires you to spawn her first, which means it's a wasted spawn if you don't kill her as she despawns after a while and then other people have to wait for that tower to spawn again if they want to actually kill her.

So all in all, that moxy step should be taken out OR replaced with "find that strange tower and target it". If targeting the tower rather than moxy was the actual step in this mission, then it would be perfectly in line with all the other steps. So I feel you should change that
    Last edited by Wrangeline; May 4th, 2010 at 16:52:33.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

on my 146 froob, i got mission to kill 100 rollerrats at serenity islands. You cant use RK treatment/firstaid kits there, which makes it way too hard for froobs :/

I recieved the mission to kill a shy eremite. I went to Aegaen and used the vibration device. I got a messege saying one popped out of the ground but couldnt find it anywhere

I asked this in another thread, and I'm stuck at work for 6 more hours so can't try this myself yet, but I'm still wondering if we can do more than one "daily" per day?

Quote Originally Posted by Klint View Post
    I recieved the mission to kill a shy eremite. I went to Aegaen and used the vibration device. I got a messege saying one popped out of the ground but couldnt find it anywhere
    Gotta hit tab-button to target them I think.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    I asked this in another thread, and I'm stuck at work for 6 more hours so can't try this myself yet, but I'm still wondering if we can do more than one "daily" per day?
    I think you get an 18 hour lockout when you complete or abandon a mission. A friend of mine said something about being able to pull 2 different missions though. I don't know if that's true or not and IF it is true then I don't know if it's intended or not.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

APF's

Can anyone gain access to the APF missions - have tried the usual route of talking tio the administrator for the Sector - but still unable to go to S28? Is it just me

Quote Originally Posted by automator View Post
    Can anyone gain access to the APF missions - have tried the usual route of talking tio the administrator for the Sector - but still unable to go to S28? Is it just me
    Pretty sure you need to be in a team to enter APF sectors.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

So Ive been sticking around for the daily vp mission, no interest in pvp or the bs, and LE mish vp is terrible, so I figured this was supposed to be an alternative.

Found the daily vp mission npc, got a mission... to win a battlestation.

Epic fail, fc devs have outdone themselves. The BS doesn't run, my soldier has been signed up for an hour today. Even if it did, you can wait outside signed up for 30+ minutes for your turn, and get stuck with loss after loss once it runs because the other faction is there to cap/farm/win and your faction is full of epeen gankers that couldnt care less about the score. Hardly something you can get done solo in 20-30 minutes each day.

Expect account cancellations, people have been sticking around for months waiting for improvements, and you're wasting your time and energy cooking up crap sandwiches.

Didn't got any reward on 220 neut toon, not even sk for research.
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Blumax View Post
    What?!

Same here, got 2 "You've recieved an item as a reward" after mission complete, yet no new item in my inventory. 200 Fixer froob.

However, I did get mission tokens auto-added to my count, maybe that's my reward?
    Last edited by Fadedmoon; May 4th, 2010 at 17:22:01. Reason: Left out relevent info

Quote Originally Posted by Blumax View Post
    I got a capped chunk of a level 10 research (45000 sk) on my 220 neut.

... for doing a mission that required nothing but 15 minutes of running around in Belial figuring out what I'm supposed to do. I hope there's one that lets me, you know, kill something. I like killing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadedmoon View Post
    Same here, got 2 "You've recieved an item as a reward" after mission complete, yet no new item in my inventory. 200 Fixer froob.

However, I did get mission tokens auto-added to my count, maybe that's my reward?
    "You've received an item" is because the mission XP is actually granted via an item with an effect. If you look at the mission before you turn it in, you'll see that it has an item reward and the description of that item is something like "this item gives you xp or sk."
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

omfg, the tag the dread bosses mishes is just dumb. i'll just post what a player said in the vicinity after waiting for recon commander to spawn:

Takkan shouts: dreads are on a 2h repop, if they are each killed just before you get to them it could take up to 10 hours to complete this "quick daily mission"
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

I just had a mission to kill 3 Feracious Ottous, in The Longest Road so after spending 40 mins in 3 different spots and not finding any Feracious Ottous I deleted the mish... Mobs need to be their to complete Mission FC please look into mob spawn times if you expect/want people to do these...

Now on 18hr lockout.. So waste of 40 minutes when I could of been leveling and do research in Ado/Pen

Sorry but thats just me frustrated after waste nearly an 1hr

Well, my crap gear 131 Fixer was kinda sad getting the Kill lots of smugglers in Smugglers den quest. Not really comparable effort with the: "kill three dark sprouts in an easy to reach outdoors location" quest my doctor got.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by kinaton View Post
    I just had a mission to kill 3 Feracious Ottous, in The Longest Road so after spending 40 mins in 3 different spots and not finding any Feracious Ottous I deleted the mish... Mobs need to be their to complete Mission FC please look into mob spawn times if you expect/want people to do these...

Now on 18hr lockout.. So waste of 40 minutes when I could of been leveling and do research in Ado/Pen

Sorry but thats just me frustrated after waste nearly an 1hr
    did you get an item in your inventory to use? theres some missions where you spawn the mob on item use in a certain area (some of these still stay underground like normal versions of mobs, eremites and shovelets etc)

nope nothing in inventory either

Well I don't have a 220 toon, but sounds like the Daily Missions for 220's need some tweaking ...

Having the whole 220 community trying to tag/kill dreadloch bosses for their solo daily missions isn't going to work very well unless they respawn every 10 minutes.

Daily missions to kill "outdoor" non-instanced mobs should be for mobs that respawn Very quickly, not 2 hour or longer respawn rates.

Colrain

I complained about the daily missions but no one listened to me. Live population is different from test population but my suggestions fell on deaf ears
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast