Thread: Character transfers

Character transfers

So we are now able to transfer characters between accounts. Why not take this a step further and add in a character bazarr where people can buy and sell characters for in game money?

Countdown to thread lock initiated...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by indicas View Post
    So we are now able to transfer characters between accounts. Why not take this a step further and add in a character bazarr where people can buy and sell characters for in game money?
    you propably misunderstood that.
    you can only transfer characters between your own accounts as they are bound to your main account in the account page.

or i propably misunderstood that, you talkin about character bizzar, some adult expansion were you can sell characters for errm... special services ??
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

No No, what im proposing is a eve style character baszarr where people can place a character they would like to sell to another player and then everyone bids on it using in game money. For a reference see .

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard...annelID=734105

Now ths is all ccp sanctioned and and there are several rules that must be followed in order to transfer a character.

But i think this would be the next logical step with this feature.

Oh did i mention that the seller has to pay CCP $20.00 to transfer the character to the buyers account? This of course could be accomplished via paid points as it is now.

So I'm supposed to pay FC real money so that I can sell a character for credits in game? That's even worse than the idea that players would not sell a character for 1 credit, and then maybe recieve actual money like, oh I dunno, ebay maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    So I'm supposed to pay FC real money so that I can sell a character for credits in game? That's even worse than the idea that players would not sell a character for 1 credit, and then maybe recieve actual money like, oh I dunno, ebay maybe?
    Well really you'd be using paid points to transfer it. Eve does have some pretty strict rules about buying / selling characters and are very active at finding people using RL money to buy characters. But you would be using paid points to pay for the character transfer over the credits. On eve the person selling the char is the one that pays for the transfer, so all the buyer pays is the credits.

theres already enough problems with people selling accounts. its pretty funny/sad when you run into someone ingame that you haven't seen for 2 years, get them invited into a raid group and then find out very quickly that its a new player behind the keyboard. thats happened twice in the past year to me. ingame characters have a reputation (some do) and having someone else buy that toon and start playing it is wrong on so many levels. of course, funcom has already implemented paid name changes, so i guess problem solved there. i just wish these people buying accounts would change the name of the toons so the rest of us don't get all excited when we see an old face, and then put them on ignore when we realize they are someone else.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulTarder View Post
    theres already enough problems with people selling accounts. its pretty funny/sad when you run into someone ingame that you haven't seen for 2 years, get them invited into a raid group and then find out very quickly that its a new player behind the keyboard. thats happened twice in the past year to me. ingame characters have a reputation (some do) and having someone else buy that toon and start playing it is wrong on so many levels. of course, funcom has already implemented paid name changes, so i guess problem solved there. i just wish these people buying accounts would change the name of the toons so the rest of us don't get all excited when we see an old face, and then put them on ignore when we realize they are someone else.
    Ok so implement a forced name change and on top of that as with eve's character bazarr the person selling the toon has to make a lengthy post with stats and such about it (eve's api allows you to post your chars skills, current amount of money, most possesions etc..). And as you mentioned there was a problem with selling characters already then maby this idea could help to solve that.

Posting to confirm I'm the 4th owner of Vhab.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Ok yes i understand that it is happening already. And thats great, but it is risky as either the buyer or seller has to have access to both accounts. With a funcom sanctioned model you wouldn't need to have that risk, a price could be negotiated on the forums, a new site could be added to the character page on register.funcom.com that would allow you to transfer the character to anyone elses account (maybe with some type of permission function.)

Just saying, we all know its happening now. But funcom could make it a much more secure option for what is already happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Posting to confirm I'm the 4th owner of Vhab.
    As if anyone would pay money for an MP. Keep on dreaming.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...