Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on daily missions

I thought the missions were random. I got the same mission 3 times in a row now. I can't complete it, keep deleting it, waiting a day, and then getting the same one again. Pfft.
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

Quote Originally Posted by Deathorglory View Post
    I thought the missions were random. I got the same mission 3 times in a row now. I can't complete it, keep deleting it, waiting a day, and then getting the same one again. Pfft.
    Missions should have a lock on how they are delivered too, you shouldn't be able to receive the same mission twice in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathorglory View Post
    My 149 trader has been doing the same thing, for eight days in a row now.

My suggestions for improving the daily missions:

1. If someone cancels a daily mission, have a pop-up window for comments or a survey sent to them to find out why. If you have the same quest getting canceled by the majority, use that information to help improve or remove the mission. If a survey is sent, have a comments section in it. Do that with the current surveys too. Don't ask "is this resolved? yes, partially, no" without an "unknown" option too.
    2. These are supposed to be solo missions. Sending me deep into a dungeon that normally requires a team is NOT a solo mission.
    3. Make the missions random, but excluding yesterday's mission. Getting the same mission multiple days in a row is sad. It just pisses us off more when the mission is bugged too.
    4. Start the 18 hour timer the moment the mission is accepted, not when it is completed/canceled.
    5. These are supposed to be solo missions. Sending me into a dungeon requiring someone to open the door for me (Crypt of Home) is NOT a solo mission.
    6. Either add a whompa or grid terminal to every zone or don't send me there for a "quick" daily mission. Spending 10-30 minutes traveling through zones because a fixer was not available for an fgrid is not fun, nor is it quick.
    7. These are supposed to be solo missions. Sending me into a dungeon requiring a team is NOT a solo mission.
    8. Tighten the level ranges of the missions to better fit the level of the character. I should not have to fight grey mobs, nor should I have to fight red mobs.
    9. If battle stations were how PvM players wanted to get VP, they would go to the battle station. Giving them a mission to go to a battle station does not change that. Have them go to the opposite faction's cities & kill X guards instead.
    10. These are supposed to be solo missions. Sending me into an alien ship that would require at least 4 people in a team to get on when doing a city raid is NOT a solo mission.
    11. Giving everyone in a specific level range the same mission to go kill X unique (or rare) mobs is just asking for unnecessary "he killed my mob & called me a cootiehead!" petitions.
    12. Did I mention that these are supposed to be solo missions & sending me into a dungeon requiring a team is NOT a solo mission?
    Last edited by tazalanche; May 13th, 2010 at 21:51:14.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Xercia View Post
    Honestly they don't have an excuse for not knowing about cushions or low ql intel pistols as they are both talked about in the stickied thread in New Arrivals forum, the thread is named 'how to make money as a new froob player" or something to that effect. If someone cannot take the time to even glance through the new arrivals forum when they start the game I don't take much pitty on them, particularly when people like myself put out the word to them about this thread. The knowledge is there and in plain sight, no excuse for not seeing it really.

Shopping channel starts at level 11 by the by, and if they don't start noticing the blue text scrolling up saying shopping channel then... I dunno what to say. Level 11 is reached pretty darn quickly even with only newbie island gear.
    making easy money as a new froob player (guide)
    Jun 25th, 2007, 19:21:38

Really makes you think its accurate/relevant still doesn't it.

You shouldn't be required to dig through 3-6 year old posts then dig through more 3-6 year old posts to figure out if they are still relevant in order to play a game.

Ok, there really really needs some way to mix up how the missions are handed out.

My fixer, starting at lvl 65 got: Longest Road distress call, Biomare kill mobs mission, Kill cyborgs and return parts, Longest Road distress call (great for a fixer but still...), Place the bomb on AI ship, Place the bomb on AI Ship (I'm getting quite good at this now, even with stinky equipment and weird new rubberbanding), Kill cyborgs and return parts.

My agent starting at lvl 60 got: Longest Road distress call, Biomare kill mobs, Biomare kill mobs (deleted -- couldn't stand doing that one again), Kill cyborgs and return parts.

I know these two toons are close in level range, but for the week or so that I've been pulling dailies on 2 toons, I've only had the pleasure of seeing four different missions. I'm dying to see some of the others. Are these the only missions that lvl 60-80 toons will get? <insert QQ/emo/boohoo>
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by NaimahDolgoth View Post
    making easy money as a new froob player (guide)
    Jun 25th, 2007, 19:21:38

Really makes you think its accurate/relevant still doesn't it.

You shouldn't be required to dig through 3-6 year old posts then dig through more 3-6 year old posts to figure out if they are still relevant in order to play a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    You actually expect people who want to play a game to read trough tons of guides and info before they can even play? Seriously??

Most people in general will want to play the game and have fun. If they cannot learn what they need trough the game, something is wrong. It should not be a requirement to read a forum which can only be found trough a website which is so messy and poorly designed no one can learn anything useful from it.
    I don't know how many MMO's either of you have played, I don't know you so I won't put out a guess. However in my years of playing MMO's I have found myself in...

Ultima Online
    City of Heros/Villians
    Eve Online
    Anarchy Online
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    World of Warcraft
    Runes of Magic
    Everquest

My point of listing all of these? Care to guess how many of these I ended up visiting the forums of within 24 hours of first logging into these many different games and making my first character?

Every single one of them.

So yes, I do expect new players at some point to come to the forums when they realize they are a bit lost and do some reading to learn whats going on. Do I think they need to improve some of the inherent newbie experience issues, yes, but the guides on the forums will always be a primary source of education about this game and any other MMO. That is what makes MMO's different at their core compared to Single player RPG's. You don't learn all you need to know from reading a little 18 page paper manual held together with mini staples. You learn from the community.

As to the guides being old, If you think they are outdated and the original authors are not around to take care of updating then take it upon yourself. Instead of complaining about them being out of date, do something about it.

That all said, you seem to focus on the fact that I said I feel the difficulty at it's core is not over powering and the quests are quite doable and not the fact that I agree that daily missions need some changes. I've said that over and over that some of them need to be tweeked and the level ranges need to be adjusted. Certin missions should be moved to being Elite level missions for low level characters and others should be moved into something labeled team missions.

Of the missions I have pulled the only one that I have had any problem with doing is the kill X of Y in Biomare. The mobs ramp up in difficulty pretty quick in there and you have to go all the way into the dungeon to do it. I'd like to see them split this mission up into two seperate missions and increase the number of enemies you need to kill of each type. Then make the 2nd mission a level 75 to 100 range mission.

The alien ship mission, atleast in the level 50 to 75 range, has already been nerfed, if no one noticed. I guess it was ninja nerfed at some point during the minor patches they did. I thin it was 18.3.4 but I'm not entirely sure. When I first did this mission the day the daily quests came out every single alien in the ship was level 65 to 75 and led to me having to pick up HnQ and GSF to complete it at level 51 with LOTS of kiting involved. Not true kiting but stand, fight, run around the corner, burst as the alien comes around then run off around another corner and wait again. It was a pita, but I got it done. The 2nd time I pulled this, which I believe was the day they put in the 18.3.4 patch, the regular aliens were levels 50 to 66 and the boss was still level 75. Much more reasonable even tho the end fight did require still some song and dance at level 54. Once I finally got Limber the General was even a push over.

By the by, you don't have to kill ALL the aliens in that mission. Just work around to the Generals chambers and kill only what gets in your way. Once the general is dead plant the bomb and get out with the tele-card. Makes things much quicker and easier.

Other missions I have pulled... Lets see... there isn't many, they really do need to work on variations...

Cyborg Costume parts where you collect the 3 parts, wrist, chest, and insignia, and turn them in. Fun fact, these can actually drop on ANY cyborgs I've come to find out. I've actually pulled the mission 3 times and only had to go to the barraks once to collect the parts since I had gotten them before hand via my normal missioning habits. Also they can be gotten from the outdoor cyborgs. So for those of you that can't manage inside due to poor pulling skills (Not everyone is a born puller and that place can be a little tricky) just kill the few borgs scattered here and there outside. Might take a little longer since they are not a dense spawn, but it should be much safer.

Cyborg Infiltration where you wear the afore mentioned costume and go down into the barraks and tag the end boss. Wow, so easy, hehe. Small note, the costume does not keep the borgs outside from aggroing you. Don't know if that is a bug or not.

ToTW Killing Spree, yea, remove the kill order here to make the mission more organic. But honestly the couple times my brother and I pulled these we met some nifty people out in ToTW and had lots of fun. Just remove the kill order for the love of god (Same with the Biomare silling spree mission)

Clon**** Killing Spree, where they send you out to kill X of Y out in Clon**** just to the west of the northern mining outpost. This one was rough. But it is doable if you get a friend and you learn how to trade kite. I.E. once you get aggro run like hell and let your buddy shoot. Once aggro changes you start shooting and your buddy runs like hell. Also learning where the spawns are and what directions to approach them to avoid being swarmed is a HUGE tactic here that can make or break completing this mission. For the new player this one will be rough. Less because of the level of the fights (Tho you cannot go toe to toe with the last couple in the list at the levels you get the mission unless you are twinked) and more because of the risk of being swarmed from a bad pull because you don't know where the mobs are mainly concentrated or where they spawn. We actually got this mission 4 times. The first time was a nightmare. We where low level (in the low 30's) and did not know the area at all. I still remember being on voice with my brother screaming at him as we both ran around the player city nearby with Squabblers chasing each of us. The second time we had gained 3 or 4 levels and had a MUCH easier time. It was less about levels as we had not upgraded our gear, and more about knowing where the mobs where and what to expect. I still died once but meh, I still pulled 2 full levels from it and we had lots of fun.

I also heard about a quest to kill the end boss in CoH. Really I would love to see boss kills be offered as elite missions. Tho I could see how this could be abused potentially. Twinks exist for almost all the dungeons and CoH even allows for beacon warping in high level characters. That means that you could potentially have yet another twinks rule the nest while normal folks are left out unless they pay extreame fee's to be allowed to get a kill for a mission. It is a potential problem and would love to hear thoughts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    These are supposed to be solo missions. Sending me into an alien ship that would require at least 4 people in a team to get on when doing a city raid is NOT a solo mission.
    Are we talking about the "Place the bomb" mission, or the elite mission involving aliens? I haven't tried the latter, but I was under the impression that it involved APF, not a city raid. For the former, Freelancers Inc. has thoughtfully provided you with a teleporter to get into a suitable alien ship. It's even mentioned in the mission description.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercia View Post
    The alien ship mission, atleast in the level 50 to 75 range, has already been nerfed, if no one noticed. I guess it was ninja nerfed at some point during the minor patches they did. I thin it was 18.3.4 but I'm not entirely sure. When I first did this mission the day the daily quests came out every single alien in the ship was level 65 to 75 and led to me having to pick up HnQ and GSF to complete it at level 51 with LOTS of kiting involved. Not true kiting but stand, fight, run around the corner, burst as the alien comes around then run off around another corner and wait again. It was a pita, but I got it done. The 2nd time I pulled this, which I believe was the day they put in the 18.3.4 patch, the regular aliens were levels 50 to 66 and the boss was still level 75. Much more reasonable even tho the end fight did require still some song and dance at level 54. Once I finally got Limber the General was even a push over.
    I did this yesterday with a 111 trader, and can't say it was exactly easy. I didn't check the exact levels of the aliens, but they ranged from greenish to a deep orange, so I'm guessing something like 90-140. I died to the tougher ensigns a few times before finally caving in and getting a load of outside buffs. After that clearing the ship was a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    I know these two toons are close in level range, but for the week or so that I've been pulling dailies on 2 toons, I've only had the pleasure of seeing four different missions. I'm dying to see some of the others. Are these the only missions that lvl 60-80 toons will get? <insert QQ/emo/boohoo>
    On my level 75-80 Enfo I got following missions so far:
    Place bomb in alien ship, Shades, Kill 5x5 mobs in MW, Shades, Hack computer in cyborg citadel x2
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    I've only had the pleasure of seeing four different missions.
    Your lucky, shush

daily mish..are that suppose to be solo mish? are they meant to be teamed? i'm finding them hard to be soloble...all the buffs you have to round up from outside and many trails and error..most people just delete mish or just bring along their outside tanks another high love toon of thiers or friend..that's not soloing.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    My suggestions..
    I found em good, esp the 2,5,7,10 and 12...
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

i like the missions so far, only ones i dislike are the CoH and the smuggler's den ones (didnt even bother trying the smuggler's den one when i got it)

taz gave some good suggestions there.

i think the randomness of the missions should get better once they add more missions.

i think the "level range" for the missions should be reduced to 10 levels though instead of 25 at lower levels (sub 100 for ex.) cause there is no way in hell my 78 trader can even kill 1 mob in CoH without dying for example.

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Got a mantis killing mission today on my 112 trader. Based on what I read here, I was rather hesitant about it but decided to try anyway. It turned out to be not bad at all; in fact, quite perfect for my profession and level.

There appears to be at least two different missions that require killing mantises. This was the one with 9 sets of 3, starting from diggers and runners and ending with workers and bantlings. At the start mobs were a bit over 90, and toughened up to 130 at the very end. Since I hadn't ever visited the place before, I had to do a bit of scouting a couple times to find the next type of mob, but generally there wasn't too much overlap. Mezzes helped tremendously in aggro management, and health drains kept me alive through the fights, especially at the end.

I can imagine it being really tough to solo for a lower level character or some other profs, but I don't think the mission is a complete failure; far from it.

One of the main problems I've found with the mantis missions (have had the 'Den Mantis Ravagers' mission 4 times on the trot) is that people don't yet know where specific mobs spawn.

I've seen countless people that should be waiting at the start to kill Ravagers run almost to the queen, killing the mobs that are there (Guardians/Nano-Mantis/Breeders) out of order. All this does is slow everyone down because instead of mobs being killed and then repopping in order you'll find that the spawns are all over the place.

I agree that in these cases mobs need to spawn faster or that you should be able to kill mobs in any order, like the crypto hackers/black hats ect ect mission.

My two other missions have been Training Brain Dogs. This is easy, and doable in 10mins. I had a problem the second time I tried this as I'd logged out right after doing the mission and when I logged in the next day the charm effect was still running in my NCU so I had to wait 20-30 mins for this to time out. Maybe make this time out when your offline if thats possible?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    ...snip...
    For fixes I'd suggest.
    1. Either make the Enigmas spawn and despawn on independent cycles or add some hint or note that you're to go right to that spot to get them to show up.
    2. Beef up the Enigma Sprout so it can take more punishment but gimp its damage and keep Dark Enigmas from attacking each other, may not be a bad idea to gimp their damage a bit. This should especially be done if you want chars with wimpy damage (fr00b healer docs come to mind) to do this mission solo.
    3. Bump up the length of time you have that check on the Enigma Sprout mission. If you have one or more Dark Enigmas to fight yet, take a bit to notice the new mission then take a while to read what it says about a minute or so certainly isn't long enough. The real kick in the pants is that while it only lasts about a minute the Enigma Sprout will wander for about ten minutes.
    4. Reduce the period between potential respawns of the mobs.
    Yes, please... :-)
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Omni side Extraction daily.

I will be deleting this mission without attempting again until this is fixed.

How are you supposed to solo against multiple red mobs?

Seriously. What a waste of time.

My 176 keeper had no issues with the extraction quest, but the bodyguards were yellow & green to it.

However, the biggest issue I had recently with the extraction quest was that every bodyguard in the mission was 170+ versus a 150 mp (issue similar to Naimah's complaint). If not for letting the cacao demon & tumulten go around the corner & clear the mobs it never could have been cleared because, despite wearing the highest symbiants possible for its level, my mp is not wearing 1.5bil in AI armor, so it can not handle more than one of these 170+ bodyguards at a time.

I slowly cleared the area, spoke to the NPC, gave the faction change form to the NPC, then the bodyguards respawn (as expected). The NPC proceeded to pull 3 mobs & disappear. The NPC did not die, it just disappeared. I slowly cleared the mission again & then had to delete it because the NPC never returned.
    Last edited by tazalanche; May 16th, 2010 at 01:09:39.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Well back again. Few things slowly cropping up as I level that I am starting to understand how many people can become frustrated with some of these. Particularly if going into them expecting to beable to do them solo. Also the old repetition issue is still always a pita.

Newest daily mission I recieved was Embrace the Shadows. At first I got a little confused having never even known this little area existed before and was looking for a mission entrence. Once I figured out you had to pop through two zone borders that where shown as blocked on my map I went in and gave it a shot.

The first time I got lucky, really really stupidly lucky. How? Well as I was killed, at the exact same moment I finished activation of the item and watched myself do a backflip and level as I fell down dead from being swarmed from 40+ shades. Like I said, stupid luck.

Second time I went in, now knowing a little better what to expect, I moved slowly in killing a few here and there as I moved trying to clear the shades out so I could get to the item you have to activate to get completion. Well these things aggro radius is a mile wide I tell you what.. Next thing I knew I was swarmed again by atleast a dozen, if not more, and decided to try dumb luck again since you have to be out of combat to complete the mission and snaring them a distance off was no good. No joy, so I deleted it and will hope I get a different mission tomorrow night.

By the by I am up to 78 now, pulled the mission the first time at 75. This is one of those missions that even at 90 or so when you are going to be above the level of all the mobs it will be a nightmare to complete. You just get swarmed by so many monsters at once. I'd imagine crats and NT's, perhaps even traders, you know the professions that have calms, could do this easily. Heck a twinked out Engi or MP might beable to just send their pet a hunting and clear the area out. By twinked I don't mean super twinked but at level 75 running with a 130ish attack pet. It might be doable atleast. However for pure combat/support professions with out quick working calms that don't need the target to be out of combat (like advy calms. To many mobs with to huge an aggro radius for this to be really effective tactic for them) are going to see this one as a nightmare.

This is where my suggestion for types of missions comes in. I'd most certinly not make this a head on mission. Lets face it, going head on here is suicide at the level they give it to you. One on one, even 4 on one, the shadows are not a huge threat to my fixer, but when you get 20 + of them, which you will, it's a nightmare. Classifying this as a recon-intel mission where brute force is punished harshly (which it is) would be ideal. Give those folks with the great crowd control (or massive AoE kiting ability of an NT) something to do while the more brute force tactic folks would do something different.

Still happy over all with the missions and I'll keep taking this one until I can finally do it and report back at what point my fixer was able to handle the mobs.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast