Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on daily missions

Dunno how many people have said this before... but make it so you dont have to talk to that DAMN handler when u delete mission .. I just missed mish because I deleted one yesterday (the ai mish clearing which was TOO hard for me as 112 froob doc) and IMO I didnt see anything after I deleted the mish so I logged out. It soocks.
    Juhan - 199 enf
    Zozikel - 180 advy
    Haabalaka - 177 doc
    Ladies - 176 doc
    Gentlemen - 199 crat
    Hesburger - 176 soldier
    + more alts

Quote Originally Posted by Xercia View Post
    This is where my suggestion for types of missions comes in. I'd most certinly not make this a head on mission. Lets face it, going head on here is suicide at the level they give it to you. One on one, even 4 on one, the shadows are not a huge threat to my fixer, but when you get 20 + of them, which you will, it's a nightmare. Classifying this as a recon-intel mission where brute force is punished harshly (which it is) would be ideal. Give those folks with the great crowd control (or massive AoE kiting ability of an NT) something to do while the more brute force tactic folks would do something different.
    Did this mission 4 times so far by enfo (pulled it at levels 75-84). It's very easy - just get map reader upgrade: monsters and set waypoint. last time I killed like 10 shades total.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Quote Originally Posted by candle645_ View Post
    Did this mission 4 times so far by enfo (pulled it at levels 75-84). It's very easy - just get map reader upgrade: monsters and set waypoint. last time I killed like 10 shades total.
    When you get to the point you need to use the item and there are 20+ shades spawned immediatly ontop of it, your going to have to kill more than 10 shades total. And even tho my armor brings their damage down to the bare minimum my hots + evades cannot hold up under the attacks of 20+ mobs of equal level, and I'm sitting on over 600 evade before limber goes up + 205 aad.

I am sure one day I might get a pull on that one that has no shades spawned in the vicinity of the quest item, but so far there have been hordes of them and their aggro radius is rather large. I've pulled one back out of my beamers range from others, shot it, and still pulled aggro from his friends.

This is just a situation where everyone is getting different results it seems. Myself I have had no problems with the alien ship mission but I hear people complaining about that one alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercia View Post
    Well back again. Few things slowly cropping up as I level that I am starting to understand how many people can become frustrated with some of these. Particularly if going into them expecting to beable to do them solo.
    Extraction missions seem to be only solo. You don't get a key to copy and the instance is locked to those that don't have the mission.
    Last edited by NaimahDolgoth; May 17th, 2010 at 17:05:55.

A suggestion/feedback for FC on these daily missions ...

Can you please start taking statistics on the following (if you aren't already):

1. Which missions people are cancelling as soon as they get them (for me these are ones I have pulled before and failed at so I see no need to fail again or they take sooo long or are sooo frustrating to complete that I don't want to repeat them).

2. How many times people fail/delete a mission and don't return to agency to clear it? You should see this by how long the "go back to agency" mission is active before it is cleared.

3. How long between pulling a given mission and when it is successfully completed? Of course this won't tell you if the toon had outside assistance.

I think if you/FC can collect these statistics or similar ones maybe you will see which of the daily missions are causing frustrations and which are working to improve game-play and therefore increase your customer base.

Comments on this thread are one sided in my opinion and don't include feedback from the majority of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    A suggestion/feedback for FC on these daily missions ...

Can you please start taking statistics on the following (if you aren't already):

1. Which missions people are cancelling as soon as they get them (for me these are ones I have pulled before and failed at so I see no need to fail again or they take sooo long or are sooo frustrating to complete that I don't want to repeat them).

2. How many times people fail/delete a mission and don't return to agency to clear it? You should see this by how long the "go back to agency" mission is active before it is cleared.

3. How long between pulling a given mission and when it is successfully completed? Of course this won't tell you if the toon had outside assistance.

I think if you/FC can collect these statistics or similar ones maybe you will see which of the daily missions are causing frustrations and which are working to improve game-play and therefore increase your customer base.
    Excellent ideas.

Comments on this thread are one sided in my opinion and don't include feedback from the majority of players.
    This seems rather dismissive. Not really sure what this is supposed to mean.

Safe to assume they are collecting all that data already.

Quote Originally Posted by NaimahDolgoth View Post
    Probably that a discussion forum for the game will always have a skewed representation of the player base. Many people who have stopped actively playing still hang around on the forums and offer opinions on things they've never tried. It's also easy for a loud minority to draw a disproportionate amount of attention. If you want to know what the people actually playing the game think, you will need to ask them in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    We all assumed that Means stating (well over a year ago) that the website was being taken away from the marketing department, so it would be revamped & updated regularly from then on.

Look how wonderful that has turned out.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by NaimahDolgoth View Post
    Excellent ideas.

Simply that many paid players don't post to the forums for whatever reason and Froob players do not have access to these forums ...

Forums only reflect the views of people who like to post to forums, not the "general player base". If forum posts match the views of the general player base it is by accident, not because a representative sample of people post to the forums.

Thanks for your feedback on my list of ideas

Colrain

Froob players do not have access to these forums ...
    That is not true. I am posting here with my froob account, not the paid account that is frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    That is not true. I am posting here with my froob account, not the paid account that is frozen.
    Wow!!! That is great! I had thought you needed a paid account to post to these forums. At least that was the rule awhile ago, guess FC changed it.

Colrain

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Well I hope they are ...

However, I don't think I would assume that they collect mission delete data by mission, for example. Or, how long it takes people to realize they need to go back to the agency handler to admit to their defeat/delete.

Colrain

Wow!!! That is great! I had thought you needed a paid account to post to these forums. At least that was the rule awhile ago, guess FC changed it.

Colrain
    I believe forums accounts were granted to froobs since October 2009.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I guess the common understanding of these daily missions is to solo them. Certain missions are pretty difficult for that, others are viable for this assumption.

So far, I did my daily missions on my enfo (level ~90-120, decent equip for a leveling char) and one on my 100 trader (who is partially twinked up), both are froobs.

Out of all these missions, the CoH and SD kill lists are the most horrible. Mobs with high HP and decent damage for their levels, high potential of multiple aggro, tight spaces which are annoying for 3rd person camera view and potential hazards like trains from other players doing their missions make the dailies in there an awful experience. Whenever I get these I instantly delete the mission, because the "ROI" is pretty low.

On my enfo I had the "Embrace the Shadows" mission, which I thought was ok, but I can imagine that certain professions have likely problems there (i.e. I helped a froob soldier with it).

Also on my enfo I had this nano program test mission. Getting close to the mission NPCs starts a nice 100 HP-tick DoT; luckily my enfo has enough HPs to go through all that wall of text (no idea if you can shortcut it by telling the scientist to just remove the **** nano). Mission itself is very easy if you have a yalm.

The last mission in the list on my enfo was the "Place the bomb" mission on an alien ship. Going into unknown territory I buffed myself with RRFE and additional ACs, which turned out to be a good idea. Even though the mobs were green to orange, they hit pretty hard; careful pulling keeps you from most trouble, but at one point I had 3 on me; Assault Tank to the rescue. All in all I thought it was ok, but I've run into an almost 60 froob trader who faced the same thing, and despite essence + RRFE failed at it thanks to the high damage the mobs deal (and the mobs were orange to red to him on top of all that; no idea if he was teamed while he pulled the mission).

On my trader I've run the Milky Way crash site killing mission, which was totally easy on her. However, I've met another trader there (like 15 levels or so lower), who had problems with the final (120-130?) mobs.

Summing it up it needs a bit more fine tuning in terms of difficulty (at least where possible, see alien mission for this trader). Also, I would suggest offering single and team dailies so places like CoH, SD etc. can be shifted to the team ones (and if that is not possible / too much work, at least lower the chance to get these missions by a great deal).

Anyway, the dailies are a good idea and a nice change to all the other stuff one can do in AO, even more so because the missions don't follow all the same scheme. Thanks for that!

Omni side Extraction daily ive had it about 4 times and 2 of those there was no clan npc to talk with inside the mish.

After zoning out and in again the npc was there tho.

Also no one i know really does the smugglers den mishes.
    We all just delete it so might aswell remove it from the pull-list or whats it called -.-
    Kirnash 220/30/70 Solja
    Rawenwood 220/30/70 Advy
    Stabius 220/26/70 Shade
    Ebenezer 220/25/66 MA
    Zinrax 220/24/70 Crat
    Xintra 220/22/6x Engi
    Gladiatorix 174/??/?? Enfo

OK, I thought the idea of deleting a mission you weren't able to solo or reasonably complete was to give you a chance of another mission after the 18 hour cool down.

Not so!

I have 3 alts all stuck on the same mission after 5 days deleting the given mission, namely the Smuggler's Den, Crypt of Home and Mantis ones, where all the mobs are significantly "red" to my characters and a struggle to cope with a single mob - multiples mean a fast route back to the Insurance Terminal.

A deleted mission should give you a normal chance of another type, not exactly the same one and with 12 . . . . yes 12 repeats of the original offered mission, there is something not right with the daily missions offered in respect to deleting them.

Other then this disturbing trend, I have been enjoying other missions with different level characters, some more challanging than other, but a welcome range of types and locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Drmurskain View Post
    on my 146 froob, i got mission to kill 100 rollerrats at serenity islands. You cant use RK treatment/firstaid kits there, which makes it way too hard for froobs :/
    Easy daily mish, go in a yalm and aggro alot of rats, fly to the machine and they are dead.
    Do that 3 till 6 times and you got 100 rats easy, without hitting or healing.

Boring mish and got this mish 5 days on a row.

Seems level around 120 get this one all the time.
    Level 130+ get all the time the Den mish to open a crate or to kill 3 different mobs 10 times.
    Level 80+ gets all the time the CoH mish killing 3 mobs for 8 times.

It's getting boring to get always the same daily mishes.
    Some say it's great because you level, but where is the fun then???

My experience with dailies so far.

OMNI SIDE EXTRACTION:
    Delete.
    My agent is 150 and they are orangish-red, social, have really high hps and hit like mac trucks. I can sneak past them but once I trip the npc there are now double the bodyguards and the npc attacks them all.

On my 150ish NT I can calm my way through but npc attacks them which means I still have to kill them. This usually ends with the npc getting killed or I pull aggro and die.

KILL SMUGGLER MOBS (IN ORDER):
    Delete.
    Impossible to do solo. Not worth the time or effort trying to get a group since it takes HOURS due to standing around waiting for respawns even if no one else is around.

SMUGGLERS LOOT:
    Doable with NT(calms), doable with Agent(sneak) but he dies as soon as he opens a crate which is a quick return to Rome so meh.

INFESTATION (100 Roller Rats):
    Doable without any problem. NEEDS A COUNTER! Seriously. Put a counter so you know how many you have killed or tell you when you have killed enough.

PLANT THE BOMB:
    Doable. Sneak past the mobs. Find a spot behind one of the pillars and plant the bomb. They were yellow but hit for over 900 damage per hit. Social. Stupid if this is supposed to be solo.

I haven't gotten this with my NT yet so don't know how calms are going to work on the aliens.

SUBWAY(Kill mobs in order):
    Pulled this with my 24 Doc. Cake at that level since I think the missions are organized in 25 level blocks. 1-25, 26-50, etc. The "Kill in order" isn't quite as bad on this one as long as you know where the mobs are.

"GUINEA PIG MISSIONS":
    These are the ones that put a DOT on you and you have to get to a remote npc to have it removed before it kills you. I've had no trouble with these since I have yalms on my NT and Agent but if you don't have a Yalm or access to fgrid you might as well delete it. The remoteness and the amount of time you are going to spend healing yourself while you try to get there is going to be a frustrating time sink.

OVERVIEW:
    I'm sure I've pulled more missions but these are the ones that stick in my head.

What confuses the hell out of me is AO has this awesome ability to scale missions to your level so why in the world do the dailies not take advantage of this to scale these missions, especially the instanced ones, to an acceptable level?

Seriously, if it wasn't for the fact that your eventually going to pull a mission that is IMPOSSIBLE to complete, and blow 18 hours before you can try pulling another IMPOSSIBLE missions, the dailies would be perfect.

As it stands right now the 18 hour wait if you cancel/delete a mission that is impossible for you to complete just frustrates the hell out of me and really overshadows any real enjoyment I get out of pulling a mission that I can actually complete.

Just my 2cents.

"Entering 'Neut Quest HQ'"

How about "Curious Antiques Shop" ?

Clan and Omni ones should say something like "Freelancers Clan(Omni) Offices"

No need for the simplistic, banal names. People will know or figure out what is there.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast