Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on daily missions

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    any done the lowbish..lv84 daily mish for getting/looting the items form the Shadow?

tons of shadow mobs and how many glow items one have to loot? or how do you know if you've looted it? /stuck.../delete mish after 5 attempts and waiting for next 18hrs
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx55 View Post
    I got the same mission "Embrace the Shadows" and honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to do...

Buffing my conceal/perception (as well as searching for hidden stuff) doesn't seem to do anything, there doesn't seem to be any chests or obviously lootable objects on the ground, and cleaning the place of mobs did nothing since they don't seem to drop anything other than the usual trash. Is there an obvious trick to this that I'm missing?

[QUOTE=candle645_;5783563]It looks like pile of junk on the ground and you need to r-click it and wait ~10sec to get mission completed. I had to bring high-level toon to find it and set map marker when got this mission on my tl3 enfo. Conceal/perception is just hint that some profs might need to sneak instead clearing shades all the way

QUOTE]

I don't know what your perception skills were when you did this mission: "Embrace of Shadows"

I just pulled with lvl 91 adventurer with 458 perception with self vision buff and self eagle eye buff running no outside buffs except gsf. The mission area is a new zone south of ICC, once inside you can't see yourself on the planet map. You cross over into this new zone at the mission X from Andromeda.

You are right, search for hidden items does not help. Not sure you need to kill shades, except if they see you they attack. Found the pile of "glow in the dark" loot inside the center of a grove of trees with trees on the edge of circle/grove so close together could hardly fit thru. For me grove was mostly due south from where I entered the zone.

And yes, you have to click on pile of loot to activate it, think I double clicked, not sure. To leave area you need to find zone border shaded white, not red, and then zone a second time to get to known RK map space.

Hope that helps

Colrain

The inner zone where the shades are is called Uturn Forest, the outer zone or the first zone you enter when traveling south from ICC is called Uturn Canyon.

Did this mission a second time with different toon, the "glow in the dark" loot was not in same spot, but a similar spot.
    Last edited by Colrain; May 19th, 2010 at 22:37:03. Reason: zone name

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    I don't know what your perception skills were when you did this mission: "Embrace of Shadows"
    I did this on my enforcer with no perception skilled and no perception implanted or buffed, either. You have this more or less randomly planted junk "item" placed on the ground, which you have to click. From my own experience the mission doesn't succeed until I got rid of all aggro beforehand, but I may have got interrupted before the "click-on-junk"-action completed (didn't check the chat text).

The first time I did this mission I wasted quite some time to actually finish it, because I thought that with each zoning you got into the "next" level of the mission, and the goal was somewhere in the last (most southern) zone. This is wrong. The junk item is, at least in the missions I did (and helped with), always in the second (middle, and largest) zone, usually within a bigger crowd of shadows.

Thinking about it, I also had the save-the-enigma-sprout-mission, which I succeeded at one time and failed the next iteration. The first time a crat was doing the mission aswell, so all the fighting between the sprout and the dark enigmas was ceased, offering the chance the pick the darks one by one. The second time I was there mongo got me aggro from all (including the sprout), and obviously the sprout got most of the dark kills, which rendered the whole mission void (have to kill 3 dark enigmas). No new darks were spawned even after re-zoning, so I deleted that mission in the end. Btw. at the levels I got this mission the dark enigmas are pretty heavy hitters.

Eremite mish was done with a level 18-20 MA clan doc

THE BAD

Pulled the same mish for the eremites over and over and if I need to come back at a diff level to get a diff mish just let me know OK!! I dont want to keep doing that mish no matter the tokens and xp i got.

Dont like not knowing where to get the BS mishes from and wish that you made it a little easier to find out how to do things in AO without having to ask around soooo much( a little much is good imho)

The first eremite ran WEST into the side of the mountanous terrain and was not reachable by my MA doc. But when were terrain issues solvable anyways!!

THE GOOD

Liked using the thumper to call the worms.......errrrr the thingie to push the eremites out of the ground. Put it in my hot bar and had a hoot running around to find them.

Love the small grahic changes with the rings and SL imp mob parts.

Killing stuff doing the living armor quest in the Aegean was cool as I found some new parts on the mobs I hadnt seen before.

Like that you added tokens to those mishes.

Like the new subway and the fact is very easy now to get a vagabond cloak.

Like that euminy is deep in the sub now but will miss noblets running around dying trying to get away from him.

Its all good, except for the bad.

Later
    Last edited by Nobeznohoney; May 19th, 2010 at 06:23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    You actually expect people who want to play a game to read trough tons of guides and info before they can even play? Seriously??
    When i tried EvE, this is exactly what i did, and it was actually quite entertaining. It really get me into the game knowing what people could do out of this game, there were so much to learn, etc, it makes you want to try all the things you read about by yourself.

AO isn't as much of a "sandbox" as EvE, but i believe noobies could very well enjoy the learning aspect as well.

On the other hand, when i started playing, it was my 1st MMO, and i never ever felt the need to read guides. I was super gimp, froob, clueless, and still having lot of fun. I didn't feel the urge to "compete" with other old veterans, but maybe it is maybe cause AO was my 1st MMO experience. In EvE, i did want to compete with vets asap, indeed.

I think my main point is that if you are actually required to read forums to accomplish basic tasks, the actual game has failed somewhere along the line

On another note, like someone mentioned earlier regarding the mantis den missions.
    I know no one who actually does them. Everyone just deletes them, curses at the wasted opportunity and moves on. They are not worth the time and effort to do. Even just getting there takes longer to do without a fixer than completing most of the other missions. And then you need to spend hours camping mobs.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    On another note, like someone mentioned earlier regarding the mantis den missions.
    I know no one who actually does them. Everyone just deletes them, curses at the wasted opportunity and moves on. They are not worth the time and effort to do. Even just getting there takes longer to do without a fixer than completing most of the other missions. And then you need to spend hours camping mobs.
    I did the early TL4 mantis killing mission. Will do it again if it comes up. It took about an hour on a 112 trader, including travel time. I was utterly clueless about the dungeon, so I proceeded very carefully. Next time will probably be considerably quicker as I know where to find the mobs.

So far I've completed every daily mission the agency has offered me, even when I got the Plumbo XXX leaflet distribution for the third time. The rewards are great, and even the more boring missions beat inf grinding any time.

Illegal Cargo
    Description:
    Illegal Cargo

The Smugglers Den is filled with illegal activity, but the company has little solid evidence. Your assignment is to locate the crates in the hangar and bring back a sample of their goods.

Breaking and Entring skill will make your job easier, but it's not a requirement.

_____

Just figured I'd give it a go on a 149 non-uber twink Enforcer. Took me 1 hour to slowly grind my way down and into the heart of the Smugglers Den. Door opened to the Pilots room. Dog bit me, Aggroed the entire room and I wiped.

Missions which require you to Raid a dungeon should not be given out to unteamed people. That's my opinion.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Illegal Cargo
    Description:
    Illegal Cargo

The Smugglers Den is filled with illegal activity, but the company has little solid evidence. Your assignment is to locate the crates in the hangar and bring back a sample of their goods.

Breaking and Entring skill will make your job easier, but it's not a requirement.

_____

Just figured I'd give it a go on a 149 non-uber twink Enforcer. Took me 1 hour to slowly grind my way down and into the heart of the Smugglers Den. Door opened to the Pilots room. Dog bit me, Aggroed the entire room and I wiped.

Missions which require you to Raid a dungeon should not be given out to unteamed people. That's my opinion.

or ...

you could do what everyone seems to do for this mish ...

remember your totw days ? if not, FC thoughtfully provided a "Rats!" daily to practice your training skills.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

lvl 130 froob trader got: 1x serenity rollerrats (no probs) 9x different smugglers den quests (1 try, but since crate can't be opened in fight... pointless. staight deleted)
    in contrast lvl 212 agent got the easy ones: 1x locate bars, 1x enigma dog, 4x serenity rollerrats, 4x shop lifter...

btw. the elite aipf quest gave no aixp. intended? (done with lvl 212)

About the Enigma Dog mission:

I thought I'd mention this: I accidentally used the Charged Nano Critter on a dog while still in a yalm, which resulted in me getting the Enigma Dog Charm Control in my NCU but failed to charm the dog - leaving me with a 30 minute wait until I could retry. Please fix it so that the nano doesn't run if the charm isn't successful!

Great job btw on these missions. I know there are many complaints but I for one am roundly satisfied with them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomflower View Post
    lvl 130 froob trader got: 1x serenity rollerrats (no probs) 9x different smugglers den quests (1 try, but since crate can't be opened in fight... pointless. staight deleted)
    erm ....

Those daily are pretty easy with a calmer though !?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

re: illegal cargo

Easy to do on a calming prof

For other profs, I get proper OSB's(RRFE/GSF/Behe/Omni-Med/HoT) then train to one of the boxes, then fast log out.

Log back in a little later and only have one gun and maybe 2 other mobs to kill before I can get into the cargo box.

ok, calming is a good point, thx. will try next time.
    have to admit that this trader is only for wrangle and mopa conversion and was mostly leveled dual logged on follow...

47 Froob trader. I got this mission:

Code:
    Grid Runner: Old Athens
    Description:
    Grid Runner: Old Athens

The Grid is Rubi-Ka's virtual highway. Your body can be encoded into digital form and travel from any location to another on the planet. Since creation the grid has experienced temporary disturbances, source unknown. 

You are commissioned to complete a routine check of the grid itself, assuring it's running stable.

You need to have trained computer literacy to be able to do this.

Use the Matrix Grid Stream in the following places:

The Grid
    West Athens Grid Terminal
    The Grid
    ICC Grid Terminal
    The Grid
    Old Athens Grid Terminal
    Took 5 minutes tops...

On both previous days I pulled an impossible mission to go kill hyenas and hammerheads in Wailing Wastes. The hyenas never spawn and you get pwned by the higher mobs while u wait.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Anyone notice how after lvl 200 we seem to get more passive missions? That is before hand we're usually killing stuff or sneaking around to do things which may include planting a bomb so we can kill stuff. After 200 I get missions to pass out beer fliers, hack shops which I can do in a vacant Omni city (Omni-Ent), train a pet dog or an elite one where I play a game of tag (tag the Dread item camp bosses).

Quote Originally Posted by Sferyl View Post
    The second time I was there mongo got me aggro from all (including the sprout), and obviously the sprout got most of the dark kills, which rendered the whole mission void (have to kill 3 dark enigmas). No new darks were spawned even after re-zoning, so I deleted that mission in the end. Btw. at the levels I got this mission the dark enigmas are pretty heavy hitters.
    So long as you stay parked at the mission way point they will respawn, it just takes about twenty minutes or so. Made some suggestions as to how to adjust this mission earlier in the thread.

An added annoyance here is when multiple people show up. Of course they don't want to team so people just end up fighting over kills and people bring their 220s along. Add a twenty minute or so respawn on these mobs and it's just plain annoying. May have been better to make this like the place the bomb and rollerrat one where you get sent to some mini-instanced zone through the teleporter.

Repeated daily missions that were deleted - mk2

A deleted mission should give you a normal chance of another type, not exactly the same one and with 12 . . . . yes 12 repeats of the original offered mission, there is something not right with the daily missions offered in respect to deleting them.

Now running at 15 repeat missions and that was after levelling one alt as someone suggested, to try and open a new table of missions - 3 alts with 3 x 6 exactly the same missions is no longer a random mission - just bugged.

I think someone had brought up the idea of ensuring the next mission is not a repeat of the previous day's, looking like a winning suggestion to me! Not being able to solo a group mission area every other day would be preferable to not being able to do it each time I try for a do-able mission.

Come on, sort this out please . . .

probably mentioned before, but when you delete a mish, it would be very nice if the 18h countdown starts immeaditaly and not after you talked to the mish agency...so annoying if you forget it and after 18h you find out you have to wait another 18h

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Illegal Cargo
    Description:
    Illegal Cargo

_____

If you get this mission again ... the crate to open is way before the pilot's room. I found in that first area where map turns to grey after going thru the spot marked "entrance to smuggler's den" in the ao-universe guide ... way before you turn your path south towards the pilot's room. Had mission twice between my toons so far and found in same spot both times.

Colrain

Quote Originally Posted by trysloob View Post
    About the Enigma Dog mission:

I thought I'd mention this: I accidentally used the Charged Nano Critter on a dog while still in a yalm, which resulted in me getting the Enigma Dog Charm Control in my NCU but failed to charm the dog - leaving me with a 30 minute wait until I could retry. Please fix it so that the nano doesn't run if the charm isn't successful!

Great job btw on these missions. I know there are many complaints but I for one am roundly satisfied with them so far.
    I'm not sure what level you are doing this at, but for me I don't even bother to charm the dog anymore. I just kill the balls myself (wow, that is a sentence that just doesn't sound right when I read it back). Mish still updates and they aren't bad on the ol XP either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    I just kill the balls myself (wow, that is a sentence that just doesn't sound right when I read it back)r.
    It's better when you mention their color too.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast