Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on daily missions

That they want to try to get us to go here and there is nice and all, although the kill related ones can be a real pain in the ass. If it's an outdoor one or some dungeon with no lvl lock (or you can warp in someone of any lvl) then we keep getting the same old thing. Along comes a 220 with some lower lvl in tow charging along one hit killing stuff, training and so on. Then there's the fr00bs, lower lvls, people doing these supposedly solo missions solo and so forth getting screwed because of it. Tag ones of desirable mobs like the Dread camp bosses can be a pain when they have a long respawn delay as well. Remember how annoying the tag Newbie Island bosses mission could be when in a busy instance and before they shortened their respawn timer?

If it's stuff like that one where you are to kill lvl 70 or so cyborgs for parts it's not as bad as there's no specific ones to kill there's a good number of them and their respawn rate is decent. So everyone just runs around killing everything to check for loot without too many problems. Although when it's stuff you're to kill in order, in an area where you have to be careful at your lvl and/or the mobs have longer respawn delays (like the foggy hill enigmas) it's just not going to work that well. Then if it's a problem now when our population isn't that great what about if our population got a nice boost after the rebalance, new player experience and new engine are in? As much of a hassle it may be now it's just going to be worse then.

Instead of kill specific stuff in an open area missions what if it was more of a find item task? Like say check out the CoH chest or something like that. If it's a kill one then make it more general rather than specific and only for stuff with a decent spawn rate and population volume. That or like some of the ones we have now let it send you into some private instance.

Got the Rats missions finally. Frankly I was underwhelmed with it. On a 220 it was boring. The fact there is no counter of how many you have killed just sucks. I have to say while the reward made it worth it I found the whole mission distasteful.

The Shop-Lifter mission has issues. How many QL200 advance surgery clinics do I actually need? Well it would be nice if the last two stages game something else.

Still only got 4 missions for my 220 so far. Lots and lots of scooplets. Lots of shop lifter. A few fliers to the bars and the one time at rats. When I say lots of scooplets, I mean I am at the delete the mission I am so tired of it point.

As for DOJA chips. I find the fighting over somphos logee in inf to be fun actually. Though it does take way to many kills to get a chip. Upwards of 200 one night. So when you are fighting for kills it can turn into an all night affair.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

If they plan to keep the current missions requiring specific rare'ish mobs to be killed, I think it would help if the missions were to be changed from one mission of "kill X of Y different mobs in order" to Y missions of "kill X mobs of this type". That would allow players to kill them out of order, resulting in an easier & more relaxing experience if they are not the only player in the area.

example:

Currently:
    Single mission in location blah, blah, blah:
    Kill 5 of mob A & once completed...
    Kill 5 of mob B & once completed...
    Kill 5 of mob C & once completed...
    Kill 5 of mob D & once completed...
    Kill 5 of mob E & once completed...
    Kill 5 of mob F & once completed see handler for reward

Should be:
    mission 1 in location blah, blah, blah:
    Kill 5 of mob A

mission 2 in location blah, blah, blah:
    Kill 5 of mob B

mission 3 in location blah, blah, blah:
    Kill 5 of mob C

mission 4 in location blah, blah, blah:
    Kill 5 of mob D

mission 5 in location blah, blah, blah:
    Kill 5 of mob E

mission 6 in location blah, blah, blah:
    Kill 5 of mob F

Mission 7
    once other blah, blah, blah missions are completed, see handler for reward
    Last edited by tazalanche; May 20th, 2010 at 04:59:28.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Like say check out the CoH chest or something like that.

I smell disaster coming from the follow-up mission:

Open the CoH chest!

First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    As for DOJA chips. I find the fighting over somphos logee in inf to be fun actually. Though it does take way to many kills to get a chip. Upwards of 200 one night. So when you are fighting for kills it can turn into an all night affair.
    Keep in mind that people lvl 200-220 are fighting over those mobs in Inf. With 200-220 being a fair stretch and how many leave a lot of research to that range that'll be a good number of people relative to the whole lvling population hunting chips in Inf. Right now even with our population temporarily increased through the current free 30 day offer bringing some people back the population in AO is still low. While you may not think it's too bad now, think of what it'd be like if we had a larger population.

Another thing is that a lvl 220 damage dealer based prof finishing off some research can zip along through those lower lvl mobs in fairly quick succession. Although what of the poor lvl 200 or so chars with profs that are not great for damage dealing? Part way through their kill along comes one of those 220s and they loose loot rights. Should the population be higher there could be many such 220 or so chars hunting away so that would be a regular and frustrating thing.

These things are meant for all lvls of chars, they're not some elite item reserved for the few. Although especially once you get to the lower lvl 200 range your ability to get them just doesn't work too well. Then if only a select few mobs drop them with a slow respawn rate it does not translate well should we have a larger population. Replacing the DOJA chips with some SL daily missions may be better, functionally they are the same thing anyhow.

Out of the missions so far the one I delete now on sight is the COH one, a nightmare to do in so many ways. The other ones seem fine but the order you need to kill things shouldn't be sequential.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragam View Post
    Out of the missions so far the one I delete now on sight is the COH one, a nightmare to do in so many ways. The other ones seem fine but the order you need to kill things shouldn't be sequential.
    This x1000. I actually decided, for the heck of it, to give it a go last night on a lowbie agent after avoiding it a few times.

I want those 2 hours of my life back. Didn't even complete the mission because I got trained at the end

I could just dual log my engineer and leave the lowbie afk at the entrance, get all the mob kills in a matter of minutes. Somehow I don't think that's the intention for the daily mishes but after experiences like I had today, is it any wonder that's what people do?

It's a total contrast to the Biomare missions which are much less frustrating and as a consequence I'm happy to do with characters whose level fits the intended range of the place, principally becasue of the dungeon design (for example, the camera bugs out in only one tunnel in biomare, as opposed to the 80% of CoH). Time for a CoH revamp methinks.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    or ...

you could do what everyone seems to do for this mish ...

remember your totw days ? if not, FC thoughtfully provided a "Rats!" daily to practice your training skills.
    Can't open the chest if in combat - So training don't *really* work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    re: illegal cargo

Easy to do on a calming prof

For other profs, I get proper OSB's(RRFE/GSF/Behe/Omni-Med/HoT) then train to one of the boxes, then fast log out.

Log back in a little later and only have one gun and maybe 2 other mobs to kill before I can get into the cargo box.
    I'm sure you see the problem with this. While it works, I doubt this was the intended way to do have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    If you get this mission again ... the crate to open is way before the pilot's room. I found in that first area where map turns to grey after going thru the spot marked "entrance to smuggler's den" in the ao-universe guide ... way before you turn your path south towards the pilot's room. Had mission twice between my toons so far and found in same spot both times.

Colrain
    I didn't know that there was more then once chest, actually. I'll need to go and take a look because the only one I knew of was in the pilot's room.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Sending a lvl 25 character to kill mobs up to lvl 60+.. fun fun.. not!
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

It is completely understandable for someone to delete the CoH daily mission upon receipt. When the first step after arriving in a dungeon for a SOLO daily mission is to have someone help you open the door, the mission creator needs to go back to elementary/primary school for a refresh on basic arithmetic.

1 + 1 = 2

2 does not equal solo
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    the mission creator needs to go back and actually play Anarchy Online.
    fixed.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    It is completely understandable for someone to delete the CoH daily mission upon receipt. When the first step after arriving in a dungeon for a SOLO daily mission is to have someone help you open the door, the mission creator needs to go back to elementary/primary school for a refresh on basic arithmetic.

1 + 1 = 2

2 does not equal solo
    Well you can actually open the door using one toon, the major problem is the darn quest chain etc, you level way faster just cancelling it and pulling 2 regulars.

Well you can actually open the door using one toon
    How?

Last time I checked you have to pull two triggers in different rooms at the same time, then run back to the main room and to the door.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    How?

Last time I checked you have to pull two triggers in different rooms at the same time, then run back to the main room and to the door.

Speed (until FC nerfs it with rebalancing).

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    How?

It's possible, just not easy as you have to move really fast. Which of course at the lvl chars would receive CoH daily missions is faster than they are capable of moving I imagine.

Easiest way in is to get warped through the door. A ways back warping used to drop you at the warper's feet, now you pop up a ways ahead of them. Still would need two chars for that though.

There's various daily missions that a char of the lvl that got it wouldn't be able to handle it on their own too well. As others have said there should be set team and solo daily missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I didn't know that there was more then once chest, actually. I'll need to go and take a look because the only one I knew of was in the pilot's room.
    Unless there is more than one find a sample of the illegal stuff from a locked chest in the smuggler's den mission ...

I had twice with my level 133 - 135 fixer. The second time I tried the second crate in the same room and there was another of the item to bring back, unique so I could not loot the 2nd one.

Colrain

prolly sayed like 100 times earlier, but smugler den mishes with non tweaked 120 toon aint so fun, tryed it with semi twinked 150 ma and it was still pritty hard. And there are atleast 3 different mishes in smugs (and like normal, ill get allmost all mishes to there with my lowbies, i start be pissing :P) junior gives allmost every times bar round to my higher toons, that ok but damn boring. I wanna alien mishes to those highers too

edit: Ofc i can run those lowbie smugler mishes with my 220 crat but i think thats not the idea for these mishes
    Last edited by korvaoo; May 21st, 2010 at 06:56:48.

the chance of missi is probably not true.
    I have very often the case with chars in the same level when they go shortly after they get the same missi.
    will not change definitieve always the same machen.hab the feeling that they date after the decision of pulling so at 9 always 2 times the 2 and 11 times the.
    can be deceiving, but I'm determined every two days when I direckt umloge to draw with the other.
    fixed please.
    Ps my english is bad so I use software to translate.
    greeting

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Speed (until FC nerfs it with rebalancing).
    Hm, are your really talking about a lvl 80-85 toon?

You also have to clean out the entrance room and the two side rooms with the buttons first. It can happen that you get respawned mobs because that takes a while on lvl 80 toons.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Got this one on a lvl 110 char the other day. Saw some problems as well, most of which you mentioned.
    1. When I first got there I ran in circles for a while and couldn't find the related mob. For the heck of it and as I thought I remembered reading that I should on the forums I went right to the mission way point which is when they spawned.
    2. The Dark Enigmas (lvl 120 mobs) will attack each other as well as the Sprout and you plus can do some good damage. Unless you or your group can do some fairly decent damage yourself you won't be able to get credited for three kills out of the four that spawn before the Sprout or other Dark Enigmas do too much damage meaning you'd have to wait through multiple spawn cycles.
    3. After you kill your three Dark Enigmas you get a new mission to check on the status of the Enigma Sprout (find mob type). This mission only lasts for about a minute before it dies and you get the kill mission again.
    4. After the Dark Enigmas are all dead the Enigma Sprout wanders about for about ten minutes before despawning. About five to ten minutes later a new batch can spawn. Killing the sprout doesn't speed the process up it seems.

For fixes I'd suggest.
    1. Either make the Enigmas spawn and despawn on independent cycles or add some hint or note that you're to go right to that spot to get them to show up.
    2. Beef up the Enigma Sprout so it can take more punishment but gimp its damage and keep Dark Enigmas from attacking each other, may not be a bad idea to gimp their damage a bit. This should especially be done if you want chars with wimpy damage (fr00b healer docs come to mind) to do this mission solo.
    3. Bump up the length of time you have that check on the Enigma Sprout mission. If you have one or more Dark Enigmas to fight yet, take a bit to notice the new mission then take a while to read what it says about a minute or so certainly isn't long enough. The real kick in the pants is that while it only lasts about a minute the Enigma Sprout will wander for about ten minutes.
    4. Reduce the period between potential respawns of the mobs.
    I tried this one last night with gimpy level 104 trader and help from my martial artist. We went thru two cycles in order to get credit for 3 dark enigma kills ... got the check on the sprout mission while we were killing last of second wave of enigma ... and we did check on sprout, he was fine ... I did not see the one minute timer though so can't confirm how long it took to check on him but we tried openning conversation to see if he was fine and only openned trade window. So ... no mission update, just a bored sprout. Also, we only got three dark enigma's for each spawn.

This mission needs fixing ...

Colrain

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast