Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on daily missions

Smile Noobs die on mission...

Damn, people! What I am reading here, is some Heck Noobs Whine like "I must WALK somewhere", "I Was killed by moob" oh, ah, oh!

Get a clue. its supossed to be hard. If you, heck n00bs dont know the game, the RubiKa, how and where to walk, how to handle some areas, you are noobs.

Took me (exacly) 11 minutes to finish TOTW mission, from pulling it. Took me around 45 minutes to finish Smuggs Mission.

This is mission, that will grant you a lvl reward (till lvl 100 afaik) for 1-2hrs of solo fun. You cant handle it? Try another way of lvling and dont Blame FunCom and AO Dev team for being n00b.

That - was to some players that complain about they are noobs w/o knowing it.

And, back on topic. DM are nice option with good idea of useing old content.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Exclamation Elite missions and lower levels

Currently, I notice that elite missions are only available for level 200+.

Also, it seems that a regular mission can be of the type "Kill CoH boss".

Why not implement these missions to be lowbie elite missions? Kill Aztur, kill the Lab Director, kill Hezak (well maybe not), kill the Mantis queen. This would mean two things:

- You couldn't pull a regular daily that's really out of your league as they are currently
    - Lower levels would have access to elite missions as well.

Feedback please.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I've done a few of the missions on different chars and all seems to be pretty good....the leaflet distribution one didn't seem to update the last mission map to Beer 'n' Booze but I just headed to Hope and completed the mission OK. I realise that some of the missions are a bit dodgy at the moment but mostly seem to be OK. Thanks guys

Hmm, I got mission to Eavesdrop a security chief in Lust Fields. Turns out to be that "eavesdropping" is really "eardropping" as you have to kill the chief to finish the mish. Not too bad to kill a level 175 mob with a 155 doc and all in all, the mish took less than 10 minutes to finish from start to end with a reward of ~7m XP and 14 tokens, not too bad..
    - Arc

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Currently, I notice that elite missions are only available for level 200+.

Also, it seems that a regular mission can be of the type "Kill CoH boss".

Why not implement these missions to be lowbie elite missions? Kill Aztur, kill the Lab Director, kill Hezak (well maybe not), kill the Mantis queen. This would mean two things:

- You couldn't pull a regular daily that's really out of your league as they are currently
    - Lower levels would have access to elite missions as well.

Feedback please.
    Love this idea.

/signed

As to my own personal issue with the daily mission (yes it's a complaint/possible bug)....

Pulled the Kill 3 Floater/3 bloater/3 x/3y/3z etc mission for Biomare. So I threw up an LFM knowing that I was not going to get deep enough into biomare at level 52 solo to complete the mission. Two hours later I get picked up by a team and we head in. We rush ourselves into the floater/bloater area and the three of us suddenly notice we are getting zero exp. Not, one, not two, but all three of us. I checked my xp settings as did the other two. All had exp gains enabled and we were all in teaming range (53, 60, 67) so should have been getting xp. Even against blood reds and Tri-whatever the bosses name is we got zero xp. To top it off, I never got mission progression despite dozens of floaters going down.

I did a petition about it but my power cut off a few minutes later and only just came back on. About to go check the status of the whole thing now.

Missions are just fine, for the amount of XP they reward you with. LOL @ whiners

Yes, it might force you to team ONE person to finish "solo" mission, but hey...
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    Missions are just fine, for the amount of XP they reward you with. LOL @ whiners

Yes, it might force you to team ONE person to finish "solo" mission, but hey...
    Honestly, all in all I agree, tho I think some of the lowbie missions could be tweaked to be their version of elite missions. Like killing the final boss in CoH or Killing Azutar, or how about the final guy in IS? Those could all qualify as pre-level 200 elite missions since apart from heavily twinked characters they would be a great challange and could be lots of fun.

My very first Daily was a raid on an alien ship that I had to blow up. I was level 51 when I went in an ended up fighting level 75 aliens. It was a blast, tho I did have to grab a few outside buffs to survive it since I'm not all that twinked out. 350+ hits on a level 51 fixer at the rate things hit in there is a bit rough but for the amount of xp I got, well worth taking the trip to reclaim (which showed me just what I was in for) then spending 5 minutes asking around to get a few buffs to go in and handle the situation.

Folks have to remember that they seem to be taking into account heavier twinking and outside buffs which if you have one or the other the missions are, in general, not that bad.

Some tho (Killing end bosses in certin dungeons) I think would make great lowbie elite missions and would extend the usefulness of this feature through out the level ranges instead of just 200+ and would allow sloobs/froobs the ability to partake in elite stuff on RK as well.

Just a thought

I find the missions to be good xp compared to effort. A few twinks needed, but all in all they are a velcome contribution.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Mantis mobs in den, the ones for the "kill 5 of each" quest, really need a better spawntime. 15 minutes or whatever they're at now just doesn't cut it

As far as my enfo got, at that point, there were no alternate routes. If the 200s were not supposed to been just a few rooms in from the entrance, then someone must have trained them there.
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.
    New content does not have to make old content obsolete.

any done the lowbish..lv84 daily mish for getting/looting the items form the Shadow?

tons of shadow mobs and how many glow items one have to loot? or how do you know if you've looted it? /stuck.../delete mish after 5 attempts and waiting for next 18hrs
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by nikkydkhick View Post
    As far as my enfo got, at that point, there were no alternate routes. If the 200s were not supposed to been just a few rooms in from the entrance, then someone must have trained them there.
    It's true the lvl 180 mantis are only a few rooms in the den. After the first room you get in a long corridor, somewhere in the middle of this you bump into a door, after that door are the 180 mantises. If you don't go trough the door but follow the corridor to the left you should have no trouble with them.

It's true that the layout of the dungeon no this part can be somewhat confusing, since you bump straight into the door in a bend of the corridor it's hard not to follow the most logical path.

So, VP mission is BS? wow FC thats a real slap in the face for pvmers, this is the closest ive been in 7 years to cancelling, FFS stop being so anal about pvmers who want a reasonable amount of VP!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Have any of you guys done the BS mission for VP?

I did it and actually got the mission complete for being on the losing side, as far as I could tell it seemed to trigger when a certain score had been reached and I got the mission complete music.

Now maybe this just bugged out on me, but maybe...maybe FC have worded it that you need to help your side win but actually all you need to do is to take part in a BS round.

If this is correct than I say well done for FC prompting people to go and try BS. Yeah you might not like BS but surely you could appreciate that this might be a way to ensure you get some VP each day by just signing up and taking part, regardless if your side wins or loses.

Just pulled one today on my 28 enforcer that had me trying to kill level 64 mobs in Wailing Wastes. Is this truly working as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    So, VP mission is BS? wow FC thats a real slap in the face for pvmers, this is the closest ive been in 7 years to cancelling, FFS stop being so anal about pvmers who want a reasonable amount of VP!
    I gotta say, i understand your point, but PvPers have always had to do a lot of PvM to get a bunch of equipment that they crave for , for PvP, it really shouldn't be so bad to joing BS every now and then to get some equipment faster for PvMers.

They have stated they plan on introducing new missions that give VP's but are not in the BS, they didn't give more details, but it's also likely they might involve PvP, as the OFAB gear was introduced with it's main way of aquiring being the BS, a PvP intended element. PvM means to get it were secondary, perhaps it's pvP intended encounter?

PvPers could complaint they want to get bots, top symbiants and lots of weapons/gear that require PvM encounters and even "raids" to be available via PvP.

Still locked out with blocker mish, hope they fix this soon

Thumbs down Been there, done it, fail it.

I tried two times
    - 150 Doc: "Go to Smugglers Den and take some stuff." Nice, 150 doc can't survive. Died many times ... (maybe it is team quest) -> quit

- 60 Keeper: "Do the Foreman's Office key quest". In the part "Kill Tri Blumbo" that quest didn't updated anymore. I did that part in team (none get any xp or update on that quest). -> quit

So I don't known hows these intended to work but Im not happy player...

So far, there seem to be a few common complaints about the daily missions; They are too hard, the locations are too remote, some of them require a team when they should be solo, missions for VPs require you to do a round of BS, they don't give enough XP/SK/AXP, and actual bugz in being able to complete the missions.

I'm personally an advocate of the daily missions. While I have run most of them in test (yes, I was one of those doing The Collector all night last night), I haven't tried many of them on the live server yet let me address these issues.

1) They are too hard. Since these missions are on RK, there is a real issue with this. It's a question of what is feasible for a sl00b toon versus a fr00b toon. As mentioned by one of the posters, requiring a fr00b enfo at 28 to kill level 64 mobs is asking a bit much. For a sl00b enfo, however, this is not all that hard particularly with RK mobs. If someone has a suggestion for how to make this level across this gap in equip/perks/etc., then make it. Otherwise, take a stroll through the forums and see how many "Keep this game hard!" threads there are. Once again, the devs are trying to adhere to the wishes of the part of the community that is most vocal.

2) The locations are too remote. Again, stroll through the forums and see how many "Revitalize RK!" posts there are. And complaints about how under-utilized all of these old dungeons and locations are. Look at all the posts of people saying, "I can go through whole zones of RK without seeing a single person." We asked for them to make RK relevant again, and they did. It would be nice to see some actual changes in these locations, but at least they are doing something to get people playing in more areas of RK than just the closest mish entrance to a grid point or whoompa.

3) Some of them require a team when they should be solo. This is actually a valid complaint since even for incredibly well equipped expansion toons it is virtually impossible to complete these missions. And there are areas that you need to go to which require a team by the game mechanics. However, FC is constantly pushing to make this game more team oriented than solo oriented and I can understand why. They want players to interact with each other in order to give them a greater sense of community. So for this, I would suggest that they make branches in the dialog for pulling missions that give you the option to run ones that are clearly soloable and ones which absolutely require a team (like APFs).

4) Missions for VP require you to enter BS. This is another case of you get what you wish for. FC has been pretty adamant about the fact that they are not going to hand out VPs to PvMers. It sucks, but I see no indication that they are going to change this policy. So, the complaint has always been, "Well, there's only two BS stations that run. All the rest are dead." It's obvious that the devs sat back and said, "Okay, we'll give everyone a reason to enter BS to get them up and running." It's a phail, yes. But a well meaning one.

5) They don't give enough XP/SK/AXP. These comments are generally followed by, "I can get more doing hecks, borgs, etc." Yes, you can. And you should. There was never, and I mean never, anything stated anywhere that said these would be the best and fastest way to level your toons. They were meant to be a way to break up the standard grind with something different and fun. I think FC scored well on this one. There is a ton of variety in these, the rewards are decent (while not spectacular), and they break up the standard grind nicely.

6) Actual bugz. Well, those just need to be fixed, obviously.

Personally, I give FC high marks for the daily missions. I believe that they were as well thought out and planned as they could be based on what we asked for. And by "we", I mean the most vocal segment of the forums. While that may not reflect the actual wishes of the AO population at large, it's hard to fault FC for giving us what they think we want. And the most important thing to remember is that these missions are completely modular, which means they can add new ones and revise old ones without endless down times and patches. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in store and am excited to see more players interacting together on RK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

I pulled the kill all the different mantises in Smuggler's Den on my gimply equipped level 108 Doc. I lol'ed and deleted the mission and now I have the blocker mission.

The difficulty of the missions seems to vary widely from trivial to impossible. I'm not sure if this is technically "broken". Perhaps some kind of compromise situation where if the player deletes or fails a mission, then they get a 6 hour lock-out instead of 18 hours, so they can try to pull an easier mission sooner?

Does anyone else have crazy bad lag in the Old Athen mission agency?
    Last edited by Lliers; May 5th, 2010 at 18:44:52.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast