Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on daily missions

I decided to try the daily missions as a test with a level 8 alt. The mission I got was to kill 3 of each of subway mobs .Well the first issue came because they changed around the subway so I could not even find muggers and when I did there were 4 all together that killed me ( level 8 just off noob island) . The next problem is that the second half of the quest requires killing deep subway mobs like empty shells etc. Even teamed it is not possible to do this thing at level 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Justhealin View Post
    I decided to try the daily missions as a test with a level 8 alt. The mission I got was to kill 3 of each of subway mobs .Well the first issue came because they changed around the subway so I could not even find muggers and when I did there were 4 all together that killed me ( level 8 just off noob island) . The next problem is that the second half of the quest requires killing deep subway mobs like empty shells etc. Even teamed it is not possible to do this thing at level 8.
    Heyas,

got the same mission on my baby NT (level 16), and netted me 8 levels. took me two days (around 4hrs), but was fun. and you get 2x one level as reward.

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Is this working as intended?

My daily mission required me to run to a place that was not within 10 yards of a whompa or grid. I'm upset because I had to walk a full 2 minutes. How dare it require me to explore Rubi-ka. It then proceeded to give me a challenge as I was not able to kill the mob in one hit. If I can't kill it in one hit, it's obviously too hard. I then actually had to read the mission description in order to know what to do in the mission. I've never had to read before, I'm so upset. I then had to kill 3 enigmas and save the sprout in my next mission. You mean I actually have an objective? I expect my missions to be completed for me, even though I'm fully capable of killing 3 little enigmas before the sprout dies.

This is too hard, I expect all my mission to walk to ME, to have the mob lay dead down at my feet with no effort or twinking on my part, and for my brain to never think. The daily missions don't do this.

IS THIS WORKING AS INTENDED?

/sarcasm
    Last edited by protozo; May 7th, 2010 at 22:11:10.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    Is this working as intended?

My daily mission required me to run to a place that was not within 10 yards of a whompa or grid. I'm upset because I had to walk a full 2 minutes. How dare it require me to explore Rubi-ka. It then proceeded to give me a challenge as I was not able to kill the mob in one hit. If I can't kill it in one hit, it's obviously too hard. I then actually had to read the mission description in order to know what to do in the mission. I've never had to read before, I'm so upset. I then had to kill 3 enigmas and save the sprout in my next mission. You mean I actually have an objective? I expect my missions to be completed for me, even though I'm fully capable of killing 3 little enigmas before the sprout dies.

This is too hard, I expect all my mission to walk to ME, to have the mob lay dead down at my feet with no effort or twinking on my part, and for my brain to never think. The daily missions don't do this.

IS THIS WORKING AS INTENDED?

/sarcasm
    You really need to learn the difference between "challenging" and "impossible".

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa View Post
    You really need to learn the difference between "challenging" and "impossible".
    Some of the quests might require people to seek out teams :: example - subway kill mission.

Some of the quests might require you to twink and/or get outside buffs and not simply do q > afk :: example - the alien space ship mission between level 51 and 75.

Some of the quests might be super easy! :: example - deliver some flyers to bars around RK or tag a few mobs.

The simple fact is these missions ARE challenging, they are NOT impossible. Get some outside buffs, get a decent set of implants in, and get yourself rolling.

At level 51 my fixer pulled the AI Ship mission. I was faced with level 75 LE Aliens. They hit hard and fast. So what did I do? I got GSF and Dr. HnQ and went back in used my professions tool sets to control the fights by snaring and rooting, and kiting with my superior speed. In the end, after a hard fought battle, I blew the ship and got 1.5 levels total out of the whole thing.

Was I super twinked? Goddess no. I had a QL 80 Beamer, ql 100 pre made profession implants, and ql 80 apoc leather. All of which is easy to get by ANYONE who took a little time and effort to equip their characters. And all I needed was two outside buffs.

Sure, they are very difficult for heckler noobs who are used to q > afk type fights (which I am not classifying you as, I don't know you) but they are doable.

Another example, I had a quest to kill level 60+ mobs on a level 34 advy. Me and my brother went out together, lured the mobs away one at a time, and took turns kiting them around. Watching two mid 30's take down a level 70 mob was a blast. And it wasn't just q > afk > iwinbutton.

Keep it coming Funcom. Loving the challange.

Do add some variations were some different game play styles could be useful but don't make the challange any less.

Quote Originally Posted by sukas View Post
    Are the new outside DOJA chips separate from the old Dark Ruins DOJA chip? As in, can I do both of them in the same day?
    With a lvl 199 char I turned in a Dark Ruins DOJA chip.

22018170 of your XP were allocated to your personal research.
    Side tokens collected: 4120.

Oooo, used to be just 7m XP, now it's the same as a daily mission reward.
    Went to Pen and beat some stuff up.

[Vicinity Loot Messages] ____ looted DOJA Chip Penumbra from Remains of Vortexoid.
    You got a new mission.
    You can't turn in more than one DOJA chip today.
    22018170 of your XP were allocated to your personal research.
    Side tokens collected: 4138.

So you can turn in a DR chip and a regular one on the same day. From what I can tell the following DOJA chips exist. So long as you're in the related lvl range I guess you may be able to turn each in. Can't be sure but it worked with a DR and Pen one. Even though I got the "You can't turn in more than one DOJA chip today" message meaning there may be some glitch somewhere.
    • Nasc (lvl 1-60)
    • Ely (lvl 60-100)
    • Scheol (lvl 100-130)
    • Ado (lvl 130-150)
    • Pen (lvl 150-200)
    • Inf (lvl 200-220)
    • Pand (lvl 200-220)
    • team Dark Ruins (don't think there's a lvl restriction on the chip but a 150-200 one for the zone)
    • Alappa (lvl 150-220)
    • Albtram (lvl 200-220)

Phoenix- I think it is working as intended (being able to turn in an instance DOJA and an outdoor mob DOJA in the same 18hr period) since Means stated that #3 and #4 below as different sources of daily missions with different lockout timers. The message you got about not turning in more than one chip, however does sound like a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Let me start by saying "this is our fault for not explaining this better". There is more than one source of daily missions and more than one kind (not-shared lockout/timer).

1. The "regular" missions.
    2. The "Superior" missions (some of these can be done solo)
    3. There are "chips" to hand in from the killing of regular monsters in Shadowlands.
    4. There are "chips" to hand in from the killing of instance monsters in Shadowlands.
    5. There are PvP missions (ie: Battlestations)

These options will end up at a total of tokens + around 25%(+side bonus) of a level (At the lowest rate of reward between 215 and 220) and represent a very significant increase to what could be gained by soloing in the past. I don't imagine you can fit ALL of these into 30 minutes...but completing two or even three of these options are a definite possibility. It is also important to say that this is the very first implementation of these missions at this point and the options will only grow over time. This will never replace the rate of XP/SK you can gain in a hardcore team grinding Inferno Hard missions...but it certainly is much closer than anyone playing casually was able to achieve before. Again...any misunderstandings here are on us.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Phoenix- I think it is working as intended (being able to turn in an instance DOJA and an outdoor mob DOJA in the same 18hr period) since Means stated that #3 and #4 below as different sources of daily missions with different lockout timers. The message you got about not turning in more than one chip, however does sound like a bug.
    Hopefully but someone at FC said something along the lines of "we've done way stupider things than that before." So hopefully just the message is the glitch.

I just had to get back some loot from a zone I never saw before south of Andromeda. Awesome fun and I also like all other daily mishs I've done yet.

Awesome job FC did there IMO

/me likes

and yay for DOJA chips
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Advisor of Vox Populi

Rats! mission

Few options...

1) Show how many you've killed

2) Auto update mission once 100 are killed

3) Have NPC shout out kill count at 25 intervals

4) Something to show count

I just kept Mongo'ing and kiting since I figured one of those would happen while I was doing the quest. Got sick of it and talked to the NPC to find out I killed 150 of the critters. Lame
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Either there are only a handful of daily missions coded for level 145ish or they are broken. Been to the mission office four times so far. The first and second time they handed out the Smugglers Den crates mission, the third time the Rollerrat training mission, and the fourth time the Smugglers Den crates mission again.

Please, give a choice of missions, say, three a day to choose from, or increase the number of missions available. Regardless if I have a reasonable chance of completing them, this seems to be rather repetitive, much like grinding regular missions.
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.
    New content does not have to make old content obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "One Foggy Hill"

Visit one of the foggy rock shrines in Pleasant Meadows, many dark enigma gather here.

Save the sprouts. Kill 3 Dark Enigmas.
    Got this one on a lvl 110 char the other day. Saw some problems as well, most of which you mentioned.
    1. When I first got there I ran in circles for a while and couldn't find the related mob. For the heck of it and as I thought I remembered reading that I should on the forums I went right to the mission way point which is when they spawned.
    2. The Dark Enigmas (lvl 120 mobs) will attack each other as well as the Sprout and you plus can do some good damage. Unless you or your group can do some fairly decent damage yourself you won't be able to get credited for three kills out of the four that spawn before the Sprout or other Dark Enigmas do too much damage meaning you'd have to wait through multiple spawn cycles.
    3. After you kill your three Dark Enigmas you get a new mission to check on the status of the Enigma Sprout (find mob type). This mission only lasts for about a minute before it dies and you get the kill mission again.
    4. After the Dark Enigmas are all dead the Enigma Sprout wanders about for about ten minutes before despawning. About five to ten minutes later a new batch can spawn. Killing the sprout doesn't speed the process up it seems.

For fixes I'd suggest.
    1. Either make the Enigmas spawn and despawn on independent cycles or add some hint or note that you're to go right to that spot to get them to show up.
    2. Beef up the Enigma Sprout so it can take more punishment but gimp its damage and keep Dark Enigmas from attacking each other, may not be a bad idea to gimp their damage a bit. This should especially be done if you want chars with wimpy damage (fr00b healer docs come to mind) to do this mission solo.
    3. Bump up the length of time you have that check on the Enigma Sprout mission. If you have one or more Dark Enigmas to fight yet, take a bit to notice the new mission then take a while to read what it says about a minute or so certainly isn't long enough. The real kick in the pants is that while it only lasts about a minute the Enigma Sprout will wander for about ten minutes.
    4. Reduce the period between potential respawns of the mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    For fixes I'd suggest.
    1. Either make the Enigmas spawn and despawn on independent cycles or add some hint or note that you're to go right to that spot to get them to show up.
    2. Beef up the Enigma Sprout so it can take more punishment but gimp its damage and keep Dark Enigmas from attacking each other, may not be a bad idea to gimp their damage a bit. This should especially be done if you want chars with wimpy damage (fr00b healer docs come to mind) to do this mission solo.
    3. Bump up the length of time you have that check on the Enigma Sprout mission. If you have one or more Dark Enigmas to fight yet, take a bit to notice the new mission then take a while to read what it says about a minute or so certainly isn't long enough. The real kick in the pants is that while it only lasts about a minute the Enigma Sprout will wander for about ten minutes.
    4. Reduce the period between potential respawns of the mobs.
    Bump for that
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Only seen 2 different missions so far although I have checked in every day. Truthfully RK and Inferno missions feel less like grind. That is pretty bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    any done the lowbish..lv84 daily mish for getting/looting the items form the Shadow?

tons of shadow mobs and how many glow items one have to loot? or how do you know if you've looted it? /stuck.../delete mish after 5 attempts and waiting for next 18hrs
    I got the same mission "Embrace the Shadows" and honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to do...

Embrace the Shadows

There are places on Rubi-Ka that are better left alone. Packs of Shadows lurk in these areas and to become the hunter instead of the hunted you will need to surpass these creatures in perception as well as concealment.

Venture deep into their society and recover the loot they have gathered from unknowing citizens.
    Buffing my conceal/perception (as well as searching for hidden stuff) doesn't seem to do anything, there doesn't seem to be any chests or obviously lootable objects on the ground, and cleaning the place of mobs did nothing since they don't seem to drop anything other than the usual trash. Is there an obvious trick to this that I'm missing?

so......first daily mission:explore rk bars, 2nd daily mission, explore rk bars(which i delete)...18 hours later......daily mission....explore rk bars.

PLEaSE MaKE ThE MISSiONS DIFFeRENT EaCH TiME I Do THeM................THaNKS
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    I am stupid I dont know how to do Extraction mission. Wtb dummy guide.
    Don't feel so bad, that was my first mission, I failed it & again failed it after finding the npc twice in a later date, I'm perhaps misunderstanding why it wants to clear the whole building of guards (which seem to spawn a bit more after the npc is found) but the second time I got a fixer to buff me with GSF & HnQ even then I died, if I get the mission again I guess I'll just let the npc clear the building by itself watching from a distance, its not like it wants to look for the closest exit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercia View Post
    Some of the quests might require people to seek out teams :: example - subway kill mission.

Some of the quests might require you to twink and/or get outside buffs and not simply do q > afk :: example - the alien space ship mission between level 51 and 75.

Some of the quests might be super easy! :: example - deliver some flyers to bars around RK or tag a few mobs.

The simple fact is these missions ARE challenging, they are NOT impossible. Get some outside buffs, get a decent set of implants in, and get yourself rolling.

At level 51 my fixer pulled the AI Ship mission. I was faced with level 75 LE Aliens. They hit hard and fast. So what did I do? I got GSF and Dr. HnQ and went back in used my professions tool sets to control the fights by snaring and rooting, and kiting with my superior speed. In the end, after a hard fought battle, I blew the ship and got 1.5 levels total out of the whole thing.

Was I super twinked? Goddess no. I had a QL 80 Beamer, ql 100 pre made profession implants, and ql 80 apoc leather. All of which is easy to get by ANYONE who took a little time and effort to equip their characters. And all I needed was two outside buffs.

Sure, they are very difficult for heckler noobs who are used to q > afk type fights (which I am not classifying you as, I don't know you) but they are doable.

Another example, I had a quest to kill level 60+ mobs on a level 34 advy. Me and my brother went out together, lured the mobs away one at a time, and took turns kiting them around. Watching two mid 30's take down a level 70 mob was a blast. And it wasn't just q > afk > iwinbutton.

Keep it coming Funcom. Loving the challange.

Do add some variations were some different game play styles could be useful but don't make the challange any less.
    You don't seem to "get it" ...

These "regular" daily missions were publicized by FC as being a mission you can do solo in a relatively short period of time, for those occasions when you can't be online long enough to put together a team or start a long quest. They have an 18 hour lock-out timer so people couldn't do dozens of them in one day. They have separate missions for if you want to be in a team ... Elite and pvp.

As it turns out many of the "kill" missions require significant outside buffs like GSF and HnQ and/or getting a friend or dual logging a toon much higher than you to help out. There are many posts to this effect in this thread, not just me. For example, my lvl 56 keeper got a mission to collect parts from cyborgs in greater TIR county. ... To get the parts she was expected to kill mobs solo that the game description was "very unlikely that you can kill this mob alone" for the medium sized one ... a lvl 72 cyborg, the 100+ private first class was not possible for her even with GSF running and being careful to draw only one cyborg at a time. To finish the mission I had to bring another toon outside her team range to kill enough cyborgs for the parts to drop.

I don't know what FC intended, but these kill missions are not working as they were advertized. For me I have to delete the "kill missions" and play a different toon until the next day and hope for a find or target mission, or at least a kill mission where the mobs are less than "Blood-Red" to me.

I thought these missions were supposed to encourage more people to play, not frustrate them because they don't have all the fancy weapons and implants or credits to buy them.

Colrain

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    I am stupid I dont know how to do Extraction mission. Wtb dummy guide.
    You’re not stupid. The wording on the mission description is somewhat tricky, like a riddle. They ask you to ‘train’ the roller rats. So, just get those pesky rats to follow you (I just ran by them while hitting my tab key) then run as fast as you can back to the Vermin Extractor which will kill the rats. Check periodically with the NPC to see if you’ve killed the allotted amount of rats keeping in mind your 15 minute time limit.

Well said Hvyshadows /signed

Personally, I enjoy the difficulty of the missions. If by chance the mission turns out to be too difficult, it’s no different than when I roll a mission, attempt a quest, etc. I figure out why it’s difficult and what I need to do to improve my toon so I can accomplish the task. If it’s not within my power to improve (mobs two/three times my level) then bummer. That’s the way the cookie crumbles. I’ll now have to wait 18 hours, doing what I would have done prior to the option of daily missions. I think I’ll survive.
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    You don't seem to "get it" ...

These "regular" daily missions were publicized by FC as being a mission you can do solo in a relatively short period of time, for those occasions when you can't be online long enough to put together a team or start a long quest. They have an 18 hour lock-out timer so people couldn't do dozens of them in one day. They have separate missions for if you want to be in a team ... Elite and pvp.

As it turns out many of the "kill" missions require significant outside buffs like GSF and HnQ and/or getting a friend or dual logging a toon much higher than you to help out. There are many posts to this effect in this thread, not just me. For example, my lvl 56 keeper got a mission to collect parts from cyborgs in greater TIR county. ... To get the parts she was expected to kill mobs solo that the game description was "very unlikely that you can kill this mob alone" for the medium sized one ... a lvl 72 cyborg, the 100+ private first class was not possible for her even with GSF running and being careful to draw only one cyborg at a time. To finish the mission I had to bring another toon outside her team range to kill enough cyborgs for the parts to drop.

I don't know what FC intended, but these kill missions are not working as they were advertized. For me I have to delete the "kill missions" and play a different toon until the next day and hope for a find or target mission, or at least a kill mission where the mobs are less than "Blood-Red" to me.

I thought these missions were supposed to encourage more people to play, not frustrate them because they don't have all the fancy weapons and implants or credits to buy them.

Colrain
    Funny, I got that same mission I do believe, only one level above you, and did it entirely self buffed. Had to get the corroded chestplate, death something or other insignia thingy, and a quality augmented wrist?

Again, ql 100 implants, had upgraded to a ql 105 p.beamer, was wearing prowler armor upgraded to level 90. So not much in the way of twinking, just a little work on equipment. Come to think of it, I might have still been in my ql 80 Apoc leathers... Either way they arn't that far off in difference of beni's.

Honestly I didn't have to move very far into the dungeon. I killed the first two guards in the main room, one at a time, then crept into the 2nd room that had four, threw my AoE snare, backed out and got just one at a time that way. Sure I have more effective crowd control than a keeper but you I am sure have tons more HP than me. Heck my Body Dev is only about 1/2 to 2/3rds full.

I don't believe I fought anything above mid 70's to get all 3 parts.

The point is with a little work these quests ARE doable. They ARE a challange which is good. Honestly, you have no idea how many people I have shown AO to in the past that went yawn, so it's an autoattack > afk game eh? And honestly, that is how alot of the content can be played when you are solo'ing. This stuff brings back team dynamics, use of areas that had begun to rot, and a player willing to put some work into her character. Sure you might have to snag a few OSB's but so be it. You get outside buffs for twinking on armor and weapons, why not snag a few when you head out to do a mission or quest? Only makes sense to me to use all available resources in the world of Rubi-Ka. If you choose not to make use of the assistance of the player base by asking for a simple buff than well... you made that choice.

Do Daily missions need some polish? Yes. Make kill order not matter on those types of quests, divy up the types of quests into different options, etc. One idea is to seperate some of the dungeon crawl missions into a selection labled as team. Allow one Solo and one Team mission a day. That way you could get a team together for the purpose of doing the team ones and really crank them out quickly.

As for the money issue... Thats not really an issue... Any newbie my level can be as well equipped as my fixer is (which isn't that spectacular really) at the same level as my fixer if they put some effort into things.

1) Read, memorize, and live the "How to make money as a new (froob) player" thread from new arrivals; This is a pet peeve. I've never wanted for money except for some of the rediculously priced things out there by following this, blitzing missions, and earning my cash the old fashion honest way, through work and effort. Everytime I see someone begging I give them the link politely once in a tell, once in vicinity, then I flame them for begging the third time they do it in my presence.

2) Read your professions guides and ask questions in your professions forums, here or on AOFroobs if your a froob, or even in game: Alot of information is available, you just have to look, read, and ask. No one expects you to be omniescient, and most people are happy to teach a newer player.

3) Join a solid Org: Making social connections and friends is part of being in an MMO. If you cannot be bothered to work on this aspect of the game then you might be more suited for a console single player RPG.

Seriously, if every new player put even a small amount of effort into these things then they wouldn't have the money worries they do.... Just everyone wants it handed to them on a silver platter.

Sorry that Mission is reserved for high level raids.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast