Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on daily missions

Quote Originally Posted by uristoph View Post
    Don't feel so bad, that was my first mission, I failed it & again failed it after finding the npc twice in a later date, I'm perhaps misunderstanding why it wants to clear the whole building of guards (which seem to spawn a bit more after the npc is found) but the second time I got a fixer to buff me with GSF & HnQ even then I died, if I get the mission again I guess I'll just let the npc clear the building by itself watching from a distance, its not like it wants to look for the closest exit at all.
    The npc will eventually use an exit that leads to a ledge outside. All along when the npc is seeking a way out it will first head towards the main exit. After you and the npc disposes of all of the mobs it will declare that the front entrance will be blocked then head back towards that other exit.

It would be very helpful if the profession one plays can mezz as the npc although tough will die due to the multiple adds. Also getting the mobs to focus their attention on you will allow the npc to do steady damage on the mob without taking any damage.

When the npc reaches the exit and assuming all the mobs are dead. Target the npc and a small conversation will ensue. The mob will explain something about her situation, bow, and you have completed the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Plat150 View Post
    The npc will eventually use an exit that leads to a ledge outside. All along when the npc is seeking a way out it will first head towards the main exit. After you and the npc disposes of all of the mobs it will declare that the front entrance will be blocked then head back towards that other exit.

It would be very helpful if the profession one plays can mezz as the npc although tough will die due to the multiple adds. Also getting the mobs to focus their attention on you will allow the npc to do steady damage on the mob without taking any damage.

When the npc reaches the exit and assuming all the mobs are dead. Target the npc and a small conversation will ensue. The mob will explain something about her situation, bow, and you have completed the mission.
    Thanks, true it would help to mezz but my engi can't mezz, thought about warping someone in to help if that would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx55 View Post
    I got the same mission "Embrace the Shadows" and honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to do...
    Buffing my conceal/perception (as well as searching for hidden stuff) doesn't seem to do anything, there doesn't seem to be any chests or obviously lootable objects on the ground
    It looks like pile of junk on the ground and you need to r-click it and wait ~10sec to get mission completed. I had to bring high-level toon to find it and set map marker when got this mission on my tl3 enfo. Conceal/perception is just hint that some profs might need to sneak instead clearing shades all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    I don't know what FC intended, but these kill missions are not working as they were advertized. For me I have to delete the "kill missions" and play a different toon until the next day and hope for a find or target mission, or at least a kill mission where the mobs are less than "Blood-Red" to me.
    Kill missions I got so far are way too easy. My 75ish enfo in way outdated equip (most of level 49 BS enfos equipped better), no any single OSB running, not used mochams/wrangle to cast top buffs, etc. Alien ship mission just a joke - even with my outdated weapons (120ish tiig beater and LOL - 90ish Kyr hammer) yellow/green aliens die in several hits, so even 4 aliens in central room can be fighted at once and barely take half of my HP. Kill mission in MW (fearplanters, babyfaces, bileswarms, etc.) - level 90-105 mobs - bit better, I even managed to die when got 2 bileswarms on me, but with up-to-level equip, PF map and careful pulling will be cakewalk again.
    189 MA (used to be TL5 BS twink, but semi-stripped now) - kill 3 ferocious ottous - 5 min (3 of it were spent to run to mission spot), no risk/challenge at all. Same mission by 199 froob doc was OK and involved some UBTing and kiting.

Looks like these missions were designed as "challenging" for froobs, but not for paid toons.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Got the village mission in WW (to kill from hyenas to Hammerheads). What equipment and OSB's should I use on my lvl 26 froob agent to get that mission done solo? Also, since I never played the game before, how long should I blitz missions to get creds for stuff I will have to buy and also for tips to get buffs? How much do I need to learn to be able to twink and farm stuff? And finally, isnt it easier to just say: SCREW THIS ONE. Delete mission and continue leveling normally until I can pull the next one? Oh another question. Am I whinning to much? Or is the mission clearly not adequate for my toon? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Haev a naice dai.

PS- Yeah, I know, those where 2 questions. :P
    Gustatus similis pullus.

So I pulled a Daily on my 93 enfo and got a mission in CoH. It was described as kill 3 of <9 different mobnames here>. So after a lot of hard work i finally manage to find and kill 3 of all mobs. I look at my mission and a bonus objective appeared: "Kill Cerubin". Thats clearly impossible solo on a 93 enfo so i skipped the bonus. Now i'm back at the Agency and they are not giving me my reward. Don't tell me the bonus is a must do requirement to get your reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Got the village mission in WW (to kill from hyenas to Hammerheads). What equipment and OSB's should I use on my lvl 26 froob agent to get that mission done solo? Also, since I never played the game before, how long should I blitz missions to get creds for stuff I will have to buy and also for tips to get buffs? How much do I need to learn to be able to twink and farm stuff? And finally, isnt it easier to just say: SCREW THIS ONE. Delete mission and continue leveling normally until I can pull the next one? Oh another question. Am I whinning to much? Or is the mission clearly not adequate for my toon? Thanks in advance for your answers.
    If you have never played the game before you might have some troubles anyway. As an agent you might have even more trouble because an agent can switch professions and thus wants to use additional nano programs from that other profession. So you will need even more credits in order to support your toon.

In addition to that, the first toon is always the hardest. You have no credits, you don't know your way around RK, you don't know where to get stuff, where to pull "good" missions, where to farm stuff, etc.

I suggest that you just take it easy. If one of the daily missions is too hard then delete it immediately and go back to the mission handler so that the 18 h timer starts to run. It also doesn't matter if you die because all your xp goes into the xp pool. Some of the daily missions are easy to do and you'll get a level back immediately.

I told about a daily mission some pages above. I got a mission to kill mobs in Foreman's dungeon. I already knew that my lvl 63 fixer would not be able to kill the mobs without help but I gave it a try. It was a "personal thing" between the mission designers and me.
    So what happened? I gained a few levels just by trying to get down far enough in order to kill that final mobs. I stopped a little when I was lvl 69 in order to get lvl 70 in SL fast then came back to Foreman's. I finished the "daily" mission with the help of a lvl 60 froob soldier when I was lvl 71.

You are not whining too much, btw.
    AO is a complicated game. Your first priority is to get credits and NOT level up too fast. If you gain levels too fast you'll run out of credits even faster because you have to get your nano crystals somehow.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by uristoph View Post
    Thanks, true it would help to mezz but my engi can't mezz, thought about warping someone in to help if that would be possible.
    Use your blind aura and don't run bot snare. Attack the same mob as the npc and recast the aura a few times. It works quite nicely on adds even though it breaks on hit and even reflected dmg.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I did a mission on my level 10 crat. I got to kill 8 mobs between level 20 and 25, which did require more than one attempt and some OSB (mainly TS/MC boosts for better bot).

I had to spend half the mission disguised as a crate, yes a crate. Funny for a crat.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by candle645_ View Post

Kill missions I got so far are way too easy. My 75ish enfo in way outdated equip (most of level 49 BS enfos equipped better), no any single OSB running, not used mochams/wrangle to cast top buffs, etc. Alien ship mission just a joke - even with my outdated weapons (120ish tiig beater and LOL - 90ish Kyr hammer) yellow/green aliens die in several hits, so even 4 aliens in central room can be fighted at once and barely take half of my HP. Kill mission in MW (fearplanters, babyfaces, bileswarms, etc.) - level 90-105 mobs - bit better, I even managed to die when got 2 bileswarms on me, but with up-to-level equip, PF map and careful pulling will be cakewalk again.
    189 MA (used to be TL5 BS twink, but semi-stripped now) - kill 3 ferocious ottous - 5 min (3 of it were spent to run to mission spot), no risk/challenge at all. Same mission by 199 froob doc was OK and involved some UBTing and kiting.

Looks like these missions were designed as "challenging" for froobs, but not for paid toons.

I understand there is a level range for these sorts of missions. If you are at the low end you could be screwed. They need to tune the missions better. At level 101 the alien missions are Way Too Hard. I am getting dark yellow through dark orange aliens. Single dark orange ones can even rip through bio cocoon completely before I can kill them.

As for the boss: Kyr'Ozch Brigade General hit you for 1585 points of melee damage.Critical hit! That is 2/5 of my HP. We shouldn't need a set of mercs to do something like this. We shouldn't even need outside buffs.

These missions are going to be an epic failure if you have to delete them and wait a day for one you can do. You might even get the impossible mission several days in a row.
    Last edited by Johael; May 11th, 2010 at 17:31:40.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    One small point. My Doc (101 and equipped as a healer but with CDRs) ended up pulling an AXP mission. I could cope with one bug but 2 or more and I hugged reclaim, and to clear the mission I had to clear 3 in one or two rooms. Prob OK for a DD, but not for a support prof
    I have to say, some of these daily missions are truly inspired. I would love to be able to pull a few others, but I have the misfortune the kill 3 of everything in Foreman's 3 times on the same toon now. I'm guessing that at lvl 60-90, this is the mission of preference.

This AXP mission you pulled, DaveB? Was it the "place the bomb" mission? I pulled that one on my fixer today. The mission warps you to an alien ship. You have to kill all the aliens, plant a bomb, and then warp out. As a poorly equipped GA I fixer, all the green and yellow mobs were not a problem, but the orange mobs (including the alien general mob at the end) blew right through my GA. I accidentally "fell out" of the mission once because I didn't know the bulge in the middle room was an exit, and I died once. (Which was funny, because another Fixer from the IRRK Freelancers pulled the same mission and we both dropped out of the mission and landed in Andromeda at the same time, and we both ended up in reclaim in NLC at roughly the same time.)

Anyhow, the point of this post is not to be all QQ about the mission, because with a little effort I managed to complete it. In the process I learned how to kite and burst-to-death mobs that are unimpressed by my GA and completely resistant to my roots. I also learned how to carefully pull mobs one or two at a time. I learned that the last alien ensign and general cannot be pulled very far away from their starting locations, otherwise they will lose aggro and return to their posts. My GA did unfortunately poof as I was kiting the general, but it hardly mattered, as the general landed every hit when I had my GA.

Things that would be nice: Some kind of timer to let you know when temporary items (GA, Shadoweb spinner, MP creation shields and 1hb/2hb weapons) are about to evaporate, and not having all alien mobs in this particular respawn when you accidentally (or intentionally) exit the mission would be nice, but not totally necessary. Both of those things would be pandering.

Great job, Means and team. Some way to cycle through all the missions available to each toon's level range instead of a completely random draw would be smashing! Thanks.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

I just did "Rats!" and was pleased to be able to use RK healing and nano-kits at Serenity; it's also possible to climb into a Yalm there, making this mission much easier than was probably intended :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Things that would be nice: Some kind of timer to let you know when temporary items (GA, Shadoweb spinner, MP creation shields and 1hb/2hb weapons) are about to evaporate
    Cast a GA and place in Social, wear a full (possibly eye catching) outfit in the other social slots, wait 5 min and cast the GA you will actually wear.
    MP's are $£€£-outa-luck tho'.
    Should also state that this was told to me when i made the same whine you just did, so it's not as if i figured it out on my own

...and not having all alien mobs in this particular respawn when you accidentally (or intentionally) exit the mission would be nice, but not totally necessary.
    NOOOO! I farmed 2/3's of an AI level by clearing and exiting, so much better than bastard crappalicious LE-motherships. If FC removes these then add them as solo pullable in APF.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Prisoners at Medusa Houses

Took my 179 Enf on this missions. flew out to DAV and found these mobs to kill. First mobs was yellow and did no damage to me. The third mob was red and commenced to whip my butt. Cocoon and layers saved my butt. Felt like I was back in inf hunting around sorrow more than on RK.

I waited for more of the mobs to spawn as there were two mobs even higher in level that were up. My problems with this missions is that at lower levels maybe even just at 165 players are going to get creamed depending on their profession by a few of these mobs.

Overall the easy mobs were to easy but the red mobs were deadly. Take this one with care for sure.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Dunno if it has been suggested yet . . .

------> Put a lock on mission so you can't roll it again untill you did all the other that are available, please.

5th daily i do, been 4x Bar Tour and 1x Enigma Dog.

Sick of touring bar allrdy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post

Haev a naice dai.

PS- Yeah, I know, those where 2 questions. :P
    1. level 26 froob agent, go blitz yourself the highest QL Caterwaul you can. You should be in ql 50 implants at this point with ql 40ish carb armor. A 3 or 4 slot belt with +20ncu chips should also be doable if you take some time to shop around for them. For outside buffs you will want a runspeed buff and hot from a fixer and if you can fit it in the best +hp buff you can get to give yourself some cushion room.

2. Blitzing missions takes time. As for how long you should spend, I make sure I have 2 to 3 mil saved up before I move past level 15 (Last level to blitz for concrete cushions) and then 10 mil saved up before I move past level 32 (last level to blitz treatment rifles). these numbers are after I have upgraded all my gear at those points to the top end of what I can get into with out having to go nuts twinking via implant laddering etc.

Like I said, if someone is not willing to learn the game then they only bring upon themself their own failure. This games learning curve is steep, it makes other games look like the old game Sorry. First characters will have issues, whether or not the daily missions are changed.

The mission you are talking about btw is the one I mentioned where my brother and I where kiting things around killing them as a duo. Once one of us got aggro that person would take off running and the other would start shooting. So if you are not willing to make friends as you play in your level range that you can team up with for this then well... good luck solo'ing it. It's very doable, but will take longer and take more skill.

And until the games inflated economy is brought down new people will have to farm out their credits and work hard to make that money. But even then a full set of ql 100 pre made implants will cost someone more than 1 mil. They need to learn to accept that and learn to earn their money and not expect things to be handed to them. Heck, I only returned to the game a few weeks ago and have a nice nest egg saved up already. Sure I hae to watch what I spend it on so I don't end up broke in a level or two, but I will have plenty to see me through my first 100 levels if I am careful about how I spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailana View Post
    Account status Cancelled

been playing 5 years, 6 toons to 220, just too much fail in this patch to "wait and see" any longer

Pvpers didnt need a new daily source of vp, pvmers that didnt care for bs did. Thats insanely obvious to anyone with 3 braincells to rub together. Add in the fact that the bs doesnt run, or takes way too long to get a win, and this is hardly something you can do in half an hour after work.

Id be tempted to stay except orgmates already cancelled today. Wonder how many people will cancel their accounts this week.
    Can i have ur stuff? Kthxby!
    Apprentice Snakeyees..220/25/70 Fixer
    Twinke..........................220/12 MP
    Patchadams.................220/61/19 Doctor
    Sparkanator...............220/19 Neutral Engineer
    Katariina......................220/17 Crat
    Malagant......................208/12 Keeper
    wouldabeen.................174/11 NT
    *~ In loving memory of Beardedone; a good friend that will forever be remembered~* You feel the core of your being shake as BEARDEDONE has reached enlightenment!! Take care old friend.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    -Gaute Godager-"There will be no camping in the Shadowlands" LOL OK!!!

I like to know how many daily missions there are for 205+

So far I seem to constantly get the same missions over and over for instance on my 217 Engineer
    Scooplet mission, Club mission, Rats, Shop Lifter I have never been given the Enigma dog mission.

Same mission on 220 Doc, No dog mission.

Same on 207 keeper. No dog mission

Is there really only 5 total daily missions for 205+?
    Apprentice Snakeyees..220/25/70 Fixer
    Twinke..........................220/12 MP
    Patchadams.................220/61/19 Doctor
    Sparkanator...............220/19 Neutral Engineer
    Katariina......................220/17 Crat
    Malagant......................208/12 Keeper
    wouldabeen.................174/11 NT
    *~ In loving memory of Beardedone; a good friend that will forever be remembered~* You feel the core of your being shake as BEARDEDONE has reached enlightenment!! Take care old friend.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    -Gaute Godager-"There will be no camping in the Shadowlands" LOL OK!!!

I have to say, some of these daily missions are truly inspired. I would love to be able to pull a few others, but I have the misfortune the kill 3 of everything in Foreman's 3 times on the same toon now. I'm guessing that at lvl 60-90, this is the mission of preference.

This AXP mission you pulled, DaveB? Was it the "place the bomb" mission? I pulled that one on my fixer today. The mission warps you to an alien ship. You have to kill all the aliens, plant a bomb, and then warp out. As a poorly equipped GA I fixer, all the green and yellow mobs were not a problem, but the orange mobs (including the alien general mob at the end) blew right through my GA. I accidentally "fell out" of the mission once because I didn't know the bulge in the middle room was an exit, and I died once. (Which was funny, because another Fixer from the IRRK Freelancers pulled the same mission and we both dropped out of the mission and landed in Andromeda at the same time, and we both ended up in reclaim in NLC at roughly the same time.)

Anyhow, the point of this post is not to be all QQ about the mission, because with a little effort I managed to complete it. In the process I learned how to kite and burst-to-death mobs that are unimpressed by my GA and completely resistant to my roots. I also learned how to carefully pull mobs one or two at a time. I learned that the last alien ensign and general cannot be pulled very far away from their starting locations, otherwise they will lose aggro and return to their posts. My GA did unfortunately poof as I was kiting the general, but it hardly mattered, as the general landed every hit when I had my GA.

Things that would be nice: Some kind of timer to let you know when temporary items (GA, Shadoweb spinner, MP creation shields and 1hb/2hb weapons) are about to evaporate, and not having all alien mobs in this particular respawn when you accidentally (or intentionally) exit the mission would be nice, but not totally necessary. Both of those things would be pandering.

Great job, Means and team. Some way to cycle through all the missions available to each toon's level range instead of a completely random draw would be smashing! Thanks.
    Hi, yeps it was the bomb mission. At 101 the mobs were yellow, orange and finally red. With no roots or calms I tried pulling the mobs 1 by 1. My init debuffs didn't land and I didn't have enough damage to bodybag them quickly enough. I've no problem with the mission. It just gave me an incentive to perk-reset and get a JAME on

Hmm, I have to agree with the people finding the number of different mission disappointing. I have run 4 daily mission on a 134 (now 138 ) fixer and got 4 missions to Smuggler's Den. The last three have all been exactly the same kill 10 lots of 3 Smuggler's type mobs. This one in particular is not really conducive to a short play time (except when you get bored and start dual logging...but that sort of defeats the object of the daily missions?)

These missions have potential and I enjoyed them the first (and even the second) time around. But having the same mission over and over is pretty irritating. There are only two possible missions at mid TL4?
    Last edited by Reetzor; May 12th, 2010 at 09:42:29.
    Reetzor 150/9

Quote Originally Posted by Xercia View Post
    2. Blitzing missions takes time. As for how long you should spend, I make sure I have 2 to 3 mil saved up before I move past level 15 (Last level to blitz for concrete cushions) and then 10 mil saved up before I move past level 32 (last level to blitz treatment rifles).
    Lusos101 said that he/she has never played the game before and is playing on a froob account.

Getting 2 to 3 mil before level 15 might be a bit too much when you'd rather like to learn the game and level up.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast