Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Condemed Subway changes!

I think the new Subway changes are great. Small touches like wandering mobs give the whole place a more active, and much less boring atmosphere.

And this is off-topic, but I'm sure we've all noticed how FC likes to put random literary references in the game. There's Vergil Aeneid, the next subway boss after Eumenides, which references Vergil's book, The Aeneid. In 10-3 there's a robot named "Marvin the Paranoid Android" which is a reference to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting or don't know about.

Yeah, but to be honest, it should be "Marvin, the Depressed Andriod"
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

i think improving the subway and other new player related content should be the top priority for funcom.
    i wouldnt even have bothered making the collector timesink since old jaded veterans leaving is inevitable. the focus should be on new players and making the beginner experience as FUN as possible.
    Last edited by thecheeseman; May 6th, 2010 at 10:04:35.
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    i think improving the subway and other new player related content should be the top priority for funcom.
    i wouldnt even have bothered making the collector timesink since old jaded veterans leaving is inevitable. the focus should be on new players and making the beginner experience as FUN as possible.
    This! Been thinking it for a while and starting commenting in various ways to the same end.

One thing I think they need to tweak a little is the amount of light now in there, the atmosphere is removed by this. I ran down to the worker toilet area, which is all white tile, and I could see everything in the room, it's meant to be drab and dreary this far in. I can see the point further back toward the start, put in a "glass ceiling" to excuse the extra light, let newer players get used to it then gradually it gets darker as you decend... this would build up the sense of going down in to tunnels. The place is abandoned, it's not meant to have all the lights working and the white tiles all squeaky clean!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifedelite View Post
    Eumenedies is hiding because he finally realised what a crappy pun his name really is...
    rofl

I never even read it like that.

Pronounced it as "U-men-deez". "Human-dies" is funny
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Sure it isn't "Human undies"?
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

This is going a little OT but I pronounced it as "You men, at ease!" xD

Oh, that's right it was 24 not 25, my bad. It's been a long time since I've been max level in the subway.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

This level change in the subway bothers me. There are good deal of nano's that were level locked to level 25 and up that will make the subway very easy for some professions. Example: Fixers get there next hot. Having taken a fixer with a 50 pb in at level 24 and having the nano with me I leveled to 25 and found that the hot was enough to allow me to solo abby. Granted I could not leave and reenter the subway but the point being the toon was far from a uber twink (level ql30 implants and shop armor). The addition of one nano was all it took to over power the last boss completely.

Of all the stealth changes this one really concerns me.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    This level change in the subway bothers me. There are good deal of nano's that were level locked to level 25 and up that will make the subway very easy for some professions. Example: Fixers get there next hot. Having taken a fixer with a 50 pb in at level 24 and having the nano with me I leveled to 25 and found that the hot was enough to allow me to solo abby. Granted I could not leave and reenter the subway but the point being the toon was far from a uber twink (level ql30 implants and shop armor). The addition of one nano was all it took to over power the last boss completely.

Of all the stealth changes this one really concerns me.
    I agree -- I'm curious what the motivation was behind this since I can't recall this being any type of hot button issue.

In addition to fixer hot, there are keeper auras, a host of weaponskill buffs (soldier, shade for certain), shade stun proc, and likely more I can't think of at work. Plus, level 25 gives access to comp nanos on paid accounts and the first fixer NCU buff for vastly streamlined twinking.

I would agree that level 25 may be more fun to play on most professions because it's the first set of decent level-locked buffs and easier twinking but in that case the subway really needs to be scaled upward in difficulty and complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Pronounced it as "U-men-deez". "Human-dies" is funny
    I always pronounced it like "U-mehn-ee-dehz", almost a Spanish pronounciation.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrajayne View Post
    I agree -- I'm curious what the motivation was behind this since I can't recall this being any type of hot button issue.
    maybe they are trying to make subway more doable and fun as solo/small team for newer players that haven't learned to twink yet, or are on their 1st characters.

True on the above. The subway is exceedingly important for new players. I managed to kill Vergil once on my first toon, in a team of 4 people. Oh, the feeling of success. I treasured that 3 slot belt of justice I won for 20 levels, surely. And the token requirement meant I had to do RK miahes, lots of em. Good times. If level 25 helps new players be better able to take on the sub, well, good. Established players would still solo all even if max level was 23.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Level 25 opens up AI3 and lots of weapon skill buffage or nano buffage that way. That one level on a paid account is as good as letting level 30 froobs have access.

As for the level 23 comment. Yep we would all be trox enforcers with battle rods ... that one level of ip is just enough to keep alot of toons from OE.

It really is not just one level. It is what that level opened up. Still want to hear from FC on this.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Not sure if i will take my 24 to 25 just yet, lot of work into him and would hate to throw it all away because the lvl cap change was an accedent.

Edit: emu seems to have a faster spawn rate.

Edit edit: and vergil aswell

Edit edit edit: All bosses have faster spawns it seems.
    Last edited by Vgman01; May 10th, 2010 at 20:07:01.

Level 25 also opens up Ely Sanc key... Level 25 such overkill compared to 24
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Killing Abmouth now spawns Virgil as well. Virgil is in his normal place, and you can kill him normally. So I guess there are two different Virgils now. Fighting Abmouth also triggers a Virgil that spawns right next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    Killing Abmouth now spawns Virgil as well. Virgil is in his normal place, and you can kill him normally. So I guess there are two different Virgils now. Fighting Abmouth also triggers a Virgil that spawns right next to him.
    wut ?

Killed Abby this morning, and no Virgil spawning next to him or at normal spawn place ...

btw, I love the mobs wondering around and new muggler's look, but why having put Eumenides that deep ??
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

U mean, 'e dies?

But yes, level 25 is such a huge step, particularly where expansion characters are concerned, that allowing 'one extra level' means significant jumps in power available to the seriously-twinked. A new player is not going to be in full AI armour, or be wearing an ely sanc key. It's not really for the benefit of new players at all.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

level 25 = NCU buff ... that means a lot too... even to froobs.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast