Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Condemed Subway changes!

Why does it matter if experienced players can do it easier at 25? No good player had problems with subway at 24, fr00b or not, if they couldn't solo it.. they got 1 OB and it was easy as pie. This 1 level could help newer players have a chance of killing the final boss, and giving them an enjoyable experience, it still won't be easy but as it's the first major boss in the game I think it's a nice boost for them.

<3 the new spawn rates and especially the muggers, lol'd at the facemasks.

Great stuff FC, job well done.

Stig
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    Why are expansion characters even going in the subway?
    You really want an answer to this? Ok here goes

Two trade skill buffing sleeves for Engineers
    NCU Ring
    Morphing memory
    Juggler's Treat
    Ergo quest items
    Daily Missions send you there

The simpler reason for my org is we help out new players and new members that are froobs and that means having toons in the subway. It is still a very fun place to go to.

I suspect your comment points out the fact you are one of those "maximize your XP and leveling rate" type people that only see content as a means to level quickly. Where as I can say that those of us that take full expansion toons there enjoy the varied content and are not so dead set on leveling to 220 in a week.

My issue is that the bosses were well balanced for the power level of the toons that had access to the subway. It took some effort and twinking skill to build a solo abmouth killer toon. Abby was ableto mow down teams that were not twinked and was a very fun encounter. Even froobs get big benifit from this level 25 adjustment. All the level locked nanos that have been mentioned are available to them. So now a team of level 25 toons not uber twinked can man handle abby. If any of them are expansion toons and took the time to have 3 ai levels and get any decent weapon on it will be a very easy fight.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    wut ?

Killed Abby this morning, and no Virgil spawning next to him or at normal spawn place ...

btw, I love the mobs wondering around and new muggler's look, but why having put Eumenides that deep ??
    Maybe it's a random chance, but Virgil DEFINITELY spawned when I was killing Abmouth. I wasn't seeing things. Maybe Virgil has two spawn points now because I previously killed him in his old usual spot and went on to fight Abmouth a few minutes later. Virgil spawned right next to Abmouth. I was fighting Virgil and Abmouth. I didn't train Virgil anywhere. Virgil was THERE. I literally saw him appear. Maybe it was a bug.

Like I said, maybe there's a random chance Virgil spawns with Abmouth, or maybe Virgil has more than one spawning place and spawns by himself, or maybe it was a bug and I wasn't supposed to see Virgil at all.
    Last edited by protozo; May 14th, 2010 at 03:17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    Maybe it's a random chance, but Virgil DEFINITELY spawned when I was killing Abmouth. I wasn't seeing things. Maybe Virgil has two spawn points now because I previously killed him in his old usual spot and went on to fight Abmouth a few minutes later. Virgil spawned right next to Abmouth. I was fighting Virgil and Abmouth. I didn't train Virgil anywhere. Virgil was THERE. I literally saw him appear. Maybe it was a bug.

Like I said, maybe there's a random chance Virgil spawns with Abmouth, or maybe Virgil has more than one spawning place and spawns by himself, or maybe it was a bug and I wasn't supposed to see Virgil at all.
    I bet poor Vergil was having sync issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    You really want an answer to this? Ok here goes

Two trade skill buffing sleeves for Engineers
    NCU Ring
    Morphing memory
    Juggler's Treat
    Ergo quest items
    Daily Missions send you there

The simpler reason for my org is we help out new players and new members that are froobs and that means having toons in the subway. It is still a very fun place to go to.

I suspect your comment points out the fact you are one of those "maximize your XP and leveling rate" type people that only see content as a means to level quickly. Where as I can say that those of us that take full expansion toons there enjoy the varied content and are not so dead set on leveling to 220 in a week.

My issue is that the bosses were well balanced for the power level of the toons that had access to the subway. It took some effort and twinking skill to build a solo abmouth killer toon. Abby was ableto mow down teams that were not twinked and was a very fun encounter. Even froobs get big benifit from this level 25 adjustment. All the level locked nanos that have been mentioned are available to them. So now a team of level 25 toons not uber twinked can man handle abby. If any of them are expansion toons and took the time to have 3 ai levels and get any decent weapon on it will be a very easy fight.
    I can proudly say that it took me almost 3 years before I upgraded so I spent lots of time on RK, (my first toon did not get a yalm till around lvl 130 so I walked ALOT) That said even today with 3 paid accounts I still spend more time on RK having fun then I do power lvling in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post

I can attest to the fact that occasionally Virgil seems to spawn inside Abby's room. The first time I noticed him beating on me while I was taking on Abby, I thought I'd been trained but I coudn't see anyone on my PFmap. The second time I actually saw him appear out of thin air. It's not consistent however and most of the time I've spotted him spawning at his usual point in the previous room with the shadows.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Subway is just outleveled so swiftly that you never really get to experience any of these things :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Subway is just outleveled so swiftly that you never really get to experience any of these things :|
    There is nothing stopping you from taking a break from the quest to 220 and go visit the subway while you can though.

I'm glad this place got a revamp. I remember seeing some newbies posting for one more for their subway team annoucing they were 'going Deep Subway this time' and so excited as it was the first time any of them had been down there.

If a dungeon can elicit such happiness from new players it deserves to be kept shiny
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    I'm glad this place got a revamp. I remember seeing some newbies posting for one more for their subway team annoucing they were 'going Deep Subway this time' and so excited as it was the first time any of them had been down there.

If a dungeon can elicit such happiness from new players it deserves to be kept shiny
    I second this. I clearly remember my own first trip to the "Deep Subway". It actually took me weeks before I even realized there was a lower level. I had never bothered running down that particular subway tube. Was so excited to go down there. And oh the nasty nasty mobs there. Was good times

Quite the opposite, really. I am a froob, none of my myriad characters are level 200 (in fact only one is over 100), and I try to experience the content with every one of them, to get a feel for the differences in professions and breeds.

My main problem is that, for the subway and ToTW, expansion characters don't seem to have much that they need to do in there. The items are not great compared to many things you can get off RK, the experience is horrible compared to hecklers, and I have personally met only two types of expansion characters in ToTW at least: people farming bosses for their orgmates, and claiming the loot for them despite the toon(s) in question not being present; and people killing the bosses just because they can, and deleting the loot so no-one else can have it. Not fun for someone who worked to try to be able to solo a boss, only to have a soldier come running up, full-auto it, and delete everything before running off. I dunno, maybe the subway is different.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    All bosses have faster spawns it seems.
    The loot tables seem to have been changed slightly. I killed Eumi and Virgil many times, nothing whatsoever dropped.
    Kataklyzm
    Level 162/7 Clan NT
    THE AGP

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    U mean, 'e dies?

But yes, level 25 is such a huge step, particularly where expansion characters are concerned, that allowing 'one extra level' means significant jumps in power available to the seriously-twinked. A new player is not going to be in full AI armour, or be wearing an ely sanc key. It's not really for the benefit of new players at all.
    Hell, I soloed Virgil on a 25 (non-twinked) froob MA the other day. Never managed that on any other regular 24 toon.

edit: double post, sry
    Kataklyzm
    Level 162/7 Clan NT
    THE AGP

Quote Originally Posted by Dementek View Post
    Hell, I soloed Virgil on a 25 (non-twinked) froob MA the other day. Never managed that on any other regular 24 toon.

edit: double post, sry
    Soloed Abmouth on a lvl 24 froob crat once. Was a very fun fight.

Did it on my advy when she was level 24, did have a couple of OSBs but none of the ones that make it super easy like RRFE and HnQ. Think I had top advy shield buff and top wolf....

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Killed her once, got a NODROP UNIQUE ergo thingy plus some kind of katana. Looked like standard subway loot to me.
    Yeah pretty much std stuff, got a Concrete Cushion and Second-Hand Old English Trading Co from them over time, best loot I got from them imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryCruncher View Post
    I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting or don't know about.
    Stolt Jensenberg..

Norways prime minister: Jens Stoltenberg

This level change in the subway bothers me. There are good deal of nano's that were level locked to level 25 and up that will make the subway very easy for some professions. Example: Fixers get there next hot. Having taken a fixer with a 50 pb in at level 24 and having the nano with me I leveled to 25 and found that the hot was enough to allow me to solo abby. Granted I could not leave and reenter the subway but the point being the toon was far from a uber twink (level ql30 implants and shop armor). The addition of one nano was all it took to over power the last boss completely.

Of all the stealth changes this one really concerns me.
    Agreed. Soloing Abmouth used to be a fairly large accomplishment. Now with access to comps and such, it'll be easy. Also, new players could make decent money off of subway loot like the NCU ring. Now that they're easier to get (i.e. without a team), the price will fall and yet another newbie cash cow will be removed.

I can confirm that Vergil does indeed spawn with Abmouth sometimes. He was not trained, he was not out of sync, he spawned.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3865/vergil.jpg
    Last edited by cepacia; Dec 26th, 2010 at 10:17:44.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123