Thread: Perk templates

Perk templates

In going over and reworking all of the perk lines, I would like to advocate for the swapping of all perk lines to the tiered level system, to give players better rewards for having higher skills.

Currently there are three forms.

Type A)
    This does 1-2 damage.

Type B)
    This does 1-2 damage if Level 1 = Trained.
    This does 2-3 damage if Level 2 = Trained.

Type C)
    This does X Damage.
    Skill 1-1000 -- 1-2 Damage
    Skill 1001-2000 -- 2-3 Damage
    Skill 2001-3000 -- 3-4 Damage.

I would like to advocate that all perks receive the Type C format and not longer have the static (this does X-Y Damage) or have their damage based off of what level of the perk you have trained.

Likewise, I would like to advocate for the decreased level at which these tiers are currently given. As it goes now, the up-coming "boom-boom" perk for grenade engineers does the same damage if I have 1100 grenade, as I do if I have 1950 (how does that make sense?) Likewise once I get beyond 2001 grenade skill this perk will do the same damage for me unless I can reach the unheard of amount of 3000 skill. The game does not reward me for getting higher skill, essentially.

Likewise I would like to see a tier system not based of static 1-1000, 1001-2000, etc but a formula that is based off how much skill you have. Such that going from 1234 skill to 1324 skill will give me an increase to the amount of damage my perks do.

As such, for debuff perks this tier system could be used to increase the duration of the debuff perk.

IE: Deconstruction: 24 second base duration. For every say 100 skill in Mechanical Engineering (the attack skill for this perk) the duration could be increased by .5 seconds, meaning 2000 skill would increase the debuff duration to 34 seconds.

I feel that overall this would be a better perk system, one which would actually reward the player for having higher skills (instead of the currently lol AAO gasm) and make things like Mochies for nuke classes, and wrangles for everyone a very valuable and powerful damage increasing buff.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Those boom-boom perks will probably already scale depending on grenade skill, most (all?) recently changed perk attacks do. The way it scales is by using different "weapons" between different skill values. So instead of using one scaling interval between 1 and 3000, it will use 3 intervals with different scaling: 1-1000, 1000-2000 and 2000-3000.

Using Quick Shot as an example:
    The first weapon: 1? to ql500
    The second weapon: ql1 to ql500
    The third weapon: ql1 to ql500
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"