Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 21st, 2010 - Instability in Greece caused by Macrosun!

AAAhahahaha!

Those heads are the dumbest things I have ever seen
    I mean, the nanomage head looks ok I guess but those other two looks like horrible caricatures.

The eyes, lips and nose of the opifex female are too big and I can't look at the atrox without laughing. What the hell happened? >.<
    Veteran of Equilibrium

The Atrox head looks too Asian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Yeah, i also think the atrox head looks sort of too asian. It sort of reminds me of some big crazy asian sumo wrestler cooking noodles! You know, those crazy guys you find in Hong Kong movies. :P

Btw, anybody else who thinks the opifex is suffering from squint-eyes?
    Detachment: Mayhem (OTC)

Coolx ( 220/30 ) Opifex Agent
    Evildaemon ( 220/30 ) Opifex Meta-physicist
    Criminal ( 220/30 ) Atrox Enforcer

Heads look kewl! Hehe. NM heads will still beg for a helmet in social.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Heads looking good. NM is spot on, Opi very close - needs a bit more 'caffeinated/fun' look. Trox ok, but I'm not sure that was the best Atrox example to showcase the changes with.

Don't forget to redo the large scale models in Character Creation and the Jobe Professionals buildings to reflect these changes (and the body changes still to be revealed)

When can we expect to see a wider range of heads? How far along is Bejing?

How is the rework of the trees and grass going?
    Last edited by Dagget; May 21st, 2010 at 17:31:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    What the hell happened? >.<
    Colligen Injections happened.... >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

trox has tanked too many hecklers.. screenshot looks awesome
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I'm quitting AO because of the heads. I won't comment on whether or not I like them or not. But they make me quit.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I'm quitting AO because of the heads. I won't comment on whether or not I like them or not. But they make me quit.
    can I have your stuff ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    The Atrox head looks too Asian.
    Nothing wrong with having some other racial features. But what I expect you wanted to state is that it doesn't look enough like another breed.

Actually it looks like Dr.Jeckly from Van Hellsing movie. There are several anatomical issues with it:
    - chin isn't symetrical
    - eyes are to far away
    - nose isn't protruding enough (it would have cronical runny nose)
    - ears are set too low at that size (kinda small at that)
    - lack of eyelashes and brows
    Frankly, I think OT would discard this to roam freely on RK as the rest of Bio-breeds rejects, not developing it futher for mining.

I think the artists in Bejing should invest some IP into Bio-engineering. You know, start with skull, add muscle mass, maybe add some fat and then strech skin over it.
    Edit: and also do something about colors, atm the skin looks like a wax. People faces don't have uniformal color, unless they are dead.
    Last edited by Trgeorge; May 21st, 2010 at 16:30:30.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

When I saw that image, my first impression was someone had been watching too much Batman.

I don't know what happened since the last images were provided, but these changes to the atrox & opifex heads cause them to no longer resemble atrox or opifex breeds. They look like something out of a comic book.

atrox = The Joker
    opifex = Harley Quinn
    nanomage = Alfred
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

wtb more info regarding the open pvp area.. what will it be like? what is there to gain?
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Nanomage head looks like he's about to shoot blue laser out his eyeballs. *pew* *pew*
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Means, are devs working on fixing the pets they broke recently?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

nice screenshot, glad to see heads with lots of detail, character and some emotion. (vulcans online FTL) will there be any animations on the faces though? would be nice, although, some games over do it and it ruins the atmosphere.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    Nothing wrong with having some other racial features. But what I expect you wanted to state is that it doesn't look enough like another breed.

Actually it looks like Dr.Jeckly from Van Hellsing movie. There are several anatomical issues with it:
    - chin isn't symetrical
    - eyes are to far away
    - nose isn't protruding enough (it would have cronical runny nose)
    - ears are set too low at that size (kinda small at that)
    - lack of eyelashes and brows
    Frankly, I think OT would discard this to roam freely on RK as the rest of Bio-breeds rejects, not developing it futher for mining.

I think the artists in Bejing should invest some IP into Bio-engineering. You know, start with skull, add muscle mass, maybe add some fat and then strech skin over it.
    Edit: and also do something about colors, atm the skin looks like a wax. People faces don't have uniformal color, unless they are dead.
    So basically you're saying you want the trox to look more human? No thanks, I actually like this one, finally looks like a big dumb ox like it's supposed to.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    So basically you're saying you want the trox to look more human? No thanks, I actually like this one, finally looks like a big dumb ox like it's supposed to.
    Not human, and there isn't really any info suggesting atroxes are dumb. However, they are engineered with specific tasks in mind. Their features should reflect that, anatomy suited for work in dusty, hot enviroment, toped with robust built to withstand inherit dangers of mining.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    and there isn't really any info suggesting atroxes are dumb
    Their low Intelligence breed cap suggests they are dumb.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

The opifex lips are indeed a bit odd, maybe too much saline?

The other two heads are perfect honestly, looking forward to more!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast