Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ranged vs melee balance ???

ranged vs melee balance ???

When we can await ranged vs melee balance ? Melee weps has much shorter distance and still just ranged profs has access to root/snares. WTB balance this.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

You posted items. gz on that.

Ranged professions has overall advantage in pvp mainly because of the runspeed differences and melee range being broken.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Oki Klod. Give melee root/snares and i will also post you link or armor which you should get (you cannot wear another just because of root/snares) and i will also post you 2-3profs with access to some perk (why the hell i'm forced to perk them while others do not need ?). Oh and ofc items which you should have farm for months if you want enough of them and ofc comparing neverending nanos against items ...olala.

And showing me advys or keepers nanos with % of resistance. I do not ask for resistance i want snares also (or some harpoon = come over here) and will perma cast them on you so you cannot move and i will just shout "get proper items" hahaha...... And i will do not care if you can land or not (just luck)....you have option to use them forever.

Klod try pls compare something adequate. Poor response....

If ranged profs need only nanoprogram do not compare it with items or perks.
    Its uncomparable. Ranged players can use those items too...
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

I know what i want. Give melees boss warp (but while target is in LOS). Message "come over here" so target being warped to you and rooted for 4seconds.
    Must have
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Eis is the nerfestest of the nerfestest profs. Give Eis more love. Dude, your name should be SuperQQQQQQQQQ, I never saw so much whine coming from one person.

Quote Originally Posted by mocs View Post
    Can you say it out loud and really believe it?
    Melee: enforcer - Rage
    ma - Velocity
    shade - Faster than your Shadow

So actually the only one that is slower in melee class would be..keeper.
    Waiting for your reply for ranged class (except fixer who is supposed to be faster than everything else out there).Adventurer has both choices ranged and melee so exclude him aswell.

Excluding adventurer from ranged professions. haha.

MA velocity +70 rs. AMG NERF!!! OP!!
    MY MA HAZ 2,2K RS AMGAMG.

After mentioning velocity its impossible to take you seriously.
    Clearly you don't know anything what you are talking (again) about so this is not the right place for you to "argument".
    Last edited by Jekonam; May 23rd, 2010 at 10:22:48.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    When we can await ranged vs melee balance ? Melee weps has much shorter distance and still just ranged profs has access to root/snares. WTB balance this.
    So the roots that were given to ranged professions so that they could keep melee professions at a distance are overpowered... because they keep melee professions at a distance?

Good one there Patton.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    MA velocity +70 rs. AMG NERF!!! OP!!
    MY MA HAZ 2,2K RS AMGAMG.
    2.2k + team gsf = same as everyone else.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

It's a big issue right now. Unless GSF and Wolf and Faster Than Your Shadow were made all self only, all ranged has to do is get a buff from absolutely anyone, and hit autorun.

Then, they will have 100% damage reduction vs melee. The more people seem to know this the more frustrating being melee is turning out to be
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    It's a big issue right now. Unless GSF and Wolf and Faster Than Your Shadow were made all self only, all ranged has to do is get a buff from absolutely anyone, and hit autorun.

Then, they will have 100% damage reduction vs melee. The more people seem to know this the more frustrating being melee is turning out to be
    Melee is fine, all melee profession has to do is get gsf (most of them dont even need gsf) and hit autorun.
    Then, they will have 100% damage reduction vs ranged.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Predatoro vs Darkirbiska
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    You posted items. gz on that.
    I suggest you to learn to read. I posted more then that.

Oki Klod. Give melee root/snares and i will also post you link or armor which you should get (you cannot wear another just because of root/snares) and i will also post you 2-3profs with access to some perk (why the hell i'm forced to perk them while others do not need ?). Oh and ofc items which you should have farm for months if you want enough of them and ofc comparing neverending nanos against items ...olala.
    If you trade me access to all the tools melee profs have (which I counted), to counter snares/roots, sure.

BTW, you are getting working root/snare on this perkline, so STFU.
    Last edited by -Klod-; May 23rd, 2010 at 15:38:28.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Ranged interrupting nanoprograms and shooting while running = balance.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

But, but, but, melee classes can't /follow \n /afk , they can't perk SD , can't outrun ranged professions , can't outdamage them .... ..... ..... ....

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Melee should be much faster than ranged because of kiting and roots and snares and synch and whatever.
    If we are talking about self-buffed state, in general, they are. Plus additional tools to counter that, in case they aren't.

Yes, adv, enf, shade and MA. Also, keepers have available tools to counter roots/snares, if they don't have better run speed already.

So yes, in general, they indeed are.

{removed by Ophyr}

How you can compare nanoprogram against perk ? Each player has access to perk he usually needs. So in your view melee profs can use items or use perks while ranged do not need to waste his perks on antiroot and still is able to root/snare others.
    What is recharge on perk and what is recharge on root/snare nano ???

Melee can outrun ranged ? You are funny....so lets say +200 in runspeed will save melee ? Because one root/snare and ranged can still attack....melee cannot. You think this is balanced ? Somebody can just cast nano program and somebody should use items, waste his perks because of root/snare (and he don't need those perks in PVM). While ranged has also access to items for removing root/snares (for melee need to have) that it is not a balance. Because melee prof do not get anything what ranged can use.

Once again...do not compare these things and try find balance.
    Last edited by Ophyr; May 23rd, 2010 at 21:09:34.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    Eis is the nerfestest of the nerfestest profs. Give Eis more love. Dude, your name should be SuperQQQQQQQQQ, I never saw so much whine coming from one person.
    Maybe because i care of balance (because i'm fair and playing each prof)....and you do nothing ?

Tell me what have you try improve with your post ?

Nothing ? Why do you post then ?
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

{Removed by Ophyr}

How you can compare nanoprogram against perk ?
    I was comparing numerous tools, not only perks. Learn to use them.

Each player has access to perk he usually needs. So in your view melee profs can use items or use perks while ranged do not need to waste his perks on antiroot and still is able to root/snare others.
    Melee profs can use passive bonuses that certain perks/nano programs give (resistances). If this helps you against snares/roots (while it most certainly does), then it's not a waste of perks.

What is recharge on perk and what is recharge on root/snare nano ???
    What it has to do with recharges, if you gain passive resistance and several (4?) root/snare removers (with added 20 sec immunity on some of them, once they are used)? And anyways, it has been said that roots/snares will get additional cooldowns and PvP durations reduced.

Melee can outrun ranged ?
    Yes.

...so lets say +200 in runspeed will save melee ?
    +200 run speed alone? No. Your ability to use the rest of your given toolset might help though. It's not my problem if you don't know how to use it.

Because one root/snare and ranged can still attack....melee cannot.
    That's the idea. Good thing spammability of roots/snares will be dealt with. Too bad you can't read with understanding though.

You think this is balanced ?
    It will be and in case of CC profs Vs SD profs, it already is.

Somebody can just cast nano program and somebody should use items, waste his perks because of root/snare (and he don't need those perks in PVM).
    Yes.

While ranged has also access to items for removing root/snares (for melee need to have) that it is not a balance. Because melee prof do not get anything what ranged can use.
    Indeed, melee didn't get anything but... Crapload of burst damage, ability to hit while running, better tanking abilities, passive resistance to roots/snares, etc...

Once again...do not compare these things and try find balance.
    Try to use all given tools for once, then come back, or don't. I don't care.
    Last edited by Ophyr; May 23rd, 2010 at 21:13:51.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast