Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top annoyances of your profession

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    You realize soldiers have the SLOWEST runspeed in the entire game right?
    No, that would be engies and MPs, thank you very much.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    shades got 1,6k RS endgame! we win.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    Buff up.

That's right about 269 more then my MP with intel symbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    wut? I've got over 2.7k on my shade with xan board in.

Crat:
    unreliable pet aggro
    useless nanos that could be useful
    mediocre perk lines/actions

MP:
    no pet aggro
    too many pet controls/nanos/perks to juggle around. in a tight situation it's a mess, pvp is complicated
    level locks for caster profession duh

Trader:
    useless nanos that could be useful
    lack of decent weaponry
    lack of SL CC

Shade:
    toolset deficiencies
    spirits + ofab among other things buff skills not relevant to shade toolset
    lack of ql 300 spirits, nice try there with LOX but that's just 10€ worth of band aid + duct tape
    Last edited by mes; Jun 17th, 2010 at 12:40:52.
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by NotDavidBowi View Post
    Nanotechnician:
    minimum of 2s capped cast time on every single endgame nuke. This is annoying in raids/teams where mobs die fast. Give us some instacast nukes so we can stop nuking remains.
    This.
    You can even put the 2s in the recharge time and make the nukes unusable against players Funcom.

Buff up.

That's right about 269 more then my MP with intel symbs.
    shades all have perked notum repulsor 10, they dont buff themself anymore
    Last edited by akademiker; Jun 20th, 2010 at 01:56:29.

Quote Originally Posted by akademiker View Post
    shades all have perked notum repulsor 10, they dont buff themself anymore
    Oh, my bad.

What perk action do you get at Notum Repulsor 10? I bet that is why Means piercing NR8 NT is so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Only going to comment on PVP aspects:
    TL5 (150) trox sol:
    * did anyone say rootable?
    * did anyone say drainable?
    * slow? a bit..
    to add on to Niles nice post

*Traders
    *NTs

both are definitely annoyances to all extremes
    Plugsz
    President, Newcomers Alliance 220/30/70 Gun Advy RK1
    Advy Guns since day 1 and damn proud of it
    Manguyver's Foremans/Biomare Services services on pause for now

Hardcorree 200/30/67 Bringing DD and off-tanking to a battle near you.

you forgot docs!

Quote Originally Posted by thermonuked View Post
    you forgot docs!
    Doc's don't have to sacrifice right wrist symbiant to perform well at PvP, it is an imperative for engies and MPs though.

But yes, docs would come right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Dear god.

This has to be the most uninformed anti-soldier post i've ever seen.

You realize soldiers have the SLOWEST runspeed in the entire game right? On top of the WORST NR to boot.
    i can understand the fanboy attitude, i play all profs, so i know most of the strengths/weaknesses even if i am firmly in the weakness camp myself, but when a self admitted gimp soldier can take down 2 or 3 good characters, and good soldiers can easily handle 5, for 1m40s anyway, its far from an even fight. cocoon/absorbs got a huge nerf because of a couple of low hp NT's who were unkillable, on my enf, advy and keeper its not even worth using, as FA/SA/AS will take it down in one hit and possibly even cap damage afterwards, but reflects take capped damage, then reduce the damage, which is already halved for pvp, i just say for balance reasons, the same rules should apply for reflects as they do for absorbs.

oh, and apart from the root effect from AMS, which was aimed at soldiers, they arent the only prof that uses reflects, engi, keeper, enf, advy all have them as well you know, as well as any prof who gets RRFE from a friendly soldier
    Last edited by thermonuked; Jun 21st, 2010 at 12:34:59.

It's 1min20s.

Thing about PvP: Capped Specials kill people.
    Thing about Reflects: They begin helping against capped specials after 50-60%. They are literally useless if lower.
    [...]as FA/SA/AS will take it down in one hit and possibly even cap damage afterwards, but reflects take capped damage, then reduce the damage, which is already halved for pvp, i just say for balance reasons, the same rules should apply for reflects as they do for absorbs.
    The damage is capped at 13.000/15.000 PvP damage which will then get reduced by reflects. I don't know exactly how absorbs work, but I'd guess it'll be in the same manner.
    RRFE is powerful when combined with other defenses, playing a soldier means having no alternative to your reflects. That's why we have such a high %value on AMS. This is the thing I dislike most about soldiers - the one trick pony. You either shield up or die. Whether the fight'll last 70 seconds or only 5.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    The damage is capped at 13.000/15.000 PvP damage which will then get reduced by reflects. I don't know exactly how absorbs work, but I'd guess it'll be in the same manner.
    as far as i know its wrong. i heard of some soldiers who hitted an enfo with 14.500 but not more. if it was with reflect or not i dont really know.

You absorbed 10000 points of XXX damage.
    YYY hit you with 3000 points of aimed shot/full auto damage

this happens a lot and sometimes with reflect too.
    RK1
    Cistie 220/30/70 Solitus Trader
    Blackangel85 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Leonearn 220/30/70 Solitus Shade
    Listalis 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Luzifer85 220/30/70 Solitus Adventurer
    Teufel85 220/30/64 Atrox Enforcer
    Spawn85 220/30/58 Solitus Nano-Technican
    Charisse 220/27/59 Solitus Doctor
    Ersa 220/25/58 Solitus Martial Artist
    Daemon85 219/27/57 Nanomage Meta-Physicist
    Lecine 220/30/60 Solitus Bureaucrat

Hmm.

I have been thinking about what annoys me since page one, and havbing read through all the replies I still havent decided. I guess this means my prof is doing good atm. And I must admit I kinda feel rewarded atm, for sticking with the fixer prof since I started.

Anyways, I don't PVP enough to really have valid points other than the silly fixer/NT matchup. It shames me to have to run away, but if I dont I just die.

Anyways been trying to think of PvM situations, and what springs to mind is having to recast/reequip my backitem every 6 hour.

And, again, PvM wise, I was at first very glad to see the new nanos that could remove DOTs, UBTs, snares etc. But more or less every single new program introduced to the game since haven been immune to these nanos. That just feels silly, especially when you prefer PvM over PvP.

Now if only people would start recognizing we have been given som lub recently and can do more than just give out Fgrid at bor. I might get invited to more stuff then

as far as i know its wrong. i heard of some soldiers who hitted an enfo with 14.500 but not more. if it was with reflect or not i dont really know.

You absorbed 10000 points of XXX damage.
    YYY hit you with 3000 points of aimed shot/full auto damage

this happens a lot and sometimes with reflect too.
    Bioshielding does give 2 or 3% reflect. So I wouldn't wonder about slightly smaller hits.
    As with reflects, absorb comes before 40% caps are considered. Well, I'd support a modified cocoon for Meatbags/Enforcers ( like +2 special absorb ) as these mechanics do make sense, considering lower HP more everything advies.
    Well, in order to not derail this thread further we could initiate a talk in game mechanics about this topic.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

i'd be happy if cocoon were affected by HP, atm, its about 70% of my advies hp, 50% of my keepers, and 33% of my enfs, but best of all, 130% of my engi's, who also has 7 special blockers so doesnt lose cocoon the second its put up.

pvp damage should be halved for absorbs, not capped to hp, just halved, it'll still take down any nano absorbs, in a single shot, but will allow cocoon to do its job again

i'd be happy if cocoon were affected by HP, atm, its about 70% of my advies hp, 50% of my keepers, and 33% of my enfs, but best of all, 130% of my engi's, who also has 7 special blockers so doesnt lose cocoon the second its put up.

pvp damage should be halved for absorbs, not capped to hp, just halved, it'll still take down any nano absorbs, in a single shot, but will allow cocoon to do its job again
    On an enfo, I can kind of understand this. Kind of. Sure, a soldier or agent and pox your coon in one FA/AS. On other profs tho, dear god no. Especially for engineers and adventurers. The last thing advies need is more defense and it'd just be ridiculous on an engineer.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    What perk action do you get at Notum Repulsor 10? I bet that is why Means piercing NR8 NT is so awesome.
    "huge" direct damage every 6mins:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=227218

i can understand the fanboy attitude, i play all profs, so i know most of the strengths/weaknesses even if i am firmly in the weakness camp myself, but when a self admitted gimp soldier can take down 2 or 3 good characters, and good soldiers can easily handle 5, for 1m40s anyway, its far from an even fight. cocoon/absorbs got a huge nerf because of a couple of low hp NT's who were unkillable, on my enf, advy and keeper its not even worth using, as FA/SA/AS will take it down in one hit and possibly even cap damage afterwards, but reflects take capped damage, then reduce the damage, which is already halved for pvp, i just say for balance reasons, the same rules should apply for reflects as they do for absorbs.

oh, and apart from the root effect from AMS, which was aimed at soldiers, they arent the only prof that uses reflects, engi, keeper, enf, advy all have them as well you know, as well as any prof who gets RRFE from a friendly soldier
    I'm sorry my friend but your post is full of fail, faults and ignorance. You hate soldiers, we get it but your fantasies about gimpy soldiers taking out 2-3 "good" chars is just delusional. What classes would those be to begin with? And about soldiers easily tanking 5 ppl for 1m 40 secs. Holy... first of all it's 1m 20 sec. So you're wrong already there. And I know for a fact that I don't last more than 10-15 seconds against a group of 5 "good" toons unless they are all pvm docs. And if an engi or nt shows up it's all over in about 3 seconds. I know this for a fact since I do play a 220/30/70 soldier with every thinkable item in game.

So, sorry, you're just plain wrong about everything.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast