Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fear

Only reason I'd want to keep phears in game is because it makes low level crats usable on BS, other than that they should really be removed.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by zorxer View Post
    both sides got it, both sides got keepers/fixers to prevent it, i don't see a problem (and yes i find it annoying too, so what)
    There is more crats, MAs and enforcers than keepers( as 20:1) and you are damn lucky if you find some keeper and fixers? They piss on you, they don't care if you are feared.
    So no, there isn't defense vs fears, Funcom killed mass pvp for keepers 2 years ago.
    It is ****ing hilarious when they gave fear MAs and Enfs, both have nasty stuns and now fear?
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Jun 6th, 2010 at 14:41:10.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    There is more crats, MAs and enforcers than keepers( as 20:1) and you are damn lucky if you find some keeper and fixers? They piss on you, they don't care if you are feared.
    So no, there isn't defense vs fears, Funcom killed mass pvp for keepers 2 years ago.
    It is ****ing hilarious when they gave fear MAs and Enfs, both have nasty stuns and now fear?
    Such an insightful post. You only need 1 keeper per side so who cares if you do not have 5 keepers to 5 enforcers. Sure you are spot on that if you roll a keeper or fixer you are by default an idiot and an *******, so I guess you win that part.

Either way, the OPness of MA's at all levels definately shouldn't have given them any love, so bump there we should nerf them instead. Enforcers 3 minute lockout on a fancy snare is also too short for something so completely OP, I say make it 30 minutes like dimach.

Someone who plays class with access to 3.5+K ar, 4.5K nr, stuns, fears, capped RS, SA, bio shielding line, removing root/snares with one insta buff, absorbs, good heals, special dreadloch absorb,110%resist blinds or deinits.....shouldn't get access on thread about balancing game, because his problem is only HP vs FA,AS, but he has no idea about another game issues.
    As you need only 1 keeper , check range of anti-fear aura, check chance that keeper is around you vs enemy enf, ma or crat and then you can come back and speak about this issue again.
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    And yet a person who can take away 90% of someone's HP with 1 click should?
    If you have fight 174( or green hecknoob) vs 219...but noway vs endgame setups, someone of them can out-heal damage of triple while it is in recharge.

edit: I just want to say that we didn't want something as LE nukes,DR,RI,BR,GTH,fears,other nemesis nanos....they should remove all these buffs from game and balancing should be easier. But it is like Devs have no idea about game, if Funcom has only 3 people for engine,balancing,...they don't have time to play this game, they can't see how is this game unbalanced, not only buffs, but population too,...if they don't know it, how the hell they want to fix it? Something as give AS pistols to advs with 80% dodge check on their perks?
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Jun 6th, 2010 at 20:13:57.

Crat fears do break on hit - I fear people quite often on my crat, and the first hit I get in, they're back on my a$$, pummeling me. And no, crat fears don't have the snare effect, but you can combo the fear with AoE snare (snares don't break fear). The main question I have about fears is why MA pvm fears are AoE with a pvp target fear, and crat pvm fears are single target with a pvp AoE. Little regard was given to the flavor of the classes when pvp fears came in.

As to MPs getting fears - I like the idea of the mezz pet casting the fear, perfect fit.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

wow... WOW... for once ppl are qq'ing over something I have =D this is awesome =))) cry moAr!! =)))))))))))))))

Someone who plays class with access to 3.5+K ar, 4.5K nr, stuns, fears, capped RS, SA, bio shielding line, removing root/snares with one insta buff, absorbs, good heals, special dreadloch absorb,110%resist blinds or deinits.....shouldn't get access on thread about balancing game, because his problem is only HP vs FA,AS, but he has no idea about another game issues.
    As you need only 1 keeper , check range of anti-fear aura, check chance that keeper is around you vs enemy enf, ma or crat and then you can come back and speak about this issue again.
    Someone who plays a class with access to 30000 pvp damage nukes and triple nukes for 3500 damage x3 while sitting under a 95% damage reduction shield definately has a place to complain about a nano that makes people run away and then snares em for a few seconds.

"zomg, you are nab, NT rarely get lucky nuke enough to hit player much so damage in pvp and that nano has uber long lockout."

Did I predict your next post? Perhaps enforcers have 2300 psychic too, and thats how I knew what you would say.

If you have fight 174( or green hecknoob) vs 219...but noway vs endgame setups, someone of them can out-heal damage of triple while it is in recharge.
    My shade, MA, MP sure as hell aren't those professions that can outheal your nukes. My MA lasts a while cause I have a ton of max health, but asside from a 33% heal ring I got jack to stop you if I don't...here's a suprise...fear you so I can get close enough to attempt to kill you.

Believe it or not, but when only a few people complain about a nano, it is usually done right. It is hard to complain about something that doesn't actually kill you or strip your defenses or anything, its a snare used by melee profs and you are bitching because once every two or three minutes someone has something as annoying as the nukes you spam every 5-7 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Someone who plays a class with access to 30000 pvp damage nukes
    /fail I don't play only NT

Not really, at least not for that reason. He said you play "A" class with acess to high dmg nukes. And nt's are "A" class with acess to high dmg nukes, even if you play other classes that dosent mean you dont play "A" class with acess to high dmg nukes (because you do). Just pointing that out to ya >.>

Quote Originally Posted by odyceus View Post
    wow... WOW... for once ppl are qq'ing over something I have =D this is awesome =))) cry moAr!! =)))))))))))))))
    I know right no one ever qq'd about a single thing ma's had until fears came along, and tbh ma fear isnt all that incredible because its on an arguably long lockout (not long by ao's standerds mind you but long by any one who has played any other mmo and realises that something like a fear in those mmo's is usualy either spammeble (but with reduced effect each time) or on a much shorter lockout, like 10-20s or something).

Just glad I finaly get to say cry moar as an ma, feals good.

PS: Shorter lockouts on ma and enf fears plx.

Oh ho ho, is that so Well I obviously only play enforcer, so you /win. Now that I think about it, I need to go ahead and update my sig.

Hm, maybe I don't just play enforcer either, and in fact none of my pvp toons even have fear...Guess ill add the rest when I feel like it.
    Last edited by Gatester; Jun 8th, 2010 at 18:45:17.

well in mass pvp should fear just ppls that hit you atleast not the rest... all rest in range can get a
    /moon effect runing that will be fun to see in a war

Quote Originally Posted by Phante View Post
    well in mass pvp should fear just ppls that hit you atleast not the rest... all rest in range can get a
    /moon effect runing that will be fun to see in a war
    and would prolly crash teh server from strain.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Al fears should be 100% brake on hit

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Someone who plays a class with access to 30000 pvp damage nukes
    Zomg less paper pvp
    30k pvp nukes? what u been smokeing
    I'm yet to see someone with ...100K hp to test if i can hit a 30k pvp nuke ...
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Realistically, fear shouldn't break on hit. Why would you be less scared when the thing you are running from smashes you in the back of the head?

Realitically, we're talking characters who have done hardcore combat all day every day for several years, against spirts and demons and satan himself (the beast), and died multiple times, they shouldn't be scared of anything anymore.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

yeah would be nice to be able to develop a (diminishing) resistance to fear the more we pvp.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

and satan himself (the beast),
    Lol, beast should give a 5hrs fear resistance buf on kill
    Molotoff Cocktail

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Realistically, fear shouldn't break on hit. Why would you be less scared when the thing you are running from smashes you in the back of the head?

Realitically, we're talking characters who have done hardcore combat all day every day for several years, against spirts and demons and satan himself (the beast), and died multiple times, they shouldn't be scared of anything anymore.
    Luckily this isn't real so the need for realistic stuff gets flushed down the toilet in a jiffy. But seriously, some dood can target me, push a button, watch me run around and the only thing I can do about it is hope that a keeper is standing near me?
    Waiting for a cure.

Fears are dumb cause of one reason, you shouldn't get hit while feared, notice when you are feared you run in random directions, thus should be harder for any prof to hit you cause they cannot assume where you will run next.....fear should not be an offensive nano (ill fear this guy so i can hit him while he runs) should be an evac nano (ill fear this guy so I can escape).

Logic behind this argument :

Fear - Run random direction - Attacker doesn't know where ull run - Attacker cannot hit you cause of random direction.
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

It does make more sense for it to be more of an evac nano.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast