Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defeat Righteousness - GTH, Borrow Reflect

Defeat Righteousness - GTH, Borrow Reflect

18.3 Update
    Grand Theft Humidity and Borrow Reflect have been significantly altered as a first step in the balancing process for the Trader Profession.

So, you only balanced those Nemesis Nanos as part of the balancing process for the Trader Profession?

Does this mean you'll be looking at the other nemesis nanos only when they pertain to that specific profession's balancing effort?

Given that, would Defeat Righteousness only be fixed when looking at either the Keeper or the Shade balancing process?

Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    18.3 Update
    Grand Theft Humidity and Borrow Reflect have been significantly altered as a first step in the balancing process for the Trader Profession.

So, you only balanced those Nemesis Nanos as part of the balancing process for the Trader Profession?

Does this mean you'll be looking at the other nemesis nanos only when they pertain to that specific profession's balancing effort?

Given that, would Defeat Righteousness only be fixed when looking at either the Keeper or the Shade balancing process?

Thanks for your reply.
    Don't give up!
    There is so many threads about this issue and it is still ignored by Funcom.
    I will try catch Means online in game and ask him about it, forum seems to be weak for this.
    cheers
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

They are doing stuff one step at a time yeah. Will have to wait and see what happens with other nemesis nanos.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    They are doing stuff one step at a time yeah. Will have to wait and see what happens with other nemesis nanos.
    That's too bad, I was hoping they were just taking action as soon as the issue was raised.

I believe means has said all the nemesis nanos will be looked at. The rebalancing is supposed to happen all at once, but I suppose they figured gth/br couldn't wait till then (which is kinda weird considering how long the were ingame in their previous state...)

But DR is not broken. It does what it says in desc, working as intended.

You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

GTH and BR didn't?
    blah

But they were plain OP'd (and still are), when compared to DR.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

DR does exactly what the description says. As stated by others, be happy your nemesis doesn't have ams for 5 minutes and can debuff -1000 skill.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiBai View Post
    DR does exactly what the description says. As stated by others, be happy your nemesis doesn't have ams for 5 minutes and can debuff -1000 skill.
    And you haven't gotten it yet. Keepers can get really high evades with procs and some gimp shades can't even perk them without auras, but it is about fun---time of pvping full buffed vs time rebuffing + spam-ability of DR.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Point is, DR isn't used as a combat debuff but as a grief tool and keepers are understandably upset about it. Change it to an aao/aad debuff instead and problem solved...

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Point is, DR isn't used as a combat debuff but as a grief tool and keepers are understandably upset about it. Change it to an aao/aad debuff instead and problem solved...
    Or simply make them cancel the buffs and not the original nanos.

While other nanos are/were OP, this one gets the prize as being the dick nano who doesn't even debuff in the short term (healing maybe) but simply cancel minutes of casting. Balance and fun!

Edit :
    5 minutes of AMS and piercing nerves being useful, made my evening.
    Last edited by boltgun; Jun 8th, 2010 at 18:47:48.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Just make DR remove the buff and not the base nano, boom done.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Just make DR remove the buff and not the base nano, boom done.
    and have DR still cast the 15s block nano so the buff parts won't refresh during 15 seconds. Still majorly disrupting for the keeper (also still one of the more powerful nemesis nanos), but atleast not so mindnumbingly frustrating for the keeper anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    While other nanos are/were OP, this one gets the prize as being the dick nano who doesn't even debuff in the short term (healing maybe) but simply cancel minutes of casting. Balance and fun!
    That DR only removed and blocked the base buffs of the auras has been changed a long time ago already, now it removes and blocks both base and buff parts of those auras.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

18.3 Update

Thanks for your reply.
    They made an amazing first good step.. one that needed immediate attention. The rest of the rebalancing is Inc-Soon(TM).

I'd be patient, these guys are taking the right decisions.

Yesterday Im was bored and i log my keeper for some bs fun (yeah i didnt see any shade around :P) it was a nice 5 min pvp till a shade show up (in enemies side i mean) and the nightmare starts, after 3 full recast of auras (in like 10 min, u kown its cast---> insta DR, cast ----> insta DR)im was in C fighting and that shade comes cast DR again and run out im tried to go behind him but keeper RS doesnt work like that :P, after he zoned i got a tell with (hehe u got pissed?) that its the way they play, after that i just didnt recast auras and run around 4 caping, thats its why when u go to bs7 u can see a lots of soldiers, nts, crat, some docs,... but 0 keepers, after that i log off my keeper and maybe i will pvp again in few months, and yes we are waiting too long for an answer to this

Quote Originally Posted by elsaa2 View Post
    Yesterday Im was bored and i log my keeper for some bs fun (yeah i didnt see any shade around :P) it was a nice 5 min pvp till a shade show up (in enemies side i mean) and the nightmare starts, after 3 full recast of auras (in like 10 min, u kown its cast---> insta DR, cast ----> insta DR)im was in C fighting and that shade comes cast DR again and run out im tried to go behind him but keeper RS doesnt work like that :P, after he zoned i got a tell with (hehe u got pissed?) that its the way they play, after that i just didnt recast auras and run around 4 caping, thats its why when u go to bs7 u can see a lots of soldiers, nts, crat, some docs,... but 0 keepers, after that i log off my keeper and maybe i will pvp again in few months, and yes we are waiting too long for an answer to this
    Maybe we should just start 4 capping and ruining the "pvp" fun?

Nemesis nanos should all be thrown in the trash... don't even bother rethinking them they were a bad idea to begin with. No 1 profession should have an advantage over another of this nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Senggum View Post
    Nemesis nanos should all be thrown in the trash... don't even bother rethinking them they were a bad idea to begin with. No 1 profession should have an advantage over another of this nature.
    It's really true, I think they should've taken it to the High road of having ALLY nanos, where you can help a specific profession.

Maybe we should just start 4 capping and ruining the "pvp" fun?
    If i go full defensive gear i dont need that auras for easy cap :P,i dont like 4 cap but i just did that 'cos what else i can do in that round with a shade in my ass casting DR all the time? i dont insta die with that nemesis nano lands ok, but i cant pvp (i cant perk anyone, i cant kill anyone, i cant play like a support prof healing around,no keeper aruas so u cant help a team with that, i cant debuff...) so what else? just 4 cap.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast