Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FC need to fix runspeed in the next patch.

removed
    Last edited by Means; Jul 2nd, 2010 at 13:39:27. Reason: Naming and shaming is against forum rules

Quote Originally Posted by Josephina View Post
    Lots of stuff
    Thanks, I was under the impression that the strafing speed pre-patch was static (Y = a and not Y = a*X).
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

I like this fix, all tho afew pages back someone mentioned something interesting.. Basically giving melee professions a 3sec root proc... Make that 2 sec and im all for it, makes sense, feels balanced and makes melee life abit easier.. Maybe 5 or 10% proc chance..

Then again i dont see what the big deal is about but thats probably because i stay and fight like a man instead of kiting (then again soldiers got the tools to do that).. -.^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    I like this fix, all tho afew pages back someone mentioned something interesting.. Basically giving melee professions a 3sec root proc... Make that 2 sec and im all for it, makes sense, feels balanced and makes melee life abit easier.. Maybe 5 or 10% proc chance..

Then again i dont see what the big deal is about but thats probably because i stay and fight like a man instead of kiting (then again soldiers got the tools to do that).. -.^
    If that 2 sec root comes with -1500 aao sure.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Jul 3rd, 2010 at 12:18:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    If that 2 sec root comes with -1500 aao sure.
    Yes god forbid that someone should have a chance in hell to kill you... <.<
    Messiah has spoken.

Yes god forbid that someone should have a chance in hell to kill you... <.<
    yeah....problem is if we cant cath people how are we supposed to root proc? thats like telling melees to rely on brawl stun to catch people

rise RS cap and fix the counterweight perks and itll be a good step

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    yeah....problem is if we cant cath people how are we supposed to root proc? thats like telling melees to rely on brawl stun to catch people

rise RS cap and fix the counterweight perks and itll be a good step
    Ambush them? Most people wont see you coming up from behind or from around a corner, atleast it gives you a chance to keep em there without being OP..
    Messiah has spoken.

Ambush them? Most people wont see you coming up from behind or from around a corner, atleast it gives you a chance to keep em there without being OP..

you dont say.

my point was, a root proc would be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    you dont say.

my point was, a root proc would be useless.
    Well live with people running away from you then

Imo they should change the hard cap to a tough soft cap... Make higher RS matter.. And maybe even soft cap it earlier so we dont get huge sync issues..
    Messiah has spoken.

Anyone who is ranged doesnt even have the right to comment on this change.

I dont think anyone has an issue with ranged with the same runspeed being able to run at the same speed, what this has done has massively nerfed some classes's effective runspeed. This has a BIG impact if you are melee.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Anyone who is ranged doesnt even have the right to comment on this change.

I dont think anyone has an issue with ranged with the same runspeed being able to run at the same speed, what this has done has massively nerfed some classes's effective runspeed. This has a BIG impact if you are melee.
    Well things like giving all melee classes higher runspeed would totally screw over ranged...

All melees could simply just outrun us whenever they where about to bite the dust leaving melee near immortal...

Hence there needs to be a balanced re-work of ether runspeed, or the way meele keep in range, or both...

Just flipping the coin wont do any good..
    Messiah has spoken.

Well things like giving all melee classes higher runspeed would totally screw over ranged...

All melees could simply just outrun us whenever they where about to bite the dust leaving melee near immortal...
    Even if you're playing a ranged profession with no CC, that melee player has to get 40+m away from you to be out of your range. That's hardly immortality, certainly when considering that runspeed lowers dramatically when at very low hp.

Now reverse that with a ranged player running away from a melee player: the ranged player has to get about 4+m away from the melee. Since the melee professions have no ranged CC (other than root grafts ) that is real immortality.

Arguing that ranged professions should have more runspeed than melee so melee can't run away from ranged is absurd.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

Even if you're playing a ranged profession with no CC, that melee player has to get 40+m away from you to be out of your range. That's hardly immortality, certainly when considering that runspeed lowers dramatically when at very low hp.

Now reverse that with a ranged player running away from a melee player: the ranged player has to get about 4+m away from the melee. Since the melee professions have no ranged CC (other than root grafts ) that is real immortality.

Arguing that ranged professions should have more runspeed than melee so melee can't run away from ranged is absurd.
    Ofcourse it is, thats why im not arguing that they should have more runspeed, thats why im saying that runspeed should ether be softcapped or that melees get a short root/heavy snare proc to aid them at times so that ranged wont be able to get away every single time.. And yes i am playing a ranged profession with no CC, not even root grafts..

Sure you need to get 40 meters away but if you run around corners etc that gives you a decent window without attacks to get further out, especially if all melee should have faster runspeed to be able to catch anyone trying to kite like some are sugesting..

And general note: I think rage was intended to let enfos get to there enemy easier/faster, not as a way to flee -.^
    Messiah has spoken.

Hence there needs to be a balanced re-work of ether runspeed, or the way meele keep in range, or both...

Just flipping the coin wont do any good..
    Was this a massive problem pre-strafe nerf?
    No.

Besides, any rooting or snare class has this ability anyway. And from a Soldier POV, almost every class if not every class has this, more or less a counter to AMS for them.

Range was still considered an advantage in this system, and noone was really whining about the speed of melee classes either.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Was this a massive problem pre-strafe nerf?
    No.

Besides, any rooting or snare class has this ability anyway. And from a Soldier POV, almost every class if not every class has this, more or less a counter to AMS for them.

Range was still considered an advantage in this system, and noone was really whining about the speed of melee classes either.
    No i didnt bother to whine, but guess what, i kept having advys and enfos simply run away from me, especially enfos... So many kills lost...

The fact that i didnt bother to whine about it didnt mean i didnt hate it..
    Messiah has spoken.

As Heartless already said, a proc would be useless CC for melee because then they would have to be able to reach the other player. Suggesting melee CC so melees can fight people they can't reach in the first place is absurd as well.

I've said this before to you rktim, but you really need to quit being so completely self-centered and realize that other players won't play punching bag professions for your amusement. Player godmode might not be an issue for npc's, but pc's won't stick around and then your fun will be over as well. Melee has to be able to fight back and for that they need to be able to close the range gap, with either ranged CC or higher runspeed. Since melees never had ranged CC in AO and always had more runspeed (except the 2 SL professions, but that expansion was entirely fubared anyhow), it would be most logical to have that runspeed work for them.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

well if you look at the new perk docs, advies are getting a snare and root perk, its gonna be great, solitus are also getting a root perk, perk range is going to 5m+ im assuming weapons too, RS is being reworked, i think itll be really sweet once all that hit, we just have to wait but most of us dont wanna wait another year

As Heartless already said, a proc would be useless CC for melee because then they would have to be able to reach the other player. Suggesting melee CC so melees can fight people they can't reach in the first place is absurd as well.

I've said this before to you rktim, but you really need to quit being so completely self-centered and realize that other players won't play punching bag professions for your amusement. Player godmode might not be an issue for npc's, but pc's won't stick around and then your fun will be over as well. Melee has to be able to fight back and for that they need to be able to close the range gap, with either ranged CC or higher runspeed. Since melees never had ranged CC in AO and always had more runspeed (except the 2 SL professions, but that expansion was entirely fubared anyhow), it would be most logical to have that runspeed work for them.
    Yes obviously your at a disadvantage if your trying to run up to someone thats 35m away, what im saying is that a root proc would help you keep people close to you, not that it would allow you to catch people that are already for away.

Im not the self centered person here, im trying to figure out boosts for melee that are somewhat balanced while not playing a melee class myself, if i was self centered i would claim that everything is fine as it is.. Some other people however are asking for the abilty to be able to catch every one else while being able to run away themselves simply because there melee.... Now who is self centered?

Lets see if i can make this abit graphical...

Melee power scale
    Total Imbalance.......... Current situation ....... Rktim .................................... You
    -------||-------------------------||----------------||--------------------------------||->

"Total imbalance" being where melee proffesions are unable to move or have any CC
    Balance being somewhere rigth of the current situation and somewhere left of "You" (maybe a little rigth of "Rktim" im not saying im perfect, but rather add more boosts then to bring out the nerf hammer or try to bandaid by giving all ranged toons snares if it goes to far)

I like how me suggesting improvements for melee classes that directly go against my own awesomness makes me the bad guy just because im not asking for melee to become awesome...

@heartless888

Yeah, dont forget reversed knock-backs for enfos and.. MAs? -.^..
    Or maybe they scrapped those also?

One of the main issues with melee running faster with strafe running where the sync issues... You just needed to be like 10m away while doing it and no one would be able to hit you due to "Target is to far away"

Now if Josephina would calm down and stop going "OMG ROOT PROC WONT LET ME CATCH PEOPLE RUNNING AWAY! TIM ARE SUCKZ" he/she would probably noticed that i also said that runspeed could be soft capped and scaled back.. Meaning that everyone would be running slower but higher runspeed skill would still make you go faster relative to others, giving toons with high RS (mainly melee and fixers) a chance to take advatage of that.. Simply increasing runspeed hardcap wouldn't do much today except kill sync... Your Run Speed skill should dictate your speed, not simply if your melee or ranged like some are suggesting..
    Messiah has spoken.

Yeah, dont forget reversed knock-backs for enfos and.. MAs? -.^..
    Or maybe they scrapped those also?
    Iirc Means said around a year ago that this would be a unique keeper ability and I guess it justify for the love pistol users got. Oh boy oh boy I'm so exited! When it hits live 2014 I be the first one back!
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

lets put it as simply as possible

it is not fair for a class that can get 4000 runspeed to be running as fast as ANY SLOW CLASS that gets a 250 run speed buff from a shade.

wtb fix.

run speed was fine before but the problem was people splpoting it left and right, believe it or not that was Cs way of getting rid of RS sploiting until they fix things, now if someone is faster than you (they cant) they clearly cheat, for sure, 100%, even though it isnt even possible anymore. FC did a good job so far, they are just a tad slow

PS @ tim yeah you dont play a melee class, so stop trying to *help* clearly you arnt helping cause we spent the last two pages argueing with you

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast