Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 170 agents needs nerf :)

The main thing i see with incoming (or not :P) as and 2x aao check changes is that tl5 advy will go from zomgzuber up to godlike and MPs, crats or whatever will still go down with just regular hits, it may just take a bit longer than it does today.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    The main thing i see with incoming (or not :P) as and 2x aao check changes is that tl5 advy will go from zomgzuber up to godlike and MPs, crats or whatever will still go down with just regular hits, it may just take a bit longer than it does today.
    Your talking from a enfs possition , agent will probebly not kill a mp with regulars before he dies , and crats well ... they can handle it as it is .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by viktory22 View Post
    I understand you get this but what im saying is imagine the x2 AAO perks where nerfed. Then agents will have a diffucult time executing their entire alpha on the tl5 evade professions. So its not a matter of nerfing the whole alpha which is what people want.

A tl5 agent will struggle to land pinpoint on most targets who are high evade professions.

I don't wanna see an entire nerf in fact TL5 will be a lot closer once x2 aao is taken out. People just dont realize that those are the perks which are the problem which ofc anyone can perk and use. And many people don't realize its a known issue and has already been addressed...
    against true evade professions, landing any perks is pretty much OP'd.

against true evade profs, 11s AS and normals should be easily enough to destroy them in less than a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    against true evade professions, landing any perks is pretty much OP'd.

against true evade profs, 11s AS and normals should be easily enough to destroy them in less than a minute.

Mps and Nts are a "true evade prof" give me a brake ...
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    Mps and Nts are a "true evade prof" give me a brake ...
    ????????

what are you talking about?

the above poster said evade profs. true evade profs are MA fixer, shade and crat.

MP isn't included, but I think they probably need better definition as either an evade prof, or a reflect+sub evade prof. NT has enough defences.

If you can't perk NT, you need to wait out their defences and kill them using standard methods.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Jun 22nd, 2010 at 00:34:04.

True evades profs? Crats? How? Because of natural high evades? Our acrobat?

Just because a profession dedicates every slot to something to raise evades does not an evades profession make.

Only 'true' evades prof would be a fixer, with pretty much 100% unperkability going, bar MR, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    True evades profs? Crats? How? Because of natural high evades? Our acrobat?

Just because a profession dedicates every slot to something to raise evades does not an evades profession make.

Only 'true' evades prof would be a fixer, with pretty much 100% unperkability going, bar MR, obviously.
    I'd be willing to go with:

A true evade prof is one which relies on evades for primary or secondary defence, but not in conjunction with coccoon.

But, also, you have to assess what other defences a toon is capable of making. like, if a toon can't equip for AR or HP or reflects or some other "OTHER" defence in every slot, or, not in an effective way, they become a evade prof by default.

so, that would be fixer, MA, shade, crat, trader and MP would be included by this definition, because they really don't have any other active defence, certainly not coon, strong reflects, or substantial healing capabilities, not advy, not sold, not enforcer, not doctor, not keeper.

while trader IS an evade prof, I don't want to talk about them.

In this game, everyone but engies and docs are evade profs. Yes, even soldiers are, if they chose to.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Eh, different definitions of what makes an evades profession, then.

Heck, at tl5, even docs are.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Heck, at tl5, even docs are.
    Tl5 engies as well as some tl7 docs successfully pull of evade focused setups as well. There's a difference between "evade profession" and "evade focused" tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Tl5 engies as well as some tl7 docs successfully pull of evade focused setups as well. There's a difference between "evade profession" and "evade focused" tho...
    yup yup and that difference is in evade support... be it perks, buffs or profession specific items

So with that logic only... engi, doc, enfo and sold are not evade professions and im fine with that. Some professions would be quasi-evade professions such as... agent, keeper and NT. That makes the other 7 full evade professions... how I come to this conclusion is based on the different type of evades said profession gets and the ammount they get from buffs, perks or items.

Some are better off than others because of the rest of their toolset and excluding fixer they all can get near the same ammount of evades without perks.

Some perspective for the poor MPs in this thread - TL5 shade with 300 ofab, ql250 CC and 2 iGoCs has around 1800 AR and about 1600 def \o/

Will someone please think of the childr-err-shades!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Some perspective for the poor MPs in this thread - TL5 shade with 300 ofab, ql250 CC and 2 iGoCs has around 1800 AR and about 1600 def \o/

They should lower some of the lvl 190 perks down to 170 and also make the 5k absorb tattoo useable at tl5 without massive sacrifices. So we could all make threads about rolling deathstabbers of doom instaganking everyone. Shades would kinda deserve it for being totally crap at sub-TL7 pvp ever since they were created.

And generally, thats how id rather see the changes anyway, neglected profs getting boosted and improved to others level, rather than castrating midgets with garden scissors and calling that balancing.

Both stats are better than my tl5 enf with ql 300 SE ofab head and +27 combined armor. Nerf j00
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Both stats are better than my tl5 enf with ql 300 SE ofab head and +27 combined armor. Nerf j00
    Are you including Challenger?
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Are you including Challenger?
    Ofc i am.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Jun 22nd, 2010 at 20:34:54.

Hmm I see much higher stats floating around for enfs o.O

I guess shades > enfs for TL5 PVP?

if that's supposed to be bad...umm, keep trying sounds like you have the killer setup, the only question left is, can you play it?
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

No, tl5 shades are much worse than tl5 enfs but im trying to proove that ar and aad values alone dont mean a s...t.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast