Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few new pet bugs in pvp

A few new pet bugs in pvp

I've noticed UBT and Decreptitude now land first time every time on pets in pvp. I've also noticed that drains do too. In fact, for some reason every nano lands first time every time on pets in pvp unless there is the rare case of us having a buff that buffs a little bit of immunity to the nano in question. I even can land nanos on my 220 pets every time from lowbie alts when I log the pet owner out!!! What happened? Any fix for this soon?

Another thing I've noticed soldiers and shades can kill my pets in 30s or so. That's faster than I can even cast a new one and rebuff it! And other professions aren't to far behind. What is the reason for this change? Now even 210 dshark wonders and shades in med suits can annihilate my pets. Combined with the above, this is making pet professions practically unplayable in pvp. People called me crazy for using an AS gun, with pets being so uber before, but if I didn't have one equipped now I really don't think I could be competitive.

Oh and another thing, it seems like every time a crat charms my pet and then I get it back, ALL of it's buffs are gone! This is really annoying. This must be one of those "pink trees in newland" bugs. I'd be happy to do some testing to help find the cause of this really annoying bug. On a related note, pet steal back doesn't seem to be dropping anymore. I've been killing dynas and checking gms for it for almost a year and haven't found it or seen it once on gms (not once!).

I hope these pet bugs can be resolved quickly; they are really really bad for pet professions. If anyone else has experienced what I have, let it be known so maybe the devs can solve them more quickly. Also, all the hype about these new pets coming out soon is getting me excited! Can't wait!

Yeah, something must have broken up in the code. It was never like this.

Pets also started to stuck on small things like pebbles and small crevices in the ground. Not sure why's that. And there's that teleporter step onboard Battle Station... Something's wrong with it. Pets can't jump on it. It was never like that. Can you engies/crats confirm that one, or is it just MP pets?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

@Klod

Do the allmighty /wrist Emo until some Dev shows pitty and "fixes " your Pets from Melee to Ranged because its more easy than making way to porters flat.

j/k

Never ever seen any pet jump on that step , did you test if the pets dmg can reach Oppenents that are standing at the platform or is it a " i r immune to pets " location ?
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

I've been playing my MP recently (after leaving her alone for almost 5 years) so it is tough for me to know what is broken and what is 'really broken'.

My observation in Battlestation (on my 220 MP):

- If someone is capping and I send my pet in to attack.. most of the times the pet won't go over the little hump there and attack the player.. instead it just runs into that bump/step while the person is capping. I have to go behind the capper (on top of the step), hit follow for my pets and then attack.

- Similar to the above, on the teleporter areas, if someone is standing on one and I send my pet in to attack.. the pet won't walk up the step to hit the player.

I hate to whine but other players have figured this out (it is pretty obvious) and basically use these 'bugs' to nullify the value of our pets.

As for the charm thing.. I noticed that all of my pet buffs were gone as well but (as I mentioned) I didn't know if that was working as intended or not. I also noticed that every profession can debuff my pets on first try but again.. had no idea if that was working as intended.

Sidenote about Pet Pathing: I'd heard over the years that pet pathing had been fixed in this, that or the other way. As someone that hadn't touched a pet profession in almost 5 years I can tell you that pet pathing seems just as fubar now as it was in 2005.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 19th, 2010 at 09:26:56.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Jump on top of step. /pet follow. Cast BS pet warp. Watch guy on step jump through the teleporter. Kinda negates being ranged and a pet profession if I have to run up to the guy I'm attacking, tho =/
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    ...words of truth...
    pets having no NR, Pet Steal Back and Improved Pet Steal Back not being in game, and NCU-wiped pets are 3 of the worst hassles for pet class players who pvp! please look into this FC!

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    And there's that teleporter step onboard Battle Station... Something's wrong with it. Pets can't jump on it.
    seriously, this is the missing 4th worst hassle not listed above. 4th not from priority of course. likely first or second in terms of annoyance! the step looks to be inches tall. do super high tech automated assault robots and demons and such not know how to step up a few inches?

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Jump on top of step. /pet follow. Cast BS pet warp.
    although this works, does it make sense that it has to be done to coax that engine of destruction up a few inches?
    ~Techmagos -220/30/70 Engi
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent
    ~Nyrlathotek9 -174/14/xx Sold

rk1>rk2™

The only debuff a mp pet sometimes resists.... is SS from another MP

Dont worry though, FC fixed stuff like BR for them nerfed Sold's etc.
    Still here

All this stuff has been an issue for so many years that people have mostly just stopped trying to get things changed. Pet killing makes us go sit in a corner for a 30s-60s (depending on profession) just like the old GTH did for casters. It can be done indefinitely to us just like the old GTH. Yet this situation has been around for many YEARS. How about this for a temporary "fix", set all pet cast times to be instant cast and have all pet buff nanos set to instant cast and instant recharge. Then if this pet rebalancing ever happens (2015 maybe?) pets can get some actual defensive abilities (if we're lucky and devs don't just tack on another 300 aad buff and call it done).

Pet NR. Can they get some please? My lowbie alts can land stuff on 220 pets first time every time. This is HORRIBLY broken. How long have pets had no NR and how long has it been an issue in pvp? How many more years are we going to have to wait? Temporary fix: make the pet profession ring lockout 30s/60s instead of 5 minutes.

Charming of pets is broken because pets have no NR. Also upon pets return all buffs are removed from the pet. Pet steal back should remain rare. But rare as in grid armor, not rare as in dancing leprechauns from the year 3187.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryfreman View Post
    The only debuff a mp pet sometimes resists.... is SS from another MP
    Now, imagine if charms/calms had 30 sec lockout, those 25% resist nanos would actually make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Now, imagine if charms/calms had 30 sec lockout, those 25% resist nanos would actually make sense.
    Rather than how it is now where I reclaim my pet and the crat just steals it again. And I take it back and he just recasts charm. Repeat ad naseum.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Pet steal back should remain rare. But rare as in grid armor, not rare as in dancing leprechauns from the year 3187.

There is also the problem of pets being used as a buff pole for traders and heal pet being calmed by adv's, both needing a fix
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by Cryfreman View Post

There is also the problem of pets being used as a buff pole for traders and heal pet being calmed by adv's, both needing a fix
    Yes, it's annoying how advy calms only work on out-of-combat mobs/pets. It would be much nicer to calm all 3 MP pets.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I've noticed UBT and Decreptitude now land first time every time on pets in pvp. I've also noticed that drains do too. In fact, for some reason every nano lands first time every time on pets in pvp unless there is the rare case of us having a buff that buffs a little bit of immunity to the nano in question. I even can land nanos on my 220 pets every time from lowbie alts when I log the pet owner out!!! What happened? Any fix for this soon?

Another thing I've noticed soldiers and shades can kill my pets in 30s or so.
    Well, FC have said they're going to rebuild pets from the ground up to make their defences (and offences) more equal to those of players. That's part of the announced balance changes.

What worries me more, is how they plan to keep pets better updated on their stats. We've had various times in the past when a pet has been really able to hold its own - only to find that as the patches drift by, what was once a good pet doesn't keep up with the inflation of players stats and abilities.

Tying some stats to the stats of the owner is the most commonly suggested solution to this... though whether this is necessarily a really good solution is a whole other quetion. After all, we ususally see people asking for nanoskills on casting to affect the pet stats... but the reality is that practical nanoskills budgets have been largely static for years - while AR, Def and NR stats have been rocketing.

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Well, FC have said they're going to rebuild pets from the ground up to make their defences (and offences) more equal to those of players. That's part of the announced balance changes.
    They said they were going to rebuild pets something like 6 months ago, and we haven't heard a peep about it since. How hard could it be to set pets to be instant cast, and the prof hh@b to get a 45s lockout instead of a 5 minute one? That's just changing an existing value, not creating new stuff or am I wrong? Then in a few years time, or however long, pets can be properly rebalanced.

And how about making last minute negotiations removable with IPA? Bosscalm was a retarded idea to begin with, but obviously not meant for use in pvp either...
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Yes, it's annoying how advy calms only work on out-of-combat mobs/pets. It would be much nicer to calm all 3 MP pets.
    Outrageous. It should be fixed in the next patch, or even right now, this very moment.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Aug 13th, 2010 at 22:51:55.

bump?

Add both normal and improved pet steal back to the ofab vendor... People used to be able to roll this nano from mission terms in 17.5.1 patch, but it was removed in 17.5.2 along with PA and IPA. PA and IPA was added to ofab vendor, but the steal back nanos were not.

FC has done a huge mistake by removing pet steal back nanos from missions and then forgetting to place them in the ofab vendor. But it seems to me that FC love crats, since they forgot to remove crats Penumbra xan civilization quest nano from RK missions when they did the cleaning. Making it possible for crats to roll their quest nano from rk mission for a couple or years now or so.

I demand reparations. Not with the rebalance, but with next patch! Add pet steal back nanos to ofab vendor and also remove Nano Crystal (Brain Freeze) from rk missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglskremsel View Post
    Add both normal and improved pet steal back to the ofab vendor...
    No.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    No.
    Why not? Some people have them, so it's a similar case that was with the engineer 3x team blockers that were the rewards of a bugged quest. Seeing as that was handled, we probably should receive Ultra Improved Pet Steal Back which makes all pets in the vicinity bash the stealee to a bloody pulp.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast