Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mbss

Mbss

Max Beneficial SPECIAL Skill

Is missing from game.

Background

The max beneficial skill of a weapon determines at what skill the maximum benefit to damage can be attained using a weapon.

eg. The Customized Desert Reet 3000 has no defined beneficial skill. This means that for skill of up to 1000 the damage rating will be

(pistol skill)/400 *damage range

After 1000 skill, there is a new template. But, this one is fine for example purposes.

For other low level pistols, a max beneficial skill might be 750.

In this case, the damage range of the user will recieve no extra bonus if the skills is higher than 750.

The Issue

Consider an Agent weilding a high powered, scoped rifle. The rifle has a max beneficial skill of 1200 rifle. The agent can attain 1200 rifle skill fairly easily, and he uses the rifle with excellent proficiency. The agent also has extremely well developed aiming skills. In fact, he has extremely good aiming skills. The agent's aiming skills in fact, because there is no Max Beneficial Special Skill, VASTLY increase the damage range on this rifle, even though, he has reached the max beneficial skill for standard rifle operation.

In the case of the agent, this is a very peticular difference: standard operation of the rifle is imperitive for attaining standard damage. BUT, because of the agents exemplary ability for aiming and sniping, the agent can vastly increase the weapons damage rating; in fact, he can damage CAP with his weapon.

Is this fair? To me, the agent is the MASTER of this skill. I think, that a master of this skill should be able to produce incredibly damaging hits using his unprecedented sniping ability using the weapon for which it was designed. Yes, It IS fair.

Lets Look at another example:

The Aimed Shot pistol. The Aimed shot pistol requires significantly more skill to use than your Customized Desert Reet 3000. The aimed shot pistol is a very high quality pistol that can produce very balanced damage, and, it also has the enviable option to produce a sniped shot. The aiming on this pistol requires fair amount of skill, and, due to mechanistic limitations, can not pruduce huge amounts of damage, as seen by the low damage critical hit amount.

Users of the aimed shot pistol can enjoy reliable damage from normal shots, and reliable damage from aimed shots, with the occasional large damage hit from aimed shot as a result of exceptional skill with this weapon.

Is this fair? On the surface, it seems to be ok. The aimed shot skill is applied to the pistol, and the multiplier is used to calculate critical aimed shot hits.
    The maximum damage is not that large, so it requires high multipliers to attain large criticals.

No problem, except, last time I checked, doctors, engineers, bureaucrats and adventurers were better at OTHER things than aiming pistols. Furthermore, how in HELL did someone ever think that a doctor who was busy casting 100k nanobot heals was capable of achieving the same kind of skill a trained sniper has, and subsequently achieving the percentage of landed hits via the aimed shot attack as a TRAINED SNIPER!?

Agent with a high powered scoped rifle: Infinite Aimed Shot Skill Max Benefit. no problem.
    Doc/eng/crat/advy with a pistol: Infinite Aimed Shot Skill Max Benefit. HUGE EFFING ISSUE.

Biggest Bullsh*t weapon in game needs a 900 Max baneficial special skill attached.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Jun 30th, 2010 at 04:12:27.

Due to IP and symbiant limitations crats engies and doctors usually have barely enough AS to cap this pistol and not that much add damage, it doesn't do that much damage except in the hands of adv.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

As long as this worked on ALL specials, I got no problem.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Yea, gunfytr, the Aimed shot was just to provide example (and make the point), but, yes I'd like to see it on all weapons and all specials.

The sort of hidden argument here, though, is that not ALL weapons should have optimal specials damage.

Should a pistol such as a the bigburger have the same capacity for full auto as a Dreadloch shark assault rifle?

Should a Eye Onehander waterfall Shotgun have the same capacity for an Aimed shot attack as a scoped Salabim Shotgun?

Part of this argument has foundations in the prolifigate expansion on just utterly ridiculous weaponry. Why should any profession, soldier included be able to cap full auto recharge unless they are absolutely decked out in Full auto buffing gear?

Why should any profession, be able to pick up a pistol with the Aimed shot special, and become a PVP force just by equipping it?

Why should a doctor, whom has (assumedly) zero combat training in weaponry other than basic usage, be so proficient in "burst special" that they can land it on trained evasion combat professionals?

Part of this argument involves looking at specials, and the proliferation of specials which have 100% to-hit bonuses and extremely high multipliers, and perhaps tweak them down so that specials do not ruin/rule PVP as they do now.

I'm ALL for aimed shot, full auto, and sneak attack, burst and fling, brawl and fast attack and dimach. What I'm NOT for, is having professions that have in NO way specialized skills for a weapon, become instant powerhouses by equipping a weapon with them.

The classic example of this was the advent of the Dshark. Granted, Soldiers were an underpowered class for a while with very few good weapon choices after the Superior Perennium Blaster, but, the Dshark was the first of several VASTLY overpowered weapons that changed the game for the worse.

The problem with the Dshark is that every dipstick with enough skill to equip this gun, INSTANTLY gained a capped recharge full auto special. This caused massive ripples in the AO community; in fact, the ripples were more like a tidal wave. The number of soldiers rolled as soon as the D-shark was released is a testement to it.

Why was this a problem? The problem is that there is no balance associated with the equipping of an overpowered piece of equipment.

Prior to the release of the D-shark, soldiers needed to think hard about where they wanted to go, and in what way they could achieve thier goals. Some soldiers opted to stick with the SPB, others chose the higher min damage sacrosanct Blaster, others chose to go with the triple special Kry'zoch carbine.

If you go with the carbine, you get bigger min damage another special but slower FA's, if you go with the SPB, you get faster FA recharge, but lower min damage. The sacrosanct blaster was often overlooked, because the attack time was large, and people couldn't understand that it would be good damage, also, radiation damage type was relatively unsupported. There was Balance because there was no clear choice.

Now, soldiers have different choices, SMG, or AR, and again, there is some semblance of balance, but at a different scale. However, there is no balance with the the AS pistol.

The AS pistol, once equipped, turns any random support or control class into a veritable force of destruction for two reasons: 1. Aimed shot skill can be greatly enhanced by a scope and non-profession locked armour (CC,CSS); and 2. Pistol perks are available to many classes and check 80% which means that pistol users can easily swap large parts of their toolset to defence, when previously it was required to maintain basic AR needs to hit non-evade specialized profs with perks.

As a result, standard support or control professions enjoy greatly enhanced defences, hugely overpowered aimed shot specials (which is used on a weapon it was never meant for) and still are able to make full use of their offensive toolset (which never would have been possible before in any kind of remotely defensive setup).

To Summarize:

Infinite ability on specials causes issues. Weapons with specials that can be reach special recharge as a result of standardly available equipment is a massive issue. Weapons that have good damage range and overpowered specials combined with fast recharge which promote capping special recharge simply ruins the game.

I know this started out as another AS Pistol whine thread, But i'll give u the fact u make a few good points.

I have ALWAYS said the Dshark was a mistake.
    Because we said so.

I like it, thumbs up. Currently, the main reason of having huge hp, especially at lower levels, is to give agents opportunity to score record aimedshots and proudly post them on BS channel.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

In other words: 'nerf ranged, nerf AS, nerf everyone that isn't me?'

Rather than explaining why most of your post is utter nonsense, I'll just reply with;

1. AS is getting changed
    2. AS pistol is likely to be removed

Why are you even bothering with this thread?
    Last edited by crattey; Jun 30th, 2010 at 07:56:56.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    In other words: 'nerf ranged, nerf AS, nerf everyone that isn't me?'

Rather than explaining why most of your post is utter nonsense, I'll just reply with;

1. AS is getting changed
    2. AS pistol is likely to be removed

Why are you even bothering with this thread?
    <3 you too bro! bringin a brother back down to rubi ka with a gentle hand.

I don't think there was any "nerf this" in there. I just said we need MBSS that is appropriately applied to each weapon for the possibility of use for which it was designed.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I don't think there was any "nerf this" in there. I just said we need MBSS that is appropriately applied to each weapon for the possibility of use for which it was designed.
    You do realize that the AS pistol was designed for docs/engis/crats, right? (As always, advies get everything, anyway) It is actually working as intended.
    Is it a joke? Yeah. Considering AS has always been a massive design failure as far as PvP goes, adding to it the way FC has been doing over recent years through he Silverback, MP shovel and AS pistol is certainly one of the most '**** it, let's just go with this rather than something inspired or creative' additions FC has made. Hell, most of LE is. Doesn't change the fact that without it, several professions might as well not even bother with PvP at all.

None of these professions would be using AS if we had alternatives through a functioning toolset. The only reason crats, for instance, forgo the use of scouts, HUD 3 defense, symbiants in certain slots and a variation of other hud/utils/armour slots is because they have no alternative to AS. The only reason we IP that many dark-blue, low base skills is because we have no other choice than to **** our IP template for an AS weapon.
    No doubt this is part of the reason why the devs are taking ages with the balance patch. They need to actually make these classes' toolsets functioning/existing in PvP before nerfing AS and removing the pistol.

Your constant whines about ranged in general as the AS pistol in particular really do show you haven't the faintest clue about these professions and their toolset. We don't use AS because it's so awesome. We use AS because there's no alternative in PvP.

When the balance patch gets here in 2015, this will all be solved. AS will see a nerf and crats/docs/engis won't be using it anyway, because their currently non-existant PvP toolset will be changed in a way that it's better to focus on skills that come natural to them. Untill them, constantly crying over AS and trying to get it removed is nothing more than 'plx nurf others so i r betters in peeveepee'.

So again: useless forum cluttering whine thread.

Also, I think Defeat Righteousness should be a base ability for every profession.
    Last edited by crattey; Jun 30th, 2010 at 08:29:17.

You do realize that the AS pistol was designed for docs/engis/crats, right? (As always, advies get everything, anyway) It is actually working as intended.
    Is it a joke? Yeah. Considering AS has always been a massive design failure as far as PvP goes, adding to it the way FC has been doing over recent years through he Silverback, MP shovel and AS pistol is certainly one of the most '**** it, let's just go with this rather than something inspired or creative' additions FC has made. Hell, most of LE is. Doesn't change the fact that without it, several professions might as well not even bother with PvP at all.

None of these professions would be using AS if we had alternatives through a functioning toolset. The only reason crats, for instance, forgo the use of scouts, HUD 3 defense, symbiants in certain slots and a variation of other hud/utils/armour slots is because they have no alternative to AS. The only reason we IP that many dark-blue, low base skills is because we have no other choice than to **** our IP template for an AS weapon.
    No doubt this is part of the reason why the devs are taking ages with the balance patch. They need to actually make these classes' toolsets functioning/existing in PvP before nerfing AS and removing the pistol.

Your constant whines about ranged in general as the AS pistol in particular really do show you haven't the faintest clue about these professions and their toolset. We don't use AS because it's so awesome. We use AS because there's no alternative in PvP.

When the balance patch gets here in 2015, this will all be solved. AS will see a nerf and crats/docs/engis won't be using it anyway, because their currently non-existant PvP toolset will be changed in a way that it's better to focus on skills that come natural to them. Untill them, constantly crying over AS and trying to get it removed is nothing more than 'plx nurf others so i r betters in peeveepee'.

Also, I think Defeat Righteousness should be a base ability for every profession.
    Why so emo?

1) He didn't whine at all
    2) AS pistol was a mere example

SO:

1) You failed to see the larger picture in his message
    2) Let's be honest, you are crying because you don't want anyone to take your AS pistol away or nerf it in any way.
    Unlimited "Millerna" Rifleworks (220 / 30 / 70) Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ookamitr View Post
    Why so emo?

1) He didn't whine at all
    2) AS pistol was a mere example
    Anyone thats been on the forums more than 10 minutes is familiar with Mc's anti AS threads.

1) You failed to see the larger picture in his message
    2) Let's be honest, you are crying because you don't want anyone to take your AS pistol away or nerf it in any way.
    While his idea does have merit, it also fits his agenda. And, AS is getting a rather severe nerf soon (tm), so ur comment isnt really relevent.
    Because we said so.

I think he is not whining. He is giving reasonable arguments for known issues, which is always good as long as it is constructive.There will be no development without discussion. When someone is calling reasonable discussion regarding the games mechanics "useless forum cluttering whine thread", I believe is insult against the idea of these forums.

In my opinion PvP should be oriented around skill, changing environment and fun. Not by the factor who has fastest AS. It is critical to discuss about AS in all possible angles because of its wide usage and impact.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

I'll stay open to the idea that this suggestion was made as an honest attempt to solve issues and align specials with normal weapon damage.

It doesn't seem to target issues well though, since it would affect all specials and I'm not at all sure that this would be a balanced way to approach things. There seem to be other ways of approaching some of the issues in the game, that are more targeted.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Anyone thats been on the forums more than 10 minutes is familiar with Mc's anti AS threads.

While his idea does have merit, it also fits his agenda. And, AS is getting a rather severe nerf soon (tm), so ur comment isnt really relevent.
    you are failing to see his point. He says that AS is being overused by many professions right now and while it is not unintended, it certainly looks illogical.

I agree with his main point that there should be professions that are "masters" at their set traditional special attacks and skills.

You however, limit this to a mere "omg this is a nerf AS" topic. It isn't. Please read again to understand his main point.

I am aware of the changes upcoming, but again, what he suggests is not a NERF AS solution. It is different than that. SO, his topic is relevant, he proposes an alternative solution.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Should a Eye Onehander waterfall Shotgun have the same capacity for an Aimed shot attack as a scoped Salabim Shotgun?
    This was the main point of this thread, and I thank Mc for raising it, I totally agree.

Huge bump for the 'Scoped' Salabim Shotgun getting the AS special.

Thumbs up

McKnuckleSamwich, I have disagreed with a lot of your posts, but these are GREAT.
    You state the issues very logically and argumentative, and hence prove your point well, as everyone one not crying "wine" without having read it can see.

Dear developers, take this and know that I am of the same opinion.

AO is about having choices, meaning that an Agent should be able to pick up pistols.. he should not expect to be as good as a Soldier, but for some situations it might be the best; eg. a lot of small targets, where the increased firerate pays off.

In my mind the bow/sniper issue is the same:

originally Agents were considered to be able to go bow; the silent sniping killer..

Theoretical pros and cons of the two weapons:
    Bow
    • Silent
    • Fast shooting
    • Short range
    • Light (impact)
    Rifle
    • Huge damage
    • Slow to re-focus
    • Long range
    • Noisy

You can see that in some of the stats of weapons:
    Faster hitting -> less damage
    Strangely enough it is the bow that hits slower, but with more damage in each hit..
    But anyways, it should scale, so there is a choice.
    Same DPS, or almost the same, but achieved in different ways(, or some other benefit).

But looking at the list, there are some points that are not fulfilled:
    Short/long range..
    In AO Bows and Sniper Rifles have the same range..

Sniper rifles on Earth have a confirmed kill range of 2,4 kilometers..
    Bows on Earth: 36 meters in normal hunting conditions, up to 73 meters (120 meters for target practice, not involving hunting)

On Rubi-Ka:
    Bow: 30 meters
    Scoped and tuned up sniper rifle: 30 meters

ridiculous?
    I think sniper rifles should be able to shoot longer than assault-rifle, sub-machine-guns, pistols and especially hand drawn bows..

Then the Silent part..

Currently there are no benefit of using bows, only less damage..
    In other games (Unreal, Battlefield, Tabula Rasa) shooting does not instantly reveal your position to everyone else, you can sneak around and hit again, and again and again.

While in AO you are automatically targeted and they can do /follow to find you, or look at the PF map. (PVP)
    In PVM it is all automatic: you are spotted and attacked.

If it were to me, the re-sneaking feature (clearing agro-lists) should be tied up with wielding a bow.
    That indeed would make a choice: less damage but re-sneaking, or more damage, but no possibility to bail out.

Sure, MPs, Shades and everyone else with access to bows could re-sneak as well, as long as they have the concealment skill to fool the enemy.

Thank you for a good post McKnuckleSamwich

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

To sum up:
    In my AO it would be like this:
    Bows:
    Short range ~40 m standing still 20m running
    Low damage
    Fast fire rate
    Enables re-sneaking

Rifles:
    Long range ~100 m lying down/ crawling (AS only?) ~50 m standing still 30m running
    High damage
    Slow fire rate

Agro-clearing and re-sneaking should be possible, as there already are de-taunt tools.

Ofcause it might be hard to tie crawling up with AS.
    But it would make use of a feature already in the game, no one bothers to crawl though, as it gives no benefit whatsoever..

Range is ofcause an issue, as the view-distance in AO is rather low, but what about a critical hit and evade ranged bonus when crawling?
    (also a way to discourage kiting a bit)
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    This was the main point of this thread, and I thank Mc for raising it, I totally agree.

Huge bump for the 'Scoped' Salabim Shotgun getting the AS special.
    which it darn well should!

SCOPED! for heavens sake, I don't understand why it doesn't... it's bass ackwards that a scoped gun doesn't have an aimed shot.

maybe gunfytr can answer this query more succinctly than me, but, tanana is right: If a weapon is CAPABLE of sniping, and the user has the proper skills, there should be the opportunity to use that scope for a sniped shot.. unless it only has buckshot.

The idea put differently: any weapon capable of a special, with the user trained with the correct ability should be able to use that special, (status quo, so far), BUT, the user should be INHERENTLY limited by the obvious physical (AKA description/base skill) of the weapon.

imo, proper balance for AS would look something like this:

Rifle: unlimited AS potential; max range (25m), recharge only cappable in endgame equipment for specific prof (agent), recharge scaling on skill for lower (max length recharge 20s)

Bow: high AS potential, short range (<15m), longer recharge (13s max recharge), but, if you have just hotswapped to bow, you should require 5 seconds to get ready for your first shot, if you already have it equipped, there is smaller readying time. (seriously guys, have you ever used a bow? theres no such thing as GRAB IT AND SHOOT!)

Shotgun: medium AS potential, medium range (<20m), medium recharge (14s max recharge)
    pistol: (please, forgive me for saying that a bloody pistol should have aimed shot, it's only for crattey) Lowest AS potential, very low range (<12m), very low recharge (8s)

Now, the point of this is that you have to consider how a weapon would be used. A rifle should, by nature, take slightly longer to get ready, but, with dire consequences: it should do massive damage. A shotgun could also do huge damage, but clearly, a shotgun is not as accurate, and will have a lower range. It's easier to fire, but, you also have to reload.

A bow is difficult to get ready, it requires you to manually load each time, from a quiver of sorts, fit the arrow to the string, and sight along the shaft in preparation of release.

A pistol (forgive me all those who know the first thing about modern weaponry) is light, fast, and low calibre to produce very little kick, if it's scoped it could be aimed, but, the length of the gun barrel will severly, and I mean SEVERELY limit it's accuracy. Pistol are NOT meant to be fired from more than about 15-20 meters without a very rapid decline in accuracy. For an "aimed" shot, the target MUST be close enough that you can actually find your mark with the mechanics available. Finally, it would be very quick to draw, and, provided you've got the pistol close to the right position, you could aim and fire very rapidly. However, your damage is obviously going to be significantly dampened by the small calibre, and the low power. (higher power means bigger bullets, bigger kick, heavier gun, slower to use), so, to keep the speed, you have to reduce the damage and the range.

Those are my observations, so, at the VERY least, the pistol needs a serious range and damage tweak, and the way I proposed it is to limit the max beneficial special skill, which should keep the heavy multipliers down.

(does this not make sense? could someone really make use of the incredible concentration that a real sniper must to fire a simple scoped pistol to create the same result? It seems completely incredulous.)

What larger picture? AS is ridiculous? It has been since the start.

If you'd have actually bothered to ever read anything I have posted on the AS pistol, you'd have found I was against it as a way to 'fix' crats and still am. I am against crats having AS at all. I am however, even more against nerfing AS or the AS pistol as long as the majority of our toolset doesn't function in PvP. AS takes huge sacrifice to use on a crat, but it's the only way for us to have functional offensive weaponry. Provide an alternative, and crats will stop using AS. Not the other way around, e.g. simply removing AS as every melee fanboi is shouting about.

As for all of the real life comparison arguments, those have always been, and always will be silly. Game mechanics and balancing should always take precedence over accurate portrayal of reality as is in real life. It's a game. Carrying 50 backpacks loaded with guns and swords isn't exactly lifelike either, but it certainly is handy to have. Same goes, for that matter, for profession locks on say, a gun.
    Last edited by crattey; Jun 30th, 2010 at 15:31:08.

What larger picture? AS is ridiculous? It has been since the start.

If you'd have actually bothered to ever read anything I have posted on the AS pistol, you'd have found I was against it as a way to 'fix' crats and still am. I am against crats having AS at all. I am however, even more against nerfing AS or the AS pistol as long as the majority of our toolset doesn't function in PvP. AS takes huge sacrifice to use on a crat, but it's the only way for us to have functional offensive weaponry. Provide an alternative, and crats will stop using AS. Not the other way around, e.g. simply removing AS as every melee fanboi is shouting about.

As for all of the real life comparison arguments, those have always been, and always will be silly. Game mechanics and balancing should always take precedence over accurate portrayal of reality as is in real life. It's a game. Carrying 50 backpacks loaded with guns and swords isn't exactly lifelike either, but it certainly is handy to have. Same goes, for that matter, for profession locks on say, a gun.
    I apologize, with the quality of messages you have on these forums I feel I cannot spare the time to follow all of your "wisdom" on AS pistol at the moment.

And what you don't get is that Noobas doesn't only say "nerf AS on everyone except agents" he points out "every class has a traditional special attacks / perks they are known with, so these professions who are skilled at that particular form of attack should gain access to more lethal forms of this said special attack / nano / perk, whatever.

This ultimately also means they'd provide some change that'd give Crat a certain edge as well. This is why I don't believe you see the bigger picture. You take a huge idea to something as specific as "nerf AS", and it is not it.

What's worse is you do not realize that you didn't get the main point of this topic but still went on to flame the op.

It's his phrasing I object to, as usual. I fully agree that the AS pistol is a problem. However, I don't agree with his analysis which, as always, is focused on 'ranged is op', 'AS is op', etc., etc.

McKnuckleSamwich
    .......Users of the aimed shot pistol can enjoy reliable damage from normal shots, and reliable damage from aimed shots, with the occasional large damage hit from aimed shot as a result of exceptional skill with this weapon.

Is this fair? On the surface, it seems to be ok. The aimed shot skill is applied to the pistol, and the multiplier is used to calculate critical aimed shot hits.
    The maximum damage is not that large, so it requires high multipliers to attain large criticals.

No problem, except, last time I checked, doctors, engineers, bureaucrats and adventurers were better at OTHER things than aiming pistols. Furthermore, how in HELL did someone ever think that a doctor who was busy casting 100k nanobot heals was capable of achieving the same kind of skill a trained sniper has, and subsequently achieving the percentage of landed hits via the aimed shot attack as a TRAINED SNIPER!?...........

.... .Doc/eng/crat/advy with a pistol: Infinite Aimed Shot Skill Max Benefit. HUGE EFFING ISSUE......

......Biggest Bullsh*t weapon in game needs a 900 Max baneficial special skill attached......

......The AS pistol, once equipped, turns any random support or control class into a veritable force of destruction.....

......As a result, standard support or control professions enjoy greatly enhanced defences, hugely overpowered aimed shot specials .....

......Weapons that have good damage range and overpowered specials....

As usual, it's 'OP this, OP that'. It's not. If crats and engis didn't have access to AS, they might as well not bother PvP at all. It's required, not OP'd.

His suggestion of a MBS on AS is a silly one. It'd nerf AS to the point it'd no longer be worth using, thus eliminating the only proper offensive mechanism many professions have.
    On top of which, it's redundant, considering there is already a nerf to AS incoming, through the mentioned 3-sec activation time and interruptible AS for anyone bar agents.

So again, I part agree, part disagree and partly think this thread is pointless considering everyone already agrees AS is gay and the suggestion it revolves around will never be implemented anyway because FC has already stated they will take a different approach. Hence, forum clutter.

Also,

I apologize..
    apology accepted.
    Last edited by crattey; Jun 30th, 2010 at 15:39:11.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast